|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the campaigns Tony Carbo ran for John?
(b) Slick, expensive.
2. What does John omit from his letters to Kathy from Vietnam?
(a) Scenes of carnage.
(b) Reminiscences of their time together.
(c) Descriptions of his affection for her.
(d) Discussion of the future.
3. Describe the narrator of In the Lake of the Woods.
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
4. How many times did John wake up during the night in Chapter 8?
(b) Three times.
(c) He never went to sleep.
(d) He didn't wake up till morning.
5. How old is Kathy at the beginning of In the Lake of the Woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John go the day after the night of the boiling plants?
2. What does Eleanor Wade say about her son?
3. What does Paul Meadlo admit to when he is questioned?
4. When did John pass the bar?
5. What does John do after being discharged from the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we learn about John's character from the evidence and narrative?
2. What does John think about Kathy's absence?
3. What sources does the narrator use, to piece together the story?
4. Describe the setting of the opening scene of In the Lake of the Woods.
5. What did John tell himself about what he did to Weatherby?
6. What did John discover when he returned from the war?
7. What do we know about the night of the boiling plants?
8. What additional information do we get about the night of the boiling plants?
9. How does the narrator describe Kathy's feelings in the hypothesis in Chapter 9?
10. What is the narrator's hypothesis in Chapter 14?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)