|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 through 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John sleep on his first night out from the cabin?
(a) In a Canadian town.
(b) An island.
(c) He doesn't sleep.
(d) In the boat.
2. What does Calley order the men to do?
(a) Plant weapons in the village.
(b) Forget any atrocities.
(c) Take trophies from the dead.
(d) Clean up the village.
3. What does Calley say about the massacre?
(a) That in the scheme of things their actions were meaningless.
(b) That the guilty shouldn't cast stones.
(c) That killing is a national process.
(d) That there aren't any innocents in a war zone.
4. What does John wonder about after Kathy has gone missing?
(a) Whether Kathy had been having an affair.
(b) Where he could go to escape suspicion for her disappearance.
(c) What would have happened if they'd made love.
(d) What Kathy thought of him.
5. Why does John say he might have slept through the outboard motor starting on the boat?
(a) He had been ill.
(b) He had been drinking.
(c) The cabin was far from the lake.
(d) He had slept with earplugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the killing at Thuan Yen?
2. What does John tell Claude Rasmussen after talking with Patricia?
3. When did John pass the bar?
4. What was happening when John showed up when Kathy and Tony Carbo were gambling?
5. How does Kathy feel about the gesture John made after she returned from Harmon?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)