|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 through 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to John after reading Kathy's letter?
(a) His father dies.
(b) The massacre at Thuan Yen.
(c) He learns magic tricks.
(d) He loses the election.
2. How did John react when he and his company were caught in a firefight?
(a) He was brave and composed under fire.
(b) He killed everyone he saw.
(c) He cowered in a ditch.
(d) He shot at everything that moved.
3. What does Paul Meadlo admit to when he is questioned?
(a) Taking trophies from dead bodies.
(b) Stealing from Vietnamese.
(c) Shooting women and children.
(d) Raping prisoners.
4. How does John spend his time in Chapter 19, "What was Found"?
(a) On the phone.
(b) On the lake.
(c) Searching the islands.
(d) In the woods.
5. What does John wonder about after Kathy has gone missing?
(a) What would have happened if they'd made love.
(b) Where he could go to escape suspicion for her disappearance.
(c) What Kathy thought of him.
(d) Whether Kathy had been having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John do in the middle of the night?
2. What time did John get up after the night of the boiling plants?
3. Why does John say he might have slept through the outboard motor starting on the boat?
4. What evidence does the narrator describe for this hypothesis?
5. What does William Calley say when he is questioned?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)