|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John begin his political career?
(a) The military.
(b) The Minnesota Socialist Party.
(c) The Minnesota Democratic Farmer Labor Party.
(d) The Minnesota Republican Party.
2. What does Arthur Lux want to talk to Patricia for?
(a) Background information.
(b) Helping him look for Kathy.
(c) Incriminating evidence against John.
(d) Clues to where Kathy might be.
3. Where did the sheriff come out to the lake from?
(c) St. Paul.
(d) Rainy River.
4. What does the narrator hypothesize in Chapter 14, "Hypothesis"?
(a) That Kathy got in a boat accident.
(b) That Kathy died in her sleep.
(c) That John dumped Kathy's body in the lake.
(d) That Kathy wanted to hide from John and have her life back.
5. What did John arrange for Kathy, even though it saddened him?
(a) A job away from him.
(b) An adoption.
(c) An abortion.
(d) A job in politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it impossible for John and Kathy to do the things they dream about doing?
2. When does In the Lake of the Woods begin?
3. What does John remember about the night of the boiling plants after Arthur Lux and Vinny Pearson leave?
4. What does John say about secrets?
5. What do Claude and Ruth do in Chapter 19, "What was Found"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)