|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John notice the morning after the night of the boiling plants?
(a) The open door.
(b) The smell of ammonia.
(c) Blood stains on the counter.
(d) Animal sounds.
2. What does John wonder about after Kathy has gone missing?
(a) Where he could go to escape suspicion for her disappearance.
(b) What would have happened if they'd made love.
(c) What Kathy thought of him.
(d) Whether Kathy had been having an affair.
3. When did John and Kathy meet?
4. When is Chapter 8, "How the Night Passed", set?
(a) The night when John returned from the military.
(b) The night when John and his company massacred the Vietnamese.
(c) The night before Kathy's disappearance.
(d) The night when John lost the election.
5. What was John's childhood hobby?
(a) Model airplanes.
(d) Collecting stamps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it impossible for John and Kathy to do the things they dream about doing?
2. What did Deborah Lindquist say Kathy called John in college?
3. How does Arthur Lux say John might counter some of the rumors about his role in Kathy's disappearance?
4. How does John describe the scene he encountered after reading Kathy's letter?
5. What does Patricia say about the point John brings up about Kathy in Chapter 19, "What was Found"?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)