|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kathy say in the letter John gets in Chapter 13, "The Nature of the Beast"?
(a) That she wants to get married.
(b) That she met someone else.
(c) That she is waiting for him.
(d) That she needs freedom from him.
2. What was Kathy's bid secret?
(a) That she had been having an affair.
(b) That she was pregnant.
(c) That she was glad John's political days were over.
(d) That she was running away from the law.
3. What happened to soldier Weatherby?
(a) John held him while he died.
(b) John recovered his body.
(c) John shot him.
(d) John rescued him.
4. What did John do in the middle of the night?
(a) Pours boiling water on his pictures.
(b) Pours boiling water on Kathy's face.
(c) Pours boiling water on his hands.
(d) Pours boiling water on the houseplants.
5. What does Arthur Lux tell John about the election?
(a) John deserved to be arrested.
(b) John deserved to be celebrated.
(c) John deserved better.
(d) John deserved to lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe the narrator of In the Lake of the Woods.
2. What happened when the 'secrets' were released before the election?
3. What does John say in response to Patricia's anger?
4. How tall is Kathy?
5. Who is Kathy?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)