|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is John feeling humiliated?
(a) He was exposed as a phony.
(b) He was arrested for money laundering.
(c) He lost by a landslide.
(d) He was caught in an affair.
2. What shape does John's awareness of his action take?
(a) Sorrow over the redness and blisters on Kathy's skin.
(b) Terror at the silence coming from Kathy now.
(c) Horror at the sight of what he's done.
(d) Repugnance from the smell of dead foliage.
3. What does Kathy suspect John of when he joins the military?
(c) Running from the law.
(d) Political aspirations.
4. How does John describe the scene he encountered after reading Kathy's letter?
(a) He says that he and his company carried an enormous burden of suffering.
(b) He says that no one was in control of their pain.
(c) He says that no one was dying quietly.
(d) He says that no one had been spared from suffering.
5. Where is John in Chapter 13, "The Nature of the Beast"?
(a) Lake of the Woods.
(c) His childhood home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul Meadlo admit to when he is questioned?
2. How did John cope with the event that took place when he was 14?
3. What does the narrator say motivated John to join the military?
4. What does John remember about the night of the boiling plants after Arthur Lux and Vinny Pearson leave?
5. What does John remember from the night of the boiling water?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)