|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape does John's awareness of his action take?
(a) Sorrow over the redness and blisters on Kathy's skin.
(b) Terror at the silence coming from Kathy now.
(c) Horror at the sight of what he's done.
(d) Repugnance from the smell of dead foliage.
2. What does John remember from the night of the boiling water?
(a) Killing Kathy.
(b) Kathy not being in bed.
(c) Pouring boiling water on himself.
(d) Admitting his crime in Vietnam.
3. What did John's father call him when John was a child?
(d) Jiggling John.
4. What does John wonder about after Kathy has gone missing?
(a) Whether Kathy had been having an affair.
(b) Where he could go to escape suspicion for her disappearance.
(c) What Kathy thought of him.
(d) What would have happened if they'd made love.
5. Where did the sheriff come out to the lake from?
(c) St. Paul.
(d) Rainy River.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John respond to the clerk's evidence?
2. What happened when the 'secrets' were released before the election?
3. Who is Harmon?
4. What did John arrange for Kathy, even though it saddened him?
5. Who does John call after talking with Claude Rasmussen?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)