|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Arthur Lux and Vinny Pearson?
(a) Lux threatens to fire Vinny Pearson if he keeps asking questions.
(b) Lux backs Vinny Pearson's aggressive questioning.
(c) Lux gives Vinny Pearson freedom to ask John whatever he wants.
(d) Lux does not allow Vinny Pearson's distrustful questions.
2. When did John and Kathy know that the election was lost?
(a) Election night.
(b) Six weeks after the election, when the last appeal was turned down.
(c) Weeks before election night.
(d) Three days after the election.
3. How does the narrator describe the campaigns Tony Carbo ran for John?
(b) Slick, expensive.
4. What imagery does O'Brien use to convey the scene of John's anger and Kathy's reaction to it?
(a) The scent of wet wool.
(b) The comparison of John's pain to electric eels.
(c) The sound of screaming.
(d) The sound of water splashing.
5. Which of these is NOT a secret John keeps from everyone?
(a) His role in the events at Thuan Yen.
(b) What happened to Weatherby.
(c) What his father called him as a child.
(d) That he is at home in Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John remember about the night of the boiling plants after Arthur Lux and Vinny Pearson leave?
2. Who is John Wade?
3. What does Vinny think happened?
4. How did John react when he and his company were caught in a firefight?
5. Where are the soldiers from John's outfit being questioned in Chapter 16, "Evidence"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)