|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kathy suspect John of when he joins the military?
(b) Political aspirations.
(d) Running from the law.
2. What does Eleanor Wade say about her son?
(a) That he was brave and intelligent.
(b) That he would pay the money he owed.
(c) That he was not a liar.
(d) That he couldn't have hurt Kathy.
3. Why is it impossible for John and Kathy to do the things they dream about doing?
(a) They are fleeing from the authorities.
(b) John is drinking too much.
(c) Kathy is ill.
(d) They are in debt.
4. What does John notice the morning after the night of the boiling plants?
(a) Animal sounds.
(b) The open door.
(c) Blood stains on the counter.
(d) The smell of ammonia.
5. What shape does John's awareness of his action take?
(a) Terror at the silence coming from Kathy now.
(b) Repugnance from the smell of dead foliage.
(c) Sorrow over the redness and blisters on Kathy's skin.
(d) Horror at the sight of what he's done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kathy?
2. Who is Tony Carbo?
3. What does John omit from his letters to Kathy from Vietnam?
4. What had John and Kathy tried to do, that had been a failure?
5. When does In the Lake of the Woods begin?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)