|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a secret John keeps from everyone?
(a) His role in the events at Thuan Yen.
(b) That he is at home in Vietnam.
(c) What his father called him as a child.
(d) What happened to Weatherby.
2. When do we discover that Kathy is missing?
(a) When Vinny Pearson says that he thinks Wade killed her.
(b) When Wade describes pouring boiling water on the plants.
(c) When Wade wakes up.
(d) When the sheriff shows up at John and Kathy's cabin.
3. What does Arthur Lux say about Kathy?
(a) That she will turn up one day.
(b) That she is probably fine.
(c) That she is probably dead.
(d) That he did everything he could to find her.
4. Describe the narrator of In the Lake of the Woods.
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
5. What does Kathy suspect John of when he joins the military?
(a) Running from the law.
(d) Political aspirations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author interject about Kathy's disappearance?
2. When is Chapter 8, "How the Night Passed", set?
3. What does the narrator say motivated John to join the military?
4. When did John and Kathy know that the election was lost?
5. What does John tell Kathy about in his letters from Vietnam?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)