|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John and Kathy know that the election was lost?
(a) Weeks before election night.
(b) Six weeks after the election, when the last appeal was turned down.
(c) Three days after the election.
(d) Election night.
2. How old is Kathy at the beginning of In the Lake of the Woods?
3. How did John react when he and his company were caught in a firefight?
(a) He was brave and composed under fire.
(b) He killed everyone he saw.
(c) He shot at everything that moved.
(d) He cowered in a ditch.
4. Where does John go the day after the night of the boiling plants?
(a) Claude Rasmussen's house.
(b) The sheriff.
(d) Out on the lake.
5. What does the author interject about Kathy's disappearance?
(a) That it might not have happened the way John thinks.
(b) That John knew very well what happened.
(c) That it was just a matter of time until her disappearance was understood.
(d) That John was going to have to do something about the witnesses to her disappearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John remember from the night of the boiling water?
2. What happened to John when he was 14?
3. What does John think Kathy thinks of him?
4. How does John describe his memory of the night of the boiling water?
5. What was John's relationship with his father like?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)