|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John and Kathy do on their seventh day at the cabin?
(a) Swim and lie in the sun.
(b) Read and sleep and make love.
(c) Put in a garden.
(d) Clean the cabin.
2. Describe the narrator of In the Lake of the Woods.
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
3. How did John cope with the event that took place when he was 14?
(a) He studied the Vietnam War in school.
(b) He befriended the neighborhood housewives.
(c) He pretended his father was still alive.
(d) He moved back and forth between his parents.
4. Who is Kathy?
(a) John's wife.
(b) John's daughter.
(c) John's campaign manager.
(d) John's friend.
5. When did John and Kathy meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has just taken place when In the Lake of the Woods begins?
2. What does the narrator say motivated John to join the military?
3. What does John say about secrets?
4. What happened to soldier Weatherby?
5. What had John and Kathy tried to do, that had been a failure?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)