|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eleanor Wade say about her son?
(a) That he would pay the money he owed.
(b) That he was brave and intelligent.
(c) That he couldn't have hurt Kathy.
(d) That he was not a liar.
2. Who is Tony Carbo?
(a) John's friend.
(b) John's campaign manager.
(c) John's accountant.
(d) John's attorney.
3. When do we discover that Kathy is missing?
(a) When the sheriff shows up at John and Kathy's cabin.
(b) When Wade wakes up.
(c) When Vinny Pearson says that he thinks Wade killed her.
(d) When Wade describes pouring boiling water on the plants.
4. Why is John feeling humiliated?
(a) He was caught in an affair.
(b) He was exposed as a phony.
(c) He was arrested for money laundering.
(d) He lost by a landslide.
5. How do John and Kathy treat each other by their seventh day at the cabin?
(a) They are careful with each other.
(b) They are hostile toward each other.
(c) They are intimate with each other.
(d) They are indifferent to each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Kathy do on their seventh day at the cabin?
2. Why is it impossible for John and Kathy to do the things they dream about doing?
3. What happened to John when he was 14?
4. How did John cope with the event that took place when he was 14?
5. How do John and Kathy deal with the fact that their dreams are impossible for the moment?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)