|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kathy say when Tony Carbo says that John likes to stack the deck?
(a) That John can never hide his awkwardness.
(b) That John doesn't cheat.
(c) That she can always tell how John does his tricks.
(d) That John is a master of making the trick look easy.
2. What happened to John when he was 14?
(a) His father was sent to Vietnam.
(b) His parents divorced.
(c) His mother took him out of school.
(d) His father died.
3. Why is John feeling humiliated?
(a) He was caught in an affair.
(b) He was arrested for money laundering.
(c) He was exposed as a phony.
(d) He lost by a landslide.
4. What imagery does O'Brien use to convey the scene of John's anger and Kathy's reaction to it?
(a) The sound of water splashing.
(b) The comparison of John's pain to electric eels.
(c) The scent of wet wool.
(d) The sound of screaming.
5. What does Arthur Lux want to talk to Patricia for?
(a) Background information.
(b) Clues to where Kathy might be.
(c) Incriminating evidence against John.
(d) Helping him look for Kathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John wonder about after Kathy has gone missing?
2. What was John's relationship with his father like?
3. Who does John call after talking with Claude Rasmussen?
4. What did John's father call him when he (John) was in eighth grade?
5. What does John remember about the night of the boiling plants after Arthur Lux and Vinny Pearson leave?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)