|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is John feeling humiliated?
(a) He was arrested for money laundering.
(b) He was exposed as a phony.
(c) He lost by a landslide.
(d) He was caught in an affair.
2. What does Arthur Lux say about Kathy?
(a) That she will turn up one day.
(b) That he did everything he could to find her.
(c) That she is probably fine.
(d) That she is probably dead.
3. What has just taken place when In the Lake of the Woods begins?
(a) A murder.
(b) A massacre.
(c) Primary elections.
(d) A birth.
4. Who is John Wade?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A politician.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A fisherman.
5. Why is it impossible for John and Kathy to do the things they dream about doing?
(a) John is drinking too much.
(b) They are in debt.
(c) They are fleeing from the authorities.
(d) Kathy is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cost John the victory in the election?
2. How would you describe Eleanor Wade's contributions to Chapter 2?
3. How does John describe his memory of the night of the boiling water?
4. How many times did John wake up during the night in Chapter 8?
5. What does Kathy suspect John of when he joins the military?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)