|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Kathy?
(a) Five eight.
(b) Five six.
(c) Five two.
(d) Five four.
2. What cost John the victory in the election?
(b) Criminal charges.
(c) A surprise revelation.
(d) A sexual harassment complaint.
3. What did John do in the middle of the night?
(a) Pours boiling water on his pictures.
(b) Pours boiling water on Kathy's face.
(c) Pours boiling water on his hands.
(d) Pours boiling water on the houseplants.
4. What does John notice the morning after the night of the boiling plants?
(a) The smell of ammonia.
(b) The open door.
(c) Blood stains on the counter.
(d) Animal sounds.
5. What does John do the morning after the night of the boiling plants?
(a) Goes for a hike.
(b) Takes the boat out.
(c) Sleeps in.
(d) Writes Kathy a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would you describe Eleanor Wade's contributions to Chapter 2?
2. Why is John feeling humiliated?
3. What does John tell Kathy about in his letters from Vietnam?
4. When did John and Kathy know that the election was lost?
5. How does John describe his memory of the night of the boiling water?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)