|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arthur Lux say John might counter some of the rumors about his role in Kathy's disappearance?
(a) By staying near the phone.
(b) By bringing his people from St. Paul.
(c) By calling in more searchers.
(d) By searching on the lake.
2. What does John remember from the night of the boiling water?
(a) Admitting his crime in Vietnam.
(b) Pouring boiling water on himself.
(c) Kathy not being in bed.
(d) Killing Kathy.
3. What does Kathy say in the letter John gets in Chapter 13, "The Nature of the Beast"?
(a) That she is waiting for him.
(b) That she met someone else.
(c) That she needs freedom from him.
(d) That she wants to get married.
4. What happened when the 'secrets' were released before the election?
(a) John's family disowned him.
(b) Kathy abandoned him.
(c) Supporters rallied around him.
(d) Friends stole away.
5. When do we discover that Kathy is missing?
(a) When the sheriff shows up at John and Kathy's cabin.
(b) When Wade describes pouring boiling water on the plants.
(c) When Wade wakes up.
(d) When Vinny Pearson says that he thinks Wade killed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul Meadlo admit to when he is questioned?
2. How did John cope with the event that took place when he was 14?
3. When is Chapter 8, "How the Night Passed", set?
4. What happened to soldier Weatherby?
5. How does John describe his memory of the night of the boiling water?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)