|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cost John the victory in the election?
(a) A surprise revelation.
(b) A sexual harassment complaint.
(d) Criminal charges.
2. How does John respond to the clerk's evidence?
(a) He says that Kathy had never threatened to leave him.
(b) He says that Kathy was playful, and acted in college.
(c) He says that he and Kathy had a rough sense of humor.
(d) He says the fight was nothing.
3. What does John do the morning after the night of the boiling plants?
(a) Writes Kathy a letter.
(b) Goes for a hike.
(c) Sleeps in.
(d) Takes the boat out.
4. How many times did John wake up during the night in Chapter 8?
(a) He never went to sleep.
(b) He didn't wake up till morning.
(c) Three times.
5. How does the narrator describe the campaigns Tony Carbo ran for John?
(d) Slick, expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to soldier Weatherby?
2. Where do John and Kathy go immediately after the concession speech?
3. Where was Kathy when John made his concession speech on election night?
4. What happens right before John's platoon is ordered back to Thuan Yen?
5. What was Kathy's bid secret?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)