|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John and Kathy know that the election was lost?
(a) Three days after the election.
(b) Election night.
(c) Six weeks after the election, when the last appeal was turned down.
(d) Weeks before election night.
2. What does William Calley say when he is questioned?
(a) He says that the enemy had militarized civilians.
(b) He says that the captain had inculcated an atmosphere of reckless hostility that led to the massacre.
(c) He says that the outfit was under enormous strain, and attributes the massacre to collective madness.
(d) He says that all villagers were considered enemies.
3. What is John's hypothesis in Chapter 9 "Hypothesis"?
(a) That Kathy went to get help for him and was injured along the way.
(b) That he killed Kathy.
(c) That someone killed Kathy.
(d) That Kathy just walked away from the cabin.
4. What was John's relationship with his father like?
5. How does John describe his memory of the night of the boiling water?
(c) Crystal clear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John's childhood hobby?
2. What do PFC Thinbill and John agree to do the night after the massacre?
3. What happened when John showed up where Kathy and Tony Carbo were gambling?
4. What does Calley order the men to do?
5. How does John describe the scene he encountered after reading Kathy's letter?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)