|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kathy say in the letter John gets in Chapter 13, "The Nature of the Beast"?
(a) That she needs freedom from him.
(b) That she met someone else.
(c) That she wants to get married.
(d) That she is waiting for him.
2. What was John's nickname in Vietnam?
3. What does Calley say about the massacre?
(a) That the guilty shouldn't cast stones.
(b) That there aren't any innocents in a war zone.
(c) That killing is a national process.
(d) That in the scheme of things their actions were meaningless.
4. Where are the soldiers from John's outfit being questioned in Chapter 16, "Evidence"?
(a) In a court martial hearing.
(b) In a Congressional investigation.
(c) In a newspaper article.
(d) In an investigation into Kathy's disappearance.
5. What happened when the 'secrets' were released before the election?
(a) Friends stole away.
(b) Kathy abandoned him.
(c) Supporters rallied around him.
(d) John's family disowned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John remember about the night of the boiling plants after Arthur Lux and Vinny Pearson leave?
2. What does Kathy say when Tony Carbo says that John likes to stack the deck?
3. What shape does John's awareness of his action take?
4. Where do John and Kathy go immediately after the concession speech?
5. What does Tony Carbo say in response to John's question?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)