1. When does In the Lake of the Woods begin?
2. What has just taken place when In the Lake of the Woods begins?
(a) A massacre.
(b) A birth.
(c) A murder.
(d) Primary elections.
3. Who is John Wade?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A politician.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A fisherman.
4. Who is Kathy?
(a) John's friend.
(b) John's daughter.
(c) John's wife.
(d) John's campaign manager.
5. Why is it impossible for John and Kathy to do the things they dream about doing?
(a) They are in debt.
(b) Kathy is ill.
(c) John is drinking too much.
(d) They are fleeing from the authorities.
6. How do John and Kathy deal with the fact that their dreams are impossible for the moment?
(a) They are brutal with each other, trading accusations and insults.
(b) They are careful about bringing up the topic gently.
(c) They don't talk about it.
(d) They lament it again and again.
7. Why is John feeling humiliated?
(a) He was caught in an affair.
(b) He was arrested for money laundering.
(c) He was exposed as a phony.
(d) He lost by a landslide.
This section contains 5,230 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)