1 through 7
1. When does In the Lake of the Woods begin?
2. What has just taken place when In the Lake of the Woods begins?
(a) A massacre.
(b) A murder.
(c) A birth.
(d) Primary elections.
3. Who is John Wade?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A politician.
(d) A fisherman.
4. Who is Kathy?
(a) John's wife.
(b) John's friend.
(c) John's campaign manager.
(d) John's daughter.
5. Why is it impossible for John and Kathy to do the things they dream about doing?
(a) They are fleeing from the authorities.
(b) They are in debt.
(c) John is drinking too much.
(d) Kathy is ill.
6. How do John and Kathy deal with the fact that their dreams are impossible for the moment?
(a) They don't talk about it.
(b) They are brutal with each other, trading accusations and insults.
(c) They lament it again and again.
(d) They are careful about bringing up the topic gently.
7. Why is John feeling humiliated?
(a) He was exposed as a phony.
(b) He lost by a landslide.
(c) He was arrested for money laundering.
(d) He was caught in an affair.
This section contains 5,230 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)