|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gail think of the nurse who is muttering down at the end of the bed? She's her _______________.
2. What does Gail decide to do before heading into third period study hall?
3. What does the nurse utter under her breath about the police who were trying to question Gail?
4. What does Gail want Alison to hand over to her the next day when she was at her locker?
5. Phil says that he thinks Gail is more of the _________ type, and asks her if she is.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Gail's mother written to Aunt Viola, the wealthy aunt of Mrs. Obsurne?
2. Why can't Steve talk to Gail when she needs to talk to him in order to settle her nerves?
3. What is Gail's response to Phil's first question to her at the door?
4. What does Gail say when the medical personnel want to give her more sedatives?
5. What did Alison ignore because she was so focused on the reaction of Gail to the new note?
6. What does Gail realize about the room that she is laying in after everyone leaves the room?
7. What does Gail decide to do as she is afraid the phone is going to ring while she is babysitting?
8. How does Phil get Gail to lay on the ground in the house where she is babysitting.
9. What does the doctor give to Gail in order to help calm her down as he performs a pelvic exam?
10. What does Ted explain to Gail would happen if they brought her case to trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gail continues to be given Valium in order to keep her sedated after her attack.
Part 1: Why do you think Gail is given so many sedatives after her attack?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea to keep a victim sedated after their attack? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think Gail might have reacted after the attack if she hadn't been sedated? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The police tell Gail that in accusing Phil that she is just asking for trouble for herself.
Part 1: Why do you think the police don't react in a more unbiased manner?
Part 2: How would Gail's accusation about Phil cause her any trouble?
Part 3: What might your reaction have been if you knew your rapist and the police told you that you were just asking for trouble?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Gail and Mrs. Osburne sounds like any other relationship a teenager might have with his/her parent.
Part 1: Why do you think teens have such a difficult time getting along with their parents?
Part 2: Why do you think teenage girls and their mothers tend to have more difficulties in their relationship?
Part 3: Do you think Gail and Mrs. Osburne are being reasonable in their conversation with each other? Why or why not?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)