|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the standard procedure for getting an appointment with a counselor?
2. What does Gail tell her mother to do about Aunt Viola and the letter?
3. When Mr. Sampson points out that most boys are just talk, Gail questions why she has to ___________.
4. Phil explains that the phone calls he made were just to _______________.
5. Dr. Reynolds points out that the ____________ is not going to get involved in the arrest.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gail hear when she wakes up in the hospital after her attack?
2. What do Steve and Gail decide to do when they find out that the library is closed?
3. What does Gail say when her mother begins to talk about sending Gail to a boarding school?
4. What does Ted tell Gail about pursuing Phil in court for his actions toward her?
5. What is Gail's response to Phil's first question to her at the door?
6. Instead of showing a live performance during the Arts Assembly, what did the students get to watch?
7. What does Gail decide to do as she is afraid the phone is going to ring while she is babysitting?
8. What happened when Gail first decided to go to a counselor to talk about her problem?
9. What does Alison do when Gail is with Miss Venable?
10. What does Madam share with Gail when she is over visiting with Gail and Gail's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gail's mother has a strong reaction to Gail's statement that she would have an abortion if she was pregnant from the rape.
Part 1: Why do you think Gail is so set about the idea of getting an abortion if she becomes pregnant?
Part 2: Why do you think Gail's mother is against the idea of abortion in this case?
Part 3: Do you think a women who is raped and becomes pregnant should keep the baby? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Gail and Steve fight with each other about her teacher and about the time that Gail spends on this teacher.
Part 1: Why do you think Steve believes Gail is wasting her time with this teacher?
Part 2: Do you agree with Steve? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think couples should fight? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gail finds out that her father is unemployed and that he has been keeping that a secret for a while.
Part 1: Why do you think Gail's mother and father kept the fact that her father was unemployed a secret?
Part 2: Do you think the unemployment should have been kept a secret? Why or why not?
Part 3: What does it say about Gail's family that they keep a secret like that from her? What has Gail probably learning about secrets?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)