|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the townie creeps that wore boots and had Hondas with no place to go?
2. It was a new experience for Gail, the commuter train at ___________.
3. Who answers the door at the Lawver residence when Steve and Gail arrive at the house?
4. Who is Gail swimming with when the scene is described in the first chapter?
5. Who knew about the creepy note that Gail received in her locker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gail's mother do just moments before Gail's father walks in the door after work?
2. What did Gail notice when she looked back at the shore after jumping in the water and swimming out to Steve?
3. What does Gail find in her locker after she and Alison go back to their lockers?
4. What is the memory that Gail recalls as she goes to open up her locker at school?
5. What is Gail trying to do as the chapter begins and she is babysitting at Mrs. Montgomery's house?
6. What happens when Steve and Gail get to the Lawver residence for the dinner party?
7. After her teacher reads a poem out loud, what does Gail say out loud, even though she thought it was just in her mind?
8. What are Steve and Gail arguing about when they are sitting together at lunch?
9. What do Alison and Gail do after school lets out for the day?
10. What happens when the teacher calls Gail up to the board to solve a problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alison and Gail's relationship is strained as a result of the rape.
Part 1: Why do you think Alison and Gail's relationship has changed after the rape?
Part 2: Do you think Alison knew that Phil was the rapist and the stalker? Why or why not?
Part 3: What would you do if your friend was dating your rapist? Could you be friends with that person anymore?
Essay Topic 2
Gail is noticeably affected by the actions of the stalker, even causing her to have troubles in school.
Part 1: Why do you think Gail is affected so strongly by the actions of the stalker?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if you were being stalked?
Part 3: What do you think Gail should have done if she was having troubles with a stalker?
Essay Topic 3
Gail is told that she might be painted as being 'immoral' in the case, which will weaken her defense.
Part 1: Why do you think Gail's morality might be called into question?
Part 2: Do you think that women who are immoral are more likely to be raped? Why or why not?
Part 3: Is it ever the rape victim's fault that they were raped? Why or why not?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)