|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the organization that Gail visited just after her sixteenth birthday?
2. Where was Gail's mom suddenly going to take an evening class on the Wednesday?
3. Who knew about the creepy note that Gail received in her locker?
4. How do Steve and Gail get to the Lawver residence when they leave for the occasion?
5. How old is the older child of Mrs. Montgomery who Gail describes as being hyperactive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gail do in response to the cooler weather at the opening of this particular chapter?
2. What does Mrs. Montgomery do on Saturday nights that she needs to have Gail come over to babysit?
3. What are Steve and Gail arguing about when they are sitting together at lunch?
4. When Gail goes down to the bottom of the stairs to wait for Steve, what does this say about his relationship with her family?
5. What is the memory that Gail recalls as she goes to open up her locker at school?
6. What happens when Steve and Gail get to the Lawver residence for the dinner party?
7. What were Gail and her mother arguing about at the start of this chapter of the book?
8. What happens when the teacher calls Gail up to the board to solve a problem?
9. What did Gail's mother ask her when she arrived back home and went into Gail's bedroom?
10. What else does Gail find in her locker a few weeks after the initial note she received from Steve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Gail goes to the counselor to get help for her problems, she is not taken seriously.
Part 1: Why do you think Gail waits so long to try to get help from an adult?
Part 2: Why do you think the counselor doesn't take Gail seriously at first?
Part 3: How do you think you would have reacted if you went to get help and were not taken seriously? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Gail did not think the love poem was meant for her when she received it as it was her friend that always seemed to get the attention of boys.
Part 1: Why do you think Gail doesn't believe she is someone who the boys might like?
Part 2: How would you react if you received a love poem in your locker or in an email? Why?
Part 3: Why do you think Steve decided to send a note instead of just taking to Gail? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Gail and Steve fight with each other about her teacher and about the time that Gail spends on this teacher.
Part 1: Why do you think Steve believes Gail is wasting her time with this teacher?
Part 2: Do you agree with Steve? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think couples should fight? Why or why not?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)