|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse utter under her breath about the police who were trying to question Gail?
(a) Tin badge creep.
(b) Crazy men.
(c) Insensitive fools.
(d) Stupid pigs.
2. What does Gail think of the nurse who is muttering down at the end of the bed? She's her _______________.
(b) Sweet aunt.
(c) Guardian angel.
3. What is the doctor looking for during the examination of Gail when the nurse is there too?
(a) The name of her attacker.
(b) Sperm as a sign of intercourse.
(c) Mental stability.
4. Gail has decided that she doesn't want anything to do with ____________ for the rest of her life, making her a peculiar mother.
5. Gail asks her father if he is putting _______________ on that window for her protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the mirror in Gail's bedroom seem to reflect back to her at every turn?
2. Miss Venable calls the note __________ and that it's not just child nastiness, that it's deeply disturbed.
3. Where does Aunt Viola live, according to Gail's mother when she talks about her?
4. Gail says that she suspects that __________ doesn't need them, even though Alison disagrees.
5. What does Phil say that makes Gail realize what he has been doing the past few weeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor give to Gail in order to help calm her down as he performs a pelvic exam?
2. What does Phil say that makes Gail realize that he was the one on the phone the entire time?
3. What does Gail say when the medical personnel want to give her more sedatives?
4. What do Steve and Gail decide to do when they find out that the library is closed?
5. What does Gail realize about the room that she is laying in after everyone leaves the room?
6. How does Phil get Gail to lay on the ground in the house where she is babysitting.
7. Why is Gail's father always at home in the days after her attack and subsequent hospitalization?
8. What happened when Gail first decided to go to a counselor to talk about her problem?
9. What does Mrs. Montgomery give to Gail after telling her that she didn't need her to babysit anymore?
10. What did Alison ignore because she was so focused on the reaction of Gail to the new note?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)