|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which television show does Gail quote as being a bit of an authority on going back into battle after an accident?
(a) Emergency Room.
(d) Chicago Hope.
2. What does Phil want to do when he walks into the house where Gail is babysitting?
(a) Ask her about some homework.
(b) Watch a movie with Gail.
(c) Use the phone to call Alison.
(d) Call Steve.
3. Who does Madam reveal to be as silent as a clam about the rumors surrounding Gail's situation?
4. What does Gail believe her interest in the opposite sex was at?
(a) High ebb.
(c) Permanently low ebb.
(d) Very high.
5. Where does Phil hit Gail which causes her to be unconscious at the end of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was running late when Gail was trying to go out with Steve to talk to him?
2. What does Gail says is happening to them as they're driving along the country roads?
3. What does Gail tell her mother to do about Aunt Viola and the letter?
4. What does Phil say that makes Gail realize what he has been doing the past few weeks?
5. What kind of doctor comes into the room after the ER doctor talks to Gail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Steve and Gail decide to leave the ice cream shop after a little while?
2. What does Gail say when her mother begins to talk about sending Gail to a boarding school?
3. Instead of showing a live performance during the Arts Assembly, what did the students get to watch?
4. What does Gail hear when she wakes up in the hospital after her attack?
5. What does the doctor give to Gail in order to help calm her down as he performs a pelvic exam?
6. Why is Gail's father always at home in the days after her attack and subsequent hospitalization?
7. What happened when Gail first decided to go to a counselor to talk about her problem?
8. Why does Gail begin to scream hysterically to get everyone out of the room?
9. What did Alison ignore because she was so focused on the reaction of Gail to the new note?
10. What does Phil want from Gail when she first sees him at the door?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)