|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gail's mother want Gail to do starting during the winter quarter?
(a) Go back to regular school.
(b) Move in with Aunt Viola.
(c) Go to a boarding school.
(d) Move to Chicago.
2. What kind of flowers were delivered to Gail from the most expensive florist in town?
3. What does the nurse utter under her breath about the police who were trying to question Gail?
(a) Stupid pigs.
(b) Insensitive fools.
(c) Tin badge creep.
(d) Crazy men.
4. What does Gail ask when Miss Venable asks them if they have appointments?
(a) Are you kidding?
(b) You're a pain.
(d) Are you a doctor?
5. Gail has decided that she doesn't want anything to do with ____________ for the rest of her life, making her a peculiar mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve say that one of the Sweathogs' dad's is probably playing with his dad in the VFW?
2. Where does Gail's dad say that he is going to go as he grabs his keys one night?
3. Where does Phil hit Gail which causes her to be unconscious at the end of the chapter?
4. Who does Madam reveal to be as silent as a clam about the rumors surrounding Gail's situation?
5. The lawyer says that it's unlikely that Gail's case would ever be taken ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Montgomery give to Gail after telling her that she didn't need her to babysit anymore?
2. What does Phil want from Gail when she first sees him at the door?
3. What does Gail say when her mother begins to talk about sending Gail to a boarding school?
4. What does Alison do when Gail is with Miss Venable?
5. What does Gail say when the medical personnel want to give her more sedatives?
6. What is Gail's reaction to her father's statement that she should not go anywhere looking like she does?
7. How does Phil get Gail to lay on the ground in the house where she is babysitting.
8. Instead of showing a live performance during the Arts Assembly, what did the students get to watch?
9. What happens when Steve and Gail decide to leave the ice cream shop after a little while?
10. What does Madam share with Gail when she is over visiting with Gail and Gail's mother?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)