|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Gail begin to feel uneasy as she was babysitting the girls that night?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery's warning.
(b) A scary movie.
(c) A knock at the door.
(d) A phone call.
2. Who startles Gail when she's at her locker after English class, causing her to spill her books?
3. How long was Gail's father not working in the office, according to the receptionist?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
4. What is Gail going to the Lawver residence for when this chapter begins?
(c) Date with Phil.
5. Where did Gail decide to take a train to the next day in order to avoid school?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many windows does Gail discover are on her house because she checked and locked them all?
2. What was Steve's reputation in school, according to Gail's observations?
3. Steve wants to know why Gail is wasting her time on a "________" course like drama.
4. Where was Gail standing so long that she was late to English class as a result?
5. Who was the author of the poem that Mr. Bauman read in class, "Strange Fits of Passion I Have Known"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Alison and Gail do after school lets out for the day?
2. Why is Gail suddenly left home alone during this chapter, and she is a wreck because of it?
3. After her teacher reads a poem out loud, what does Gail say out loud, even though she thought it was just in her mind?
4. Why does Gail become startled when Mrs. Montgomery arrives back at the house that night?
5. How does Gail lessen the tension in the argument that she and Steve have at lunch?
6. What did Gail's mother ask her when she arrived back home and went into Gail's bedroom?
7. When Gail is crying at home, what does she lead her mother to believe she is crying about?
8. What happens when Steve and Gail get to the Lawver residence for the dinner party?
9. What does Gail find in her locker after she and Alison go back to their lockers?
10. When Gail goes down to the bottom of the stairs to wait for Steve, what does this say about his relationship with her family?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)