|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many windows does Gail discover are on her house because she checked and locked them all?
2. Gail recalls ___________'s question about whether she would find Steve interesting if he were from a similar background.
(a) Mr. Lawver.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Mrs. Lawver.
(d) Her father.
3. Who was the author of the poem that Mr. Bauman read in class, "Strange Fits of Passion I Have Known"?
4. The white spire of the ___________ church pointed to a dark blue sky, according to Gail's descriptions.
5. What was Steve's reputation in school, according to Gail's observations?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gail call in order to make her feel less scared about being by herself?
2. Who is already in the lake when Gail decides to jump in to join him/her?
3. Gail points out that at Exeter Academy, squash is nearly a _________ to the school.
4. Who knew about the creepy note that Gail received in her locker?
5. Gail actually feels that she owes Mrs. Montgomery a _________ because the kids are already fed and in bed when she arrives.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Gail is crying at home, what does she lead her mother to believe she is crying about?
2. What does Gail find in her locker after she and Alison go back to their lockers?
3. What does Gail find out about her father when she arrives at his office in the city?
4. What is Gail trying to do as the chapter begins and she is babysitting at Mrs. Montgomery's house?
5. After her teacher reads a poem out loud, what does Gail say out loud, even though she thought it was just in her mind?
6. What is the memory that Gail recalls as she goes to open up her locker at school?
7. How does Gail lessen the tension in the argument that she and Steve have at lunch?
8. Who decided to go for a swim in Powdermill Lake at the start of the story?
9. Why was the couple still able to go swimming in Powdermill Lake at the start of the story?
10. Why was Gail feeling worried as she swam out in the water with Steve at the start of the book?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)