|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Gail begin to feel uneasy as she was babysitting the girls that night?
(a) A scary movie.
(b) A knock at the door.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery's warning.
(d) A phone call.
2. Mrs. Montgomery has a sign on her fridge which says, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the _______."
3. The white spire of the ___________ church pointed to a dark blue sky, according to Gail's descriptions.
4. Gail's mom told Gail in the same tone she used with her friends, "I just felt I had to have a _______ this evening for some reason."
5. Who is already in the lake when Gail decides to jump in to join him/her?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Gail think would be able to help her in some way though she wasn't sure how?
2. Where was Gail standing so long that she was late to English class as a result?
3. What was Steve's reputation in school, according to Gail's observations?
4. What class does Gail doubt she even qualifies for, even though Steve is in it?
5. Steve wants to know why Gail is wasting her time on a "________" course like drama.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the memory that Gail recalls as she goes to open up her locker at school?
2. What happens when Steve and Gail get to the Lawver residence for the dinner party?
3. What are Steve and Gail arguing about when they are sitting together at lunch?
4. What does Gail do in response to the cooler weather at the opening of this particular chapter?
5. Why does Gail become startled when Mrs. Montgomery arrives back at the house that night?
6. How does Gail lessen the tension in the argument that she and Steve have at lunch?
7. After her teacher reads a poem out loud, what does Gail say out loud, even though she thought it was just in her mind?
8. What does Gail decide to do the next day instead of going to school?
9. Why was the couple still able to go swimming in Powdermill Lake at the start of the story?
10. What did Gail notice when she looked back at the shore after jumping in the water and swimming out to Steve?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)