|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Sweathogs who came into the ice cream parlor smell like, according to Gail?
2. What does Gail remember about the doctor she sees from Planned Parenthood?
(a) Warm smile.
(b) Chatty personality.
(c) Cold hands.
(d) Red hair.
3. In her mind, Gail tells her father to stop looking so _______________ when she looks at him.
4. What does Gail reach for in order to hit Phil and to defend herself against him?
(a) A piece of wood.
(c) A bottle.
(d) Her purse.
5. The lawyer says that it's unlikely that Gail's case would ever be taken ____________.
(a) By a lawyer.
(b) In public.
(c) Into consideration.
(d) To court.
6. What does Gail call the ER doctor once she realizes she has already forgotten his name?
(a) Dr. X.
(b) Dr. ER.
(c) Dr. Nobody.
(d) Dr. M.
7. Ted points out to Gail, "____________ was your father's word. Think about what you want first of all."
8. Miss Venable calls the note __________ and that it's not just child nastiness, that it's deeply disturbed.
9. What grade is it revealed that Gail is in when she's talking with Miss Venable?
10. What does Phil say that makes Gail realize what he has been doing the past few weeks?
(a) You know that you want this.
(b) You want me.
(c) Are you in the house alone?
(d) Are you ready for me?
11. What does Gail's mother want Gail to do starting during the winter quarter?
(a) Go back to regular school.
(b) Go to a boarding school.
(c) Move to Chicago.
(d) Move in with Aunt Viola.
12. Gail is feeling like a lab specimen with the miraculous gift of _____________.
13. Who was a loud ringleader of the Sweathogs at the shop where Gail and Steve are?
(a) Reginald Darcy.
(b) LaVerne Shull.
(c) Phil Lawver.
(d) LaTonya Trist.
14. The note is kept in one of Gail's books, "Fifty Great ___________ for Student Actors."
15. Who was running late when Gail was trying to go out with Steve to talk to him?
(a) Gail's dad.
(d) Gail's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gail ask when Miss Venable asks them if they have appointments?
2. Who was feeling guilty about what happened to Gail that terrible night?
3. What does Gail think she hears when she finally wakes up in the hospital a short time later?
4. Phil says that he thinks Gail is more of the _________ type, and asks her if she is.
5. What does Phil discover that Gail is not wearing, though Alison always does?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)