|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the doctor looking for during the examination of Gail when the nurse is there too?
(b) Sperm as a sign of intercourse.
(c) The name of her attacker.
(d) Mental stability.
2. Gail decides that she does not want her meals __________ anymore.
(a) Out of the house.
(b) On trays.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) With her parents.
3. Where does Gail's dad say that he is going to go as he grabs his keys one night?
(a) The Lawvers'.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery's house.
(c) The school.
(d) The police.
4. What does Gail's mother want Gail to do starting during the winter quarter?
(a) Move in with Aunt Viola.
(b) Go back to regular school.
(c) Move to Chicago.
(d) Go to a boarding school.
5. What kind of doctor comes into the room after the ER doctor talks to Gail?
(a) Cancer specialist.
6. What does Gail not want the doctors to do to her as she is lying in bed?
(a) Keep her overnight.
(b) Give her another shot of Valium.
(c) Let her parents see her.
(d) Talk to her.
7. What does Gail think she hears when she finally wakes up in the hospital a short time later?
(a) A man crying.
(b) Alison crying.
(c) Phil laughing.
(d) Steve sighing.
8. What does Madam request as a beverage from Gail's mother when offered?
(c) Tea with lemon.
(d) Diet Rite.
9. Who does Phil say he wants to see when he comes over to the house when Gail is there?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) No one.
10. What did the mirror in Gail's bedroom seem to reflect back to her at every turn?
(a) The Lawver house.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery's house.
(d) Railroad tracks.
11. What does Gail reach for in order to hit Phil and to defend herself against him?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) Her purse.
12. What does Gail remember about the doctor she sees from Planned Parenthood?
(a) Cold hands.
(b) Chatty personality.
(c) Red hair.
(d) Warm smile.
13. What does Gail tell her mother to do about Aunt Viola and the letter?
(a) Talk to her father first.
(b) Tell Aunt Viola to ignore the letter.
(c) Don't send the letter.
(d) Send the letter.
14. What does Gail call the ER doctor once she realizes she has already forgotten his name?
(a) Dr. ER.
(b) Dr. Nobody.
(c) Dr. X.
(d) Dr. M.
15. Where does Steve suggest they go once the library is no longer an option?
(a) The downtown library.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) His house.
(d) The lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Aunt Viola usually send to Gail on her birthday each year?
2. The rumors say that Gail was set upon by a ___________ who thrashed her to an inch of her life.
3. Where does Phil hit Gail which causes her to be unconscious at the end of the chapter?
4. Who does Miss Venable call to come and help her with Gail's problem?
5. What did Steve have a paper due on that made it nearly impossible for Gail to coax him out of his house?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)