|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drink did Gail know would always be available in the fridge at Mrs. Montgomery's?
(a) Mr. Pibb.
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Diet Rite.
(d) Diet Coke.
2. How do Steve and Gail get to the Lawver residence when they leave for the occasion?
3. Gail tries to match her mother's mildly bored, all-knowing __________ tone as they are speaking with each other.
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) New York.
4. What made Gail begin to feel uneasy as she was babysitting the girls that night?
(a) A knock at the door.
(b) A scary movie.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery's warning.
(d) A phone call.
5. What is the name of the organization that Gail visited just after her sixteenth birthday?
(a) Arts Cooperative.
(b) Peace Corps.
(c) Red Cross.
(d) Planned Parenthood.
6. Where did Gail go to answer the phone when it began to ring again and again?
(a) Her parents' room.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The hallway.
7. Gail received a note in her locker some time back which read: "I'll weave white _______ into your hair."
8. Who is already in the lake when Gail decides to jump in to join him/her?
(c) No one.
9. What color is the necklace that Gail is lovingly fingering during this chapter?
10. What was powerful to the north of the lake as Gail goes for the swim at night?
11. What is the movie that's on the TV as Gail is babysitting at Mrs. Montgomery's house?
(a) The Treasure of Sierra Madre.
(c) I Wake Up Screaming.
(d) The Shining.
12. Gail's mom told Gail in the same tone she used with her friends, "I just felt I had to have a _______ this evening for some reason."
13. How much would Gail's babysitting rate increase when the clock hit midnight?
(a) 75 cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) It wouldn't.
(d) 50 cents.
14. How long was Gail's father not working in the office, according to the receptionist?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
15. What kind of dinner napkins are on the Lawvers' table for the meal they are all sharing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gail actually find the quote that she throws at Steve as they are arguing with each other?
2. Alison admits that she thinks Phil is a New England _________ which leads her to think about other guys often.
3. What does Gail's mother not want her to do when they are gone for the evening?
4. Steve wants to know why Gail is wasting her time on a "________" course like drama.
5. What does Gail's mother want to ask if she and Steve have done together?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)