|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month of the year is it when Gail goes swimming in the lake?
2. The whole point at Oakfield Village was to play the social game by the ____________.
3. Gail notices a big ____________ of rocks that is jutting out of the earth.
4. What falls onto the lake as Gail is swimming in the lake at the start of the book?
5. What does Gail's mother not want her to do when they are gone for the evening?
(a) Watch TV.
(c) Go to bed early.
(d) Have friends over.
6. Where did Gail decide to take a train to the next day in order to avoid school?
(d) New York.
7. Who honked at the door at the start of this chapter, announcing his/her arrival?
(d) Gail's dad.
8. Gail recognizes her father by the tie he's wearing that has a ___________ on it.
(a) Gold stripe.
(b) Blue dot.
(c) Paisley print.
(d) Green leaf.
9. What has the weather been like that it allows the students the chance to go for a swim at night?
10. What sport does Phil play that Alison wants the entire group to watch as the team takes on Exeter?
11. ________ wonders if anyone is watching her as she swims in the lake at the start of the book.
12. How much would Gail's babysitting rate increase when the clock hit midnight?
(a) It wouldn't.
(b) 75 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) One dollar.
13. Gail tries to match her mother's mildly bored, all-knowing __________ tone as they are speaking with each other.
(a) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
14. Who is already in the lake when Gail decides to jump in to join him/her?
(b) No one.
15. What is the name of the organization that Gail visited just after her sixteenth birthday?
(a) Arts Cooperative.
(b) Planned Parenthood.
(c) Peace Corps.
(d) Red Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author of the poem that Mr. Bauman read in class, "Strange Fits of Passion I Have Known"?
2. Mrs. Montgomery belongs to the Previously __________ Club, which is where she goes when Gail babysits.
3. Gail's mother often changed into a neat _________ outfit before Gail's father came home from work.
4. Who did Gail think would be able to help her in some way though she wasn't sure how?
5. In what class did Gail have trouble answering the easiest problem from the homework the night before when at the board?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)