|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Harry in the movie that Gail has already seen before?
(a) Switchboard operator.
(c) Ad salesman.
2. Gail received a note in her locker some time back which read: "I'll weave white _______ into your hair."
3. In what class did Gail have trouble answering the easiest problem from the homework the night before when at the board?
4. What does the receptionist tell Gail that her father would have taken if he'd found a new job?
(a) His severance package.
(b) His coffee mug.
(c) His drafting board.
(d) His pictures.
5. Mrs. Montgomery belongs to the Previously __________ Club, which is where she goes when Gail babysits.
6. Who startles Gail when she's at her locker after English class, causing her to spill her books?
7. Gail's mom told Gail in the same tone she used with her friends, "I just felt I had to have a _______ this evening for some reason."
8. Gail's mother often changed into a neat _________ outfit before Gail's father came home from work.
9. Where did Gail decide to take a train to the next day in order to avoid school?
(d) New York.
10. What was Steve's reputation in school, according to Gail's observations?
11. Steve doesn't want Gail to fall in with __________ as she goes on with her life.
(b) The drama geeks.
12. Gail recognizes her father by the tie he's wearing that has a ___________ on it.
(a) Green leaf.
(b) Blue dot.
(c) Paisley print.
(d) Gold stripe.
13. Whose house was the last house before the Village Center, according to Gail?
14. Gail was beginning to ask herself which of the men she saw was the _________ one.
15. Who mirrors Mrs. Lawver's mannerisms as they are all sitting at the table together?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, Gail decides to wear a __________ outfit for her event at the Lawver house.
2. What was powerful to the north of the lake as Gail goes for the swim at night?
3. ________ wonders if anyone is watching her as she swims in the lake at the start of the book.
4. What has the weather been like that it allows the students the chance to go for a swim at night?
5. Gail points out that at Exeter Academy, squash is nearly a _________ to the school.
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)