|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gail received a note in her locker some time back which read: "I'll weave white _______ into your hair."
2. What did Alison do as soon as she and Gail walked out onto the campus after the match?
(a) Scream at Phil.
(c) Drink some booze.
(d) Kiss Phil.
3. Who did Gail's mother think was responsible for Gail's crying episode at the beginning of the chapter?
4. What kind of flowers have been placed in the middle of the table at the Lawvers' house?
5. How do Steve and Gail get to the Lawver residence when they leave for the occasion?
6. Where does Steve say he has to go before fifth period, offering Alison his seat as he leaves?
(b) Chem lab.
(c) The library.
(d) To a tutoring session.
7. Who does Gail call in order to make her feel less scared about being by herself?
(c) Her mom.
8. What does Gail's mother want to ask if she and Steve have done together?
(a) Gotten married.
(c) Had sex.
(d) Gone swimming.
9. Gail points out that at Exeter Academy, squash is nearly a _________ to the school.
10. What is the profession of Harry in the movie that Gail has already seen before?
(b) Switchboard operator.
(d) Ad salesman.
11. Gail notices a big ____________ of rocks that is jutting out of the earth.
12. Where might a person stand in order to watch two people swim in the lake?
(a) Watchtower rock.
(b) The water.
(c) Behind the tree.
(d) The shore.
13. Gail tries to match her mother's mildly bored, all-knowing __________ tone as they are speaking with each other.
(b) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
14. Where did Gail go to answer the phone when it began to ring again and again?
(a) Her parents' room.
(b) The hallway.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
15. Gail recalls ___________'s question about whether she would find Steve interesting if he were from a similar background.
(a) Mrs. Lawver.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Lawver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author of the poem that Mr. Bauman read in class, "Strange Fits of Passion I Have Known"?
2. In what class did Gail have trouble answering the easiest problem from the homework the night before when at the board?
3. What is Gail going to the Lawver residence for when this chapter begins?
4. Where did Gail decide to take a train to the next day in order to avoid school?
5. Who is already in the lake when Gail decides to jump in to join him/her?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)