Lesson 1 (from Prologue)
The innocence of youth is portrayed in the opening pages of this book, with a young couple enjoying a night swimming in the lake. Today's objective is to discuss the value of youth within a story and within one's life.
1. Have each student make a list of things they associate with youth.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think youthful love is more exciting to them than older, more mature love. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss the value of youth within a story. What is the value of youth within one's own life? Is it more or less valuable than the knowledge which comes from maturity?
4. Homework: Have students discuss whether they feel youthful. Why or why not?
5. Homework: Have students write about when they think their present youth is going to fade. At what age does...
This section contains 5,220 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)