|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crew on Chase's boat choose to do in order to deal with the unbearable heat in Chapter 8?
(a) Hang over the edge of the boat.
(b) Sit behind the sails to be in the shade.
(c) Drink more water.
(d) Build miniature fans in the boat.
2. What do the men do with Cole when he begins ranting incoherently?
(a) They throw him overboard.
(b) They knock him unconscious.
(c) They place him on a board.
(d) They attempt to reason with him.
3. What animals are used as food to help the crew stay alive in Chapter 9?
(a) Birds and crabs.
(b) Only crabs.
(c) Only birds.
(d) Neither birds nor crabs.
4. After being rescued by the Dauphin, how many captains join Pollard for dinner at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What type of exhibit is given to the Essex at the museum referenced in the Epilogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hendricks' boat on January 14?
2. How long is it after avoiding the Society Islands in fear of cannibalism that the crew resorts to it for survival?
3. When does Cole die?
4. When do Chase, Lawrence, and Nickerson arrive in Nantucket?
5. Who is in Pollard's boat towards the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)