|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far way is the sail when Lawrence sees it in Chapter 12?
(a) Seven miles.
(b) Nine miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Five miles.
2. How much evidence of favoritism is there by the Nantucketers in ensuring their survival?
(a) Very little.
(c) A substantial amount.
(d) A moderate amount.
3. On what night do Pollard's boat and Hendricks' boat become separated?
(a) January 29.
(b) February 1.
(c) January 28.
(d) February 2.
4. What day does Richard Peterson choose to die?
(a) January 18.
(b) January 19.
(c) January 20.
(d) January 17.
5. What happens to Hendricks' boat on January 14?
(a) It capsizes.
(b) It catches fire.
(c) It starts leaking.
(d) It runs out of provisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Chase before he dies?
2. Which one of the following is not something that Chase does in order to guard the provisions?
3. How much oil does Chase return with in 1836 on the Charles Carroll?
4. What do the men do with Cole when he begins ranting incoherently?
5. Whose ideas is it to repair the bottom of the boat by holding a hatchet against the plank from underwater?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)