|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction do the winds blow from in the trades for seventy percent of the year?
2. What do the men use in Chapter 10 to figure out their longitude?
(a) Only a log line and a compass.
(b) Only latitude and a log line.
(c) Only latitude and a compass.
(d) Latitude, a log line, and a compass.
3. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. How does Aaron Paddack respond to Pollard's story as Chapter 12 ends?
(a) He only believes some of it.
(b) He does not believe it.
(c) He writes it down.
(d) He ignores it.
5. How does Pollard initially respond to the suggestion of drawing a lot in Chapter 11?
(a) He is skeptical, but agrees to listen.
(b) He threatens the person that suggests it.
(c) He thinks that it is a good idea.
(d) He refuses to listen to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Chilean island is three hundred miles away from Chase's boat in Chapter 12?
2. Contrary to what the men think, what island are they actually on in Chapter 9?
3. What type of rock produces a spring for the men on December 22?
4. What happens to Chase before he dies?
5. On December 13, how many nautical miles do the men think they are away from reaching the light variable winds they need?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)