|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Pollard's boat sighted again in Chapter 8?
(a) Two days later.
(b) Three days later.
(c) The next morning.
(d) The next afternoon.
2. How much water do the men collect on December 23?
(a) Ten liters.
(b) Twenty liters.
(c) Ten gallons.
(d) Twenty gallons.
3. How many men choose to stay on the island at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What year is it when Chapter 12 begins?
5. Which one of the following is not done when Joy dies?
(a) He is sewn up in his clothes.
(b) A stone is tied to his feet.
(c) A letter from the men is placed inside his pocket.
(d) He is buried at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pollard do the night before leaving the island in Chapter 9?
2. What has Pollard's Nantucket house become in modern times?
3. How does Aaron Paddack respond to Pollard's story as Chapter 12 ends?
4. How much oil does Chase return with in 1836 on the Charles Carroll?
5. What do the men do with Cole when he begins ranting incoherently?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the crew decide to leave Henderson Island? Who chooses to stay?
2. How is Pollard's boat rescued?
3. How does Chase's boat deal with a shark attack?
4. What difficulties is Chase's boat having in Chapter 11?
5. How do the men confuse the name of the island they have found in Chapter 9?
6. How do the boats get separated in Chapter 10?
7. What does Chase put in each boat before leaving Henderson Island and why?
8. What discovery do the men in Chase's boat make while trying to combat the heat?
9. Who attends the dinner on the night Pollard is rescued, and what does Pollard discuss with Aaron Paddack later that night?
10. What happens to Hendricks' boat?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)