|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the late afternoon.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) At night.
2. Why is it difficult for the Surry to land on Henderson Island during the rescue of the men?
(a) The wind is too strong.
(b) The boat is too damaged.
(c) The coral is too dangerous.
(d) The rain is too heavy.
3. How common was cannibalism among sailors that are shipwrecked during the time the book takes place?
(a) It is never done.
(b) It is rarely done.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) It is widespread.
4. What do the men do with Cole when he begins ranting incoherently?
(a) They place him on a board.
(b) They knock him unconscious.
(c) They throw him overboard.
(d) They attempt to reason with him.
5. What type of rock produces a spring for the men on December 22?
(a) Large and flat.
(b) Large and round.
(c) Small and round.
(d) Small and flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After realizing they are too far south to reach Easter Island, how far away is the next group of islands?
2. Which one of the following is not something that Chase does in order to guard the provisions?
3. What do the men use in Chapter 10 to figure out their longitude?
4. How much oil does Chase return with in 1836 on the Charles Carroll?
5. What day does Richard Peterson choose to die?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)