Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the story take place in?
2. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
3. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
4. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
5. How much can sperm whales weigh?
6. How far off the coast of New England is Nantucket located?
7. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
8. What is the first thing that the captain and crew of the Dauphin notice when they see the smaller boat?
This section contains 4,799 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)