|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Pearl headed with Pollard on board two months after the accident at the French Frigate Shoals?
2. Which weapon does Pollard choose to keep for himself as Chapter 6 ends?
3. On January 26, how many men are in Chase's boat?
4. When did ships from Nantucket first start rounding Cape Horn?
5. How long is the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5?
(a) Sixty -five feet long.
(b) Seventy- five feet long.
(c) Eighty- five feet long.
(d) Ninety- five feet long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What island do the men initially think they have found in the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What has the boarding house that Nickerson owned become in modern times?
3. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
4. Why is the arrival of Chase, Lawrence, and Nickerson in Nantucket unexpected in Chapter 13?
5. Unknown to the crew in Chapter 9, how many miles away from the island is a community with food and water?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)