|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the other men try to locate Pollard's boat after it disappears?
(a) They return to the last place they saw Pollard.
(b) They retrace the route that Pollard was on.
(c) They shoot flares.
(d) They call out.
2. How does Aaron Paddack respond to Pollard's story as Chapter 12 ends?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He writes it down.
(c) He does not believe it.
(d) He only believes some of it.
3. What does Pollard do the night before leaving the island in Chapter 9?
(a) He writes a letter to his wife.
(b) He begins collecting nuts and berries.
(c) He begins collecting rocks.
(d) He writes a letter to the captain of another ship.
4. What discovery does the crew make on November 26?
(a) They are sailing towards South America.
(b) They are sailing parallel to South America.
(c) They sailed past South America.
(d) They are very close to South America.
5. Where is the Pearl headed with Pollard on board two months after the accident at the French Frigate Shoals?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the crew of the Essex to kill eleven whales in Chapter 4?
2. In 1810, how many women over the age of twenty- three are widowed?
3. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
4. What does Chase encounter at the end of Chapter 10?
5. After being rescued by the Dauphin, how many captains join Pollard for dinner at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)