|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in Chapter 1, what does the sighting of a comet indicate?
(a) Something horrible is going to happen.
(b) There will be good weather for the next year.
(c) Something unusual is going to happen.
(d) There will be good weather for the next month.
2. Why does Pollard think that backtracking to the Galapagos Islands is impossible in Chapter 6?
(a) Because of the waves around the islands.
(b) Because of the distance.
(c) Because of the uncertainty of how to get back to them.
(d) Because of the wind direction.
3. Who is in Pollard's boat towards the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Coffin, Ramsdell, and Ray.
(b) Coffin and Ray, but not Ramsdell.
(c) Coffin and Ramsdell, but not Ray.
(d) Ray and Ramsdell, but not Coffin.
4. How much oil does Chase return with in 1836 on the Charles Carroll?
(a) Two thousand six hundred and ten gallons.
(b) Three thousand six hundred and ten barrels.
(c) Two thousand six hundred and ten barrels.
(d) Three thousand six hundred and ten gallons.
5. Whose boat had the least amount of people in it as the crew divides for its trip in Chapter 6?
(b) All of the boats had the same amount of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
2. Which one of the following is not done when Joy dies?
3. Where is the Pearl headed with Pollard on board two months after the accident at the French Frigate Shoals?
4. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
5. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)