|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
2. How much evidence of favoritism is there by the Nantucketers in ensuring their survival?
(a) A moderate amount.
(b) Very little.
(d) A substantial amount.
3. How far away are the Marquesas from where the crew is in Chapter 6?
(a) Two thousand miles.
(b) Twelve hundred miles.
(c) One thousand miles.
(d) Twenty- two hundred miles.
4. Where is the Pearl headed with Pollard on board two months after the accident at the French Frigate Shoals?
5. When does Pollard avert potential disaster after crashing into the French Frigate Shoals?
(a) September of 1832.
(b) February of 1823.
(c) September of 1823.
(d) February of 1832.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the frustrations grow on the Essex, what complaint do the men bring to Pollard at the end of Chapter 3?
2. On December 13, how many nautical miles do the men think they are away from reaching the light variable winds they need?
3. After having little luck off the coast of Chile, where does the Essex begin experiencing some success?
4. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
5. Which weapon does Pollard choose to keep for himself as Chapter 6 ends?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)