|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Pollard's boat sighted again in Chapter 8?
(a) The next morning.
(b) The next afternoon.
(c) Three days later.
(d) Two days later.
2. How much does the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5 weigh?
(a) Eighty tons.
(b) Sixty tons.
(c) Seventy tons.
(d) Fifty tons.
3. How many miles does it take the crew to set and trim the sails of the Essex?
(a) More than ten.
(b) More than eleven.
(c) More than nine.
(d) Less than nine.
4. Where is the Pearl headed with Pollard on board two months after the accident at the French Frigate Shoals?
5. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
(a) At Buenos Aires.
(b) Just before Rio De Janeiro.
(c) Halfway between Rio De Janeiro and Buenos Aires.
(d) After Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the story take place in?
2. Due to starvation and lack of clothes, what illness are the men vulnerable to in the cold rain?
3. What do the men do in order to prevent water from splashing over the edges of the remaining boats?
4. How do Pollard and Chase react to the way the men take the Essex out to sea?
5. Why is it difficult for the men to row in Chapter 8?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)