|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
(a) A boatsteerer and oarsmen.
(b) A mate and oarsmen.
(c) A mate and a boat steerer.
(d) A mate, a boat steerer, and oarsmen.
2. Why is the crew concerned about the Marquesas?
(a) Many other sailors have disappeared there.
(b) There are rumors that the inhabitants are cannibals.
(c) They are infested with insects.
(d) There are no supplies there.
3. How long is the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5?
(a) Sixty -five feet long.
(b) Ninety- five feet long.
(c) Seventy- five feet long.
(d) Eighty- five feet long.
4. How much water do the men collect on December 23?
(a) Twenty gallons.
(b) Ten gallons.
(c) Ten liters.
(d) Twenty liters.
5. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. While repairing the Essex's leak, what else do the men gather in Chapter 4?
2. How many days after leaving the sunken Essex is Chase's boat rescued by the Indian?
3. How many days worth of food does Chase's boat have at the start of Chapter 12?
4. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
5. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)