|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5?
(a) Ninety- five feet long.
(b) Sixty -five feet long.
(c) Seventy- five feet long.
(d) Eighty- five feet long.
2. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
(a) Six a.m.
(b) Seven a.m.
(c) Nine a.m.
(d) Eight a.m.
3. Why is it difficult for the Surry to land on Henderson Island during the rescue of the men?
(a) The rain is too heavy.
(b) The coral is too dangerous.
(c) The boat is too damaged.
(d) The wind is too strong.
4. Why is the arrival of Chase, Lawrence, and Nickerson in Nantucket unexpected in Chapter 13?
(a) They are scheduled to arrive one month later.
(b) A rumor had been told that they refused to return home.
(c) They are scheduled to arrive on a different ship.
(d) The people there are not aware of their rescue.
5. What causes Chase's boat to get a hole in it as they approach another whale on November 20?
(a) The whale's tail hits the boat.
(b) The harpoon inadvertently crashes into the side of the boat.
(c) Chase kicks the side of the boat out of frustration.
(d) A bolt of lightning strikes the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
2. What is the first concern that the men have about the island they find?
3. When did English settlers begin arriving in Nantucket?
4. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
5. What discovery does the crew make on November 26?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)