|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
2. When is Pollard's boat sighted again in Chapter 8?
(a) The next morning.
(b) Three days later.
(c) The next afternoon.
(d) Two days later.
3. Who is in Pollard's boat towards the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Coffin and Ray, but not Ramsdell.
(b) Ray and Ramsdell, but not Coffin.
(c) Coffin and Ramsdell, but not Ray.
(d) Coffin, Ramsdell, and Ray.
4. After being separated from Hendricks' boat, how far from the coast of South America is Pollard?
(a) One thousand miles.
(b) Two thousand miles.
(c) Fifteen hundred miles.
(d) Twenty five hundred miles.
5. Which one of the Galapagos Islands is the crew of the Essex on when they discover a leak in the ship?
(a) Tower Island.
(b) Culpepper Island.
(c) Barrington Island.
(d) Hood Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
2. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
3. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
4. What museum acquires the skeleton of the whale found in the Epilogue?
5. What Ecuadorian city does the Essex stop at during September in Chapter 4?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)