|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the late afternoon.
(d) At night.
2. When did English settlers begin arriving in Nantucket?
3. What do Pollard and Daniel Russell, the captain of the Aurora, discuss in Chapter 4?
(a) The discovery of a new whaling ground.
(b) The remaining time of the Essex's trip.
(c) The remaining time of the Aurora's trip.
(d) The discovery of other whaling boats off the coast.
4. What direction do the winds blow from in the trades for seventy percent of the year?
5. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
2. How many miles west of the Galapagos is the Essex on November 2, 1820?
3. What happens when Chase's boat attempts to approach a whale on November 16?
4. What is the first concern that the men have about the island they find?
5. How much water do the men collect on December 23?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)