|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Captain George Pollard, Jr. when he boards the Essex in Chapter 2?
(a) Twenty- four years old.
(b) Thirty- eight years old.
(c) Thirty- four years old.
(d) Twenty- eight years old.
2. When is land finally spotted at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) December 18.
(b) December 17.
(c) December 19.
(d) December 16.
3. What do the men do with Cole when he begins ranting incoherently?
(a) They place him on a board.
(b) They throw him overboard.
(c) They knock him unconscious.
(d) They attempt to reason with him.
4. Which fictional novel was inspired by the sinking of the Essex?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) The Cruel Sea.
(c) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(d) Treasure Island.
5. Which well known island is mentioned in Chapter 6 as a part of the Society Islands that the Nantucketers should have known about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
2. What does Chase put in each boat at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What is the name of the newspaper that includes the article about the Marquesas before the ship sets sail from Nantucket?
4. Which of the following is not included in the list of troubles that the bad weather causes for the Essex in Chapter 4?
5. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)