|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
(a) A mate, a boat steerer, and oarsmen.
(b) A boatsteerer and oarsmen.
(c) A mate and a boat steerer.
(d) A mate and oarsmen.
2. How many men choose to stay on the island at the end of Chapter 9?
3. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
4. What is the first thing that the captain and crew of the Dauphin notice when they see the smaller boat?
(a) The bones on the ship.
(b) A flag.
(c) The men on the ship.
(d) A fire.
5. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pollard informed to set sail?
2. What island do the men initially think they have found in the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. Which of the following is not included in the list of troubles that the bad weather causes for the Essex in Chapter 4?
4. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
5. How many miles west of the Galapagos is the Essex on November 2, 1820?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)