|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5?
(a) Eighty- five feet long.
(b) Ninety- five feet long.
(c) Sixty -five feet long.
(d) Seventy- five feet long.
2. How much does the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5 weigh?
(a) Eighty tons.
(b) Seventy tons.
(c) Fifty tons.
(d) Sixty tons.
3. As the frustrations grow on the Essex, what complaint do the men bring to Pollard at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) More chores on the ship.
(b) Unfair treatment by the first and second mate.
(c) Less sleep time.
(d) Smaller food portions.
4. What does Pollard do the night before leaving the island in Chapter 9?
(a) He begins collecting nuts and berries.
(b) He begins collecting rocks.
(c) He writes a letter to the captain of another ship.
(d) He writes a letter to his wife.
5. How far way is the sail when Lawrence sees it in Chapter 12?
(a) Seven miles.
(b) Nine miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Three miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of rock produces a spring for the men on December 22?
2. What animals are used as food to help the crew stay alive in Chapter 9?
3. How long does the crew of the Essex remain by the wrecked ship?
4. How long do the officers think it will take the crew to reach either Chile or Peru?
5. Why is it difficult for the Surry to land on Henderson Island during the rescue of the men?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)