|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do with Cole when he begins ranting incoherently?
(a) They knock him unconscious.
(b) They attempt to reason with him.
(c) They throw him overboard.
(d) They place him on a board.
2. Which one of the following is not included in the museum's exhibit of the Essex?
(b) A list of the crew.
(d) The ship's truck.
3. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the late afternoon.
(d) At night.
4. After being separated from Hendricks' boat, how far from the coast of South America is Pollard?
(a) One thousand miles.
(b) Two thousand miles.
(c) Fifteen hundred miles.
(d) Twenty five hundred miles.
5. When does the Essex sail towards the Galapagos Islands in Chapter 4?
(a) October 2.
(b) September 22.
(c) October 22.
(d) September 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
2. Which one of the following is not done when Joy dies?
3. Which fictional novel was inspired by the sinking of the Essex?
4. Which direction is Chase's boat floating in Chapter 11?
5. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)