|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chase do as Nickerson and Lawrence prepare to bury Cole?
(a) He stops them.
(b) He helps them.
(c) He instructs them.
(d) He refuses to watch.
2. Which of the following is not taken by the crew as the Essex sinks in Chapter 5?
3. How far off the coast of New England is Nantucket located?
(a) Forty- three miles.
(b) Forty- two miles.
(c) Twenty- four miles.
(d) Thirty- four miles.
4. How old is Captain George Pollard, Jr. when he boards the Essex in Chapter 2?
(a) Twenty- eight years old.
(b) Twenty- four years old.
(c) Thirty- four years old.
(d) Thirty- eight years old.
5. What do the men do in order to prevent water from splashing over the edges of the remaining boats?
(a) They put covers on the tops of the boats.
(b) They build bigger sails for the boats.
(c) They build up the sides of each boat.
(d) They put weights on each end of the boats to minimize their movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Chase before he dies?
2. What is the name of the newspaper that includes the article about the Marquesas before the ship sets sail from Nantucket?
3. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. Why is it difficult for the Surry to land on Henderson Island during the rescue of the men?
5. How far way is the sail when Lawrence sees it in Chapter 12?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)