|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
(a) On its side.
(b) Tail first.
(c) On its back.
(d) Head first.
2. In what year does the story take place in?
3. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Eight hundred and forty miles.
(b) One thousand one hundred miles.
(c) Two thousand and one hundred miles.
(d) Fourteen hundred and eighty miles.
4. What Ecuadorian city does the Essex stop at during September in Chapter 4?
5. Due to starvation and lack of clothes, what illness are the men vulnerable to in the cold rain?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the whale to revive after the collision before preparing to ram the boat again?
2. What does the crew on Chase's boat choose to do in order to deal with the unbearable heat in Chapter 8?
3. When did ships from Nantucket first start rounding Cape Horn?
4. Which weapon does Pollard choose to keep for himself as Chapter 6 ends?
5. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)