|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
(a) Chase and Joy.
(b) Nickerson and Joy.
(c) Only Joy.
(d) Only Chase.
2. When is Pollard's boat sighted again in Chapter 8?
(a) Two days later.
(b) The next afternoon.
(c) Three days later.
(d) The next morning.
3. After stopping at the Cape Verde Islands in Chapter 3, how many spare whale boats does the Essex now have?
4. What does the Aurora bring for the crew of the Essex?
(a) More weapons.
(b) Sailors and boats.
(c) More food.
(d) Letters from home.
5. Which of the following is not taken by the crew as the Essex sinks in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Pollard and Chase react to the way the men take the Essex out to sea?
2. How many days after leaving the sunken Essex is Chase's boat rescued by the Indian?
3. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
4. What does Chase put in each boat at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)