|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
(b) Square shaped.
2. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
(a) Six slices of cheese.
(b) Six slices of bread.
(c) Eight slices of bread.
(d) Eight slices of cheese.
3. How does Pollard initially respond to the suggestion of drawing a lot in Chapter 11?
(a) He threatens the person that suggests it.
(b) He is skeptical, but agrees to listen.
(c) He refuses to listen to it.
(d) He thinks that it is a good idea.
4. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What do the men do with Cole when he begins ranting incoherently?
(a) They knock him unconscious.
(b) They throw him overboard.
(c) They attempt to reason with him.
(d) They place him on a board.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
2. What direction do the winds blow from in the trades for seventy percent of the year?
3. If the Essex returns with sufficient product, how much money is Thomas Nickerson expecting to make from the trip?
4. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
5. On what night do Pollard's boat and Hendricks' boat become separated?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)