|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Pollard reach St. Mary's Island?
(a) February 20.
(b) February 21.
(c) February 23.
(d) February 22.
2. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
(a) They have run out of the freshwater.
(b) They are spending energy repairing their boat.
(c) They are in the sun for long periods of time.
(d) They are eating saltwater-damaged bread.
3. What day does Richard Peterson choose to die?
(a) January 18.
(b) January 19.
(c) January 17.
(d) January 20.
4. What does the Aurora bring for the crew of the Essex?
(a) More weapons.
(b) Sailors and boats.
(c) Letters from home.
(d) More food.
5. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
(a) A boatsteerer and oarsmen.
(b) A mate and a boat steerer.
(c) A mate and oarsmen.
(d) A mate, a boat steerer, and oarsmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men begin losing on their first morning on the island?
2. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
3. Why is the crew concerned about the Marquesas?
4. When does Pollard's boat disappear in Chapter 8?
5. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)