|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which direction is Chase's boat floating in Chapter 11?
2. What do the men in Chase's boat discover attached to the bottom of it on December 14?
3. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
4. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) Ten feet.
(d) One foot.
5. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which well known island is mentioned in Chapter 6 as a part of the Society Islands that the Nantucketers should have known about?
2. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
3. When is land finally spotted at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What discovery does the crew make on November 26?
5. On what night do Pollard's boat and Hendricks' boat become separated?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)