|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the whale to revive after the collision before preparing to ram the boat again?
(a) One minute.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) Less than a minute.
2. When does Pollard's boat disappear in Chapter 8?
(a) The night of December 9.
(b) The night of December 10.
(c) The morning of December 9.
(d) The morning of December 10.
3. What time of the day do the men observe the latitude of their trip in Chapter 10?
(b) Eight o'clock in the morning.
(d) Eight o'clock in the evening.
4. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
(a) At night.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the late afternoon.
(d) In the afternoon.
5. How much evidence of favoritism is there by the Nantucketers in ensuring their survival?
(a) Very little.
(b) A substantial amount.
(c) A moderate amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
2. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
3. What animals are used as food to help the crew stay alive in Chapter 9?
4. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
5. As described in Chapter 1, what does the sighting of a comet indicate?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)