|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not something that Chase does in order to guard the provisions?
(a) He transfers them to his chest.
(b) He puts an arm or leg across them as he sleeps.
(c) He sleeps with a loaded pistol.
(d) He threatens to decrease the portions for anyone that has too much.
2. How many days after leaving the sunken Essex is Chase's boat rescued by the Indian?
(a) One hundred and nineteen.
(b) One hundred and nine.
(c) Ninety- nine.
(d) Eighty- nine.
3. What is the crew hoping for as they enter the Offshore Grounds?
(a) Another whale ship.
(b) Weaker winds.
(c) Stronger winds.
(d) Another whale.
4. Why does Joy request to be transferred to the captain's boat when he is close to dying?
(a) To die next to the captain.
(b) The captain's boat has more food.
(c) There is a doctor on the captain's boat.
(d) To die among Nantucketers.
5. How many days worth of food does Chase's boat have at the start of Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it on February 18 when Lawrence spots a sail?
2. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
3. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
4. Which provisions does the crew of the Essex plan to purchase at the Azores?
5. What do the men do in order to prevent water from splashing over the edges of the remaining boats?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)