|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood of the men on November 26?
2. As described in Chapter 1, what does the sighting of a comet indicate?
(a) There will be good weather for the next month.
(b) Something unusual is going to happen.
(c) Something horrible is going to happen.
(d) There will be good weather for the next year.
3. How long does it take the crew of the Essex to kill eleven whales in Chapter 4?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Three months.
4. How is Pollard informed to set sail?
(a) He is told directly by the owners of the ship.
(b) He is told by a messenger.
(c) He receives a letter.
(d) He leaves according to the weather patterns.
5. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in Chase's boat discover attached to the bottom of it on December 14?
2. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
3. When the men are close enough to attack the whale, what is used in order to pierce its vital organs?
4. After being separated from Hendricks' boat, how far from the coast of South America is Pollard?
5. How long does it take the Essex to round Cape Horn in Chapter 4?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)