|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hendricks' boat on January 14?
(a) It starts leaking.
(b) It runs out of provisions.
(c) It catches fire.
(d) It capsizes.
2. What does Chase encounter at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Porpoises and a whale.
(b) A shark, porpoises, and a whale.
(c) A shark and porpoises.
(d) A shark and a whale.
3. Why does Joy request to be transferred to the captain's boat when he is close to dying?
(a) To die among Nantucketers.
(b) There is a doctor on the captain's boat.
(c) The captain's boat has more food.
(d) To die next to the captain.
4. How long does the northwesterly breeze hold for before switching to the east-northeast in Chapter 10?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
5. Where do the men sleep during their first night on the island in Chapter 9?
(a) In their boats.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In the forest.
(d) On rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
2. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
3. What causes Chase's boat to get a hole in it as they approach another whale on November 20?
4. What discovery does the crew make on November 26?
5. What time is it on February 18 when Lawrence spots a sail?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)