|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1810, how many women over the age of twenty- three are widowed?
(a) Almost half.
(b) Over half.
(c) Almost a quarter.
(d) Over a quarter.
2. Which weapon does Pollard choose to keep for himself as Chapter 6 ends?
3. As described in Chapter 1, what does the sighting of a comet indicate?
(a) There will be good weather for the next month.
(b) Something unusual is going to happen.
(c) There will be good weather for the next year.
(d) Something horrible is going to happen.
4. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
(a) After Buenos Aires.
(b) At Buenos Aires.
(c) Halfway between Rio De Janeiro and Buenos Aires.
(d) Just before Rio De Janeiro.
5. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do with Cole when he begins ranting incoherently?
2. Unknown to the crew in Chapter 9, how many miles away from the island is a community with food and water?
3. What does the crew on Chase's boat choose to do in order to deal with the unbearable heat in Chapter 8?
4. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Which one of the Galapagos Islands is the crew of the Essex on when they discover a leak in the ship?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)