|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fish surround Chase's boat in Chapter 8?
(a) Sword fish.
(c) Flying fish.
2. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
(c) Square shaped.
3. When the men are close enough to attack the whale, what is used in order to pierce its vital organs?
(a) A knife.
(b) A harpoon.
(c) A lance.
(d) An oar.
4. Unknown to the crew in Chapter 9, how many miles away from the island is a community with food and water?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
5. How is Pollard informed to set sail?
(a) He leaves according to the weather patterns.
(b) He receives a letter.
(c) He is told directly by the owners of the ship.
(d) He is told by a messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chase's first inclination upon arriving at the island in Chapter 9?
2. What do Pollard and Daniel Russell, the captain of the Aurora, discuss in Chapter 4?
3. As described in Chapter 1, what does the sighting of a comet indicate?
4. Which provisions does the crew of the Essex plan to purchase at the Azores?
5. Why does Pollard think that backtracking to the Galapagos Islands is impossible in Chapter 6?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)