|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chase put in each boat at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Firewood and leaves.
(b) A flat stone and leaves.
(c) A flat stone, firewood, and leaves.
(d) A flat stone and firewood.
2. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
(b) Very few.
(d) An average amount.
3. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
(a) Chase and Joy.
(b) Only Chase.
(c) Only Joy.
(d) Nickerson and Joy.
4. As the frustrations grow on the Essex, what complaint do the men bring to Pollard at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Smaller food portions.
(b) More chores on the ship.
(c) Less sleep time.
(d) Unfair treatment by the first and second mate.
5. When is land finally spotted at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) December 18.
(b) December 17.
(c) December 16.
(d) December 19.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
2. What does the crew on Chase's boat choose to do in order to deal with the unbearable heat in Chapter 8?
3. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
4. After having little luck off the coast of Chile, where does the Essex begin experiencing some success?
5. Which weapon does Pollard choose to keep for himself as Chapter 6 ends?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)