|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the story take place in?
2. Why is the crew concerned about the Marquesas?
(a) Many other sailors have disappeared there.
(b) They are infested with insects.
(c) There are rumors that the inhabitants are cannibals.
(d) There are no supplies there.
3. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
4. What type of rock produces a spring for the men on December 22?
(a) Small and flat.
(b) Large and round.
(c) Small and round.
(d) Large and flat.
5. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
(a) At night.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the late afternoon.
(d) In the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the men are close enough to attack the whale, what is used in order to pierce its vital organs?
2. What is Chase's first inclination upon arriving at the island in Chapter 9?
3. Whose boat had the least amount of people in it as the crew divides for its trip in Chapter 6?
4. How much water is each man given per day as the crew attempts to make it to land in Chapter 7?
5. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)