|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Pollard's boat sighted again in Chapter 8?
(a) The next morning.
(b) Three days later.
(c) Two days later.
(d) The next afternoon.
2. In what direction does the wind shift, allowing the boats to sail towards Peru?
3. When is land finally spotted at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) December 18.
(b) December 17.
(c) December 19.
(d) December 16.
4. Who persuades Pollard to sail to Chile or Peru instead of the Society Islands?
(a) Only Chase.
(b) Chase and Joy.
(c) No one.
(d) Only Joy.
5. What do Pollard and Daniel Russell, the captain of the Aurora, discuss in Chapter 4?
(a) The discovery of a new whaling ground.
(b) The remaining time of the Aurora's trip.
(c) The remaining time of the Essex's trip.
(d) The discovery of other whaling boats off the coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pollard choose the Society Islands as the crew's destination?
2. Whose ideas is it to repair the bottom of the boat by holding a hatchet against the plank from underwater?
3. After having little luck off the coast of Chile, where does the Essex begin experiencing some success?
4. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
5. Whose boat had the least amount of people in it as the crew divides for its trip in Chapter 6?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)