|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
(a) Eight slices of bread.
(b) Eight slices of cheese.
(c) Six slices of cheese.
(d) Six slices of bread.
2. What does Pollard do the night before leaving the island in Chapter 9?
(a) He begins collecting rocks.
(b) He writes a letter to his wife.
(c) He begins collecting nuts and berries.
(d) He writes a letter to the captain of another ship.
3. How do the other men try to locate Pollard's boat after it disappears?
(a) They retrace the route that Pollard was on.
(b) They return to the last place they saw Pollard.
(c) They shoot flares.
(d) They call out.
4. When is Pollard's boat sighted again in Chapter 8?
(a) The next morning.
(b) The next afternoon.
(c) Three days later.
(d) Two days later.
5. How much water do the men collect on December 23?
(a) Twenty liters.
(b) Twenty gallons.
(c) Ten gallons.
(d) Ten liters.
Short Answer Questions
1. After realizing they are too far south to reach Easter Island, how far away is the next group of islands?
2. In 1810, how many women over the age of twenty- three are widowed?
3. How is Pollard informed to set sail?
4. How long is the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5?
5. Contrary to what the men think, what island are they actually on in Chapter 9?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)