|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
(a) Six slices of bread.
(b) Eight slices of bread.
(c) Six slices of cheese.
(d) Eight slices of cheese.
2. How many men choose to stay on the island at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What island do the men initially think they have found in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Oeno Island.
(b) Henderson Island.
(c) Ducie Island.
(d) Pitcairn Island.
4. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
5. How do the other men try to locate Pollard's boat after it disappears?
(a) They return to the last place they saw Pollard.
(b) They shoot flares.
(c) They retrace the route that Pollard was on.
(d) They call out.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
2. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
3. How long is the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5?
4. Unknown to the crew in Chapter 9, how many miles away from the island is a community with food and water?
5. What does Chase encounter at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)