|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
(a) Tail first.
(b) On its back.
(c) On its side.
(d) Head first.
2. What type of fish surround Chase's boat in Chapter 8?
(b) Flying fish.
(d) Sword fish.
3. After having little luck off the coast of Chile, where does the Essex begin experiencing some success?
(a) Off the coast of Uruguay.
(b) Off the coast of Colombia.
(c) Off the coast of Argentina.
(d) Off the coast of Peru.
4. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
(a) Eight a.m.
(b) Nine a.m.
(c) Seven a.m.
(d) Six a.m.
5. When does Pollard's boat disappear in Chapter 8?
(a) The morning of December 9.
(b) The night of December 10.
(c) The morning of December 10.
(d) The night of December 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
2. How far away are the Marquesas from where the crew is in Chapter 6?
3. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
4. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
5. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)