|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals are used as food to help the crew stay alive in Chapter 9?
(a) Birds and crabs.
(b) Neither birds nor crabs.
(c) Only crabs.
(d) Only birds.
2. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
(a) Eight thousand people.
(b) Seven thousand people.
(c) Five thousand people.
(d) Six thousand people.
3. On December 13, how many nautical miles do the men think they are away from reaching the light variable winds they need?
(a) At least four hundred.
(b) At least three hundred.
(c) Less than two hundred.
(d) Less than one hundred.
4. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
5. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the northwesterly breeze hold for before switching to the east-northeast in Chapter 10?
2. What do the men begin losing on their first morning on the island?
3. How far away are the Marquesas from where the crew is in Chapter 6?
4. What does the Aurora bring for the crew of the Essex?
5. How many miles west of the Galapagos is the Essex on November 2, 1820?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)