|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crew hoping for as they enter the Offshore Grounds?
(a) Weaker winds.
(b) Stronger winds.
(c) Another whale.
(d) Another whale ship.
2. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
3. When does the Essex sail towards the Galapagos Islands in Chapter 4?
(a) September 22.
(b) October 2.
(c) October 22.
(d) September 12.
4. What day does Richard Peterson choose to die?
(a) January 17.
(b) January 18.
(c) January 20.
(d) January 19.
5. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
(a) Nine a.m.
(b) Six a.m.
(c) Seven a.m.
(d) Eight a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
2. What type of rock produces a spring for the men on December 22?
3. What is the name of the newspaper that includes the article about the Marquesas before the ship sets sail from Nantucket?
4. While repairing the Essex's leak, what else do the men gather in Chapter 4?
5. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)