|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Ecuadorian city does the Essex stop at during September in Chapter 4?
2. How long does the average hunt for a sperm whale take?
(a) One to two years.
(b) Two to three years.
(c) Six months to a year.
(d) One to two months.
3. How much does the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5 weigh?
(a) Eighty tons.
(b) Fifty tons.
(c) Seventy tons.
(d) Sixty tons.
4. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
5. When does the Essex sail towards the Galapagos Islands in Chapter 4?
(a) September 22.
(b) September 12.
(c) October 2.
(d) October 22.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did ships from Nantucket first start rounding Cape Horn?
2. What does the crew on Chase's boat choose to do in order to deal with the unbearable heat in Chapter 8?
3. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
4. When did English settlers begin arriving in Nantucket?
5. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)