|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
(a) They have run out of the freshwater.
(b) They are in the sun for long periods of time.
(c) They are spending energy repairing their boat.
(d) They are eating saltwater-damaged bread.
2. What discovery does the crew make on November 26?
(a) They are very close to South America.
(b) They sailed past South America.
(c) They are sailing towards South America.
(d) They are sailing parallel to South America.
3. How many men choose to stay on the island at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What Ecuadorian city does the Essex stop at during September in Chapter 4?
5. Whose boat had the least amount of people in it as the crew divides for its trip in Chapter 6?
(b) All of the boats had the same amount of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ideas is it to repair the bottom of the boat by holding a hatchet against the plank from underwater?
2. Who persuades Pollard to sail to Chile or Peru instead of the Society Islands?
3. On December 13, how many nautical miles do the men think they are away from reaching the light variable winds they need?
4. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
5. How long does it take the whale to revive after the collision before preparing to ram the boat again?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)