|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ideas is it to repair the bottom of the boat by holding a hatchet against the plank from underwater?
2. Which one of the Galapagos Islands is the crew of the Essex on when they discover a leak in the ship?
(a) Culpepper Island.
(b) Hood Island.
(c) Tower Island.
(d) Barrington Island.
3. What type of rock produces a spring for the men on December 22?
(a) Large and round.
(b) Small and flat.
(c) Large and flat.
(d) Small and round.
4. Which weapon does Pollard choose to keep for himself as Chapter 6 ends?
5. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
(a) Only Chase.
(b) Chase and Joy.
(c) Nickerson and Joy.
(d) Only Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far have the men rescued by the Dauphin been sailing at the end of the Preface?
2. Which fictional novel was inspired by the sinking of the Essex?
3. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
4. Which of the following is not taken by the crew as the Essex sinks in Chapter 5?
5. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)