|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far have the men rescued by the Dauphin been sailing at the end of the Preface?
(a) Thirty- five hundred nautical miles.
(b) Fifty- five hundred nautical miles.
(c) Twenty- five hundred nautical miles.
(d) Forty- five hundred nautical miles.
2. How long does it take the crew of the Essex to kill eleven whales in Chapter 4?
(a) Five months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Four months.
3. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
4. In 1810, how many women over the age of twenty- three are widowed?
(a) Almost half.
(b) Over half.
(c) Over a quarter.
(d) Almost a quarter.
5. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for the men to row in Chapter 8?
2. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
3. How long does it take the whale to revive after the collision before preparing to ram the boat again?
4. What type of fish surround Chase's boat in Chapter 8?
5. While repairing the Essex's leak, what else do the men gather in Chapter 4?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)