|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do in order to prevent water from splashing over the edges of the remaining boats?
(a) They build bigger sails for the boats.
(b) They build up the sides of each boat.
(c) They put covers on the tops of the boats.
(d) They put weights on each end of the boats to minimize their movement.
2. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
(c) Square shaped.
3. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
4. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
5. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
(a) After Buenos Aires.
(b) Halfway between Rio De Janeiro and Buenos Aires.
(c) At Buenos Aires.
(d) Just before Rio De Janeiro.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
2. How long does the crew of the Essex remain by the wrecked ship?
3. Which of the following is not included in the list of troubles that the bad weather causes for the Essex in Chapter 4?
4. What do Pollard and Daniel Russell, the captain of the Aurora, discuss in Chapter 4?
5. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)