|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
(a) One foot.
(b) One mile.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Ten feet.
2. What is the name of the newspaper that includes the article about the Marquesas before the ship sets sail from Nantucket?
(a) New Bedford Community News.
(b) New Bedford Mercury.
(c) New Bedford Standard Times.
(d) New Bedford Gazette.
3. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
4. When does the Essex sail towards the Galapagos Islands in Chapter 4?
(a) October 2.
(b) October 22.
(c) September 12.
(d) September 22.
5. How many men are in the small boat when it is first mentioned in the preface?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
2. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
3. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
4. In what year does the story take place in?
5. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)