|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Pollard and Chase react to the way the men take the Essex out to sea?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are amused.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They are proud.
2. Which well known island is mentioned in Chapter 6 as a part of the Society Islands that the Nantucketers should have known about?
3. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
4. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
(a) Five thousand people.
(b) Seven thousand people.
(c) Eight thousand people.
(d) Six thousand people.
5. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Several days.
(d) Several months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pollard informed to set sail?
2. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
3. When did ships from Nantucket first start rounding Cape Horn?
4. What causes Chase's boat to get a hole in it as they approach another whale on November 20?
5. After stopping at the Cape Verde Islands in Chapter 3, how many spare whale boats does the Essex now have?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)