|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While repairing the Essex's leak, what else do the men gather in Chapter 4?
2. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
3. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
4. How many miles does it take the crew to set and trim the sails of the Essex?
(a) More than nine.
(b) More than eleven.
(c) Less than nine.
(d) More than ten.
5. In what year does the story take place in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles west of the Galapagos is the Essex on November 2, 1820?
2. How far away are the Marquesas from where the crew is in Chapter 6?
3. According to one naval architect, what might have helped the Essex withstand the whale's attack?
4. What causes Chase's boat to get a hole in it as they approach another whale on November 20?
5. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)