|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the crew of the Essex remain by the wrecked ship?
(a) One night.
(b) Four nights.
(c) Three nights.
(d) Two nights.
2. How long do the officers think it will take the crew to reach either Chile or Peru?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) Four months.
3. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
4. Which fictional novel was inspired by the sinking of the Essex?
(a) The Cruel Sea.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
5. How far away are the Marquesas from where the crew is in Chapter 6?
(a) Twenty- two hundred miles.
(b) One thousand miles.
(c) Two thousand miles.
(d) Twelve hundred miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After having little luck off the coast of Chile, where does the Essex begin experiencing some success?
2. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
3. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
4. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
5. How many miles west of the Galapagos is the Essex on November 2, 1820?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)