|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
(a) On its side.
(b) On its back.
(c) Head first.
(d) Tail first.
2. How long does it take the whale to revive after the collision before preparing to ram the boat again?
(a) One minute.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) Less than a minute.
3. Which of the following is not taken by the crew as the Essex sinks in Chapter 5?
4. How long does it take the Essex to round Cape Horn in Chapter 4?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) One hour.
5. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
2. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
3. How many men are in the small boat when it is first mentioned in the preface?
4. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
5. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)