|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fictional novel was inspired by the sinking of the Essex?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) The Cruel Sea.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
2. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
3. How many miles west of the Galapagos is the Essex on November 2, 1820?
(a) Less than five hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Over a thousand.
(d) Over two thousand.
4. After having little luck off the coast of Chile, where does the Essex begin experiencing some success?
(a) Off the coast of Uruguay.
(b) Off the coast of Argentina.
(c) Off the coast of Peru.
(d) Off the coast of Colombia.
5. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
(d) Square shaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
2. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
3. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
4. How are sailors paid?
5. How is Pollard informed to set sail?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)