|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
(a) Several days.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several weeks.
2. What is Nickerson's response to the captain's approach in introducing himself to the crew?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is inspired.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is confused.
3. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
4. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
5. If the Essex returns with sufficient product, how much money is Thomas Nickerson expecting to make from the trip?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the other seventy Nantucket whale ships, how is the Essex considered?
2. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
3. How much can sperm whales weigh?
4. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
5. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)