|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far have the men rescued by the Dauphin been sailing at the end of the Preface?
(a) Fifty- five hundred nautical miles.
(b) Twenty- five hundred nautical miles.
(c) Thirty- five hundred nautical miles.
(d) Forty- five hundred nautical miles.
2. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Four hours.
3. When did English settlers begin arriving in Nantucket?
4. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several days.
5. Which provisions does the crew of the Essex plan to purchase at the Azores?
(a) Livestock and weapons.
(b) Vegetables and weapons.
(c) Vegetables, livestock, and weapons.
(d) Vegetables and livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
2. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
3. How is Pollard informed to set sail?
4. What surprises Nickerson about Chase while they are on the sea?
5. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)