|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the Essex returns with sufficient product, how much money is Thomas Nickerson expecting to make from the trip?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
2. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
3. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
(d) Square shaped.
4. How do Pollard and Chase react to the way the men take the Essex out to sea?
(a) They are proud.
(b) They are amused.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They are angry.
5. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Nickerson about Chase while they are on the sea?
2. How many men are in the small boat when it is first mentioned in the preface?
3. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
4. How long does the average hunt for a sperm whale take?
5. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)