|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
(a) Eight thousand people.
(b) Six thousand people.
(c) Seven thousand people.
(d) Five thousand people.
2. How do Pollard and Chase react to the way the men take the Essex out to sea?
(a) They are embarrassed.
(b) They are amused.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are proud.
3. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
(a) Seven a.m.
(b) Eight a.m.
(c) Nine a.m.
(d) Six a.m.
4. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
5. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
2. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
3. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
4. How much can sperm whales weigh?
5. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)