|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
2. How old is Captain George Pollard, Jr. when he boards the Essex in Chapter 2?
(a) Twenty- four years old.
(b) Thirty- eight years old.
(c) Twenty- eight years old.
(d) Thirty- four years old.
3. Compared to the other seventy Nantucket whale ships, how is the Essex considered?
(a) New, big, and lucky.
(b) Old, small, and lucky.
(c) New, small, and lucky.
(d) Old, big, and lucky.
4. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
5. How much can sperm whales weigh?
(a) Twelve hundred tons.
(b) Twelve hundred pounds.
(c) Sixty tons.
(d) Six hundred pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
2. How is Pollard informed to set sail?
3. How far have the men rescued by the Dauphin been sailing at the end of the Preface?
4. How long does the average hunt for a sperm whale take?
5. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)