|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
2. If the Essex returns with sufficient product, how much money is Thomas Nickerson expecting to make from the trip?
(a) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
3. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
(a) Nine a.m.
(b) Eight a.m.
(c) Seven a.m.
(d) Six a.m.
4. In what year does the story take place in?
5. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
(a) Eight thousand people.
(b) Seven thousand people.
(c) Five thousand people.
(d) Six thousand people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are sailors paid?
2. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
3. How is Pollard informed to set sail?
4. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
5. What surprises Nickerson about Chase while they are on the sea?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)