|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which provisions does the crew of the Essex plan to purchase at the Azores?
(a) Vegetables and weapons.
(b) Vegetables, livestock, and weapons.
(c) Livestock and weapons.
(d) Vegetables and livestock.
2. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
3. As described in Chapter 1, what does the sighting of a comet indicate?
(a) Something unusual is going to happen.
(b) There will be good weather for the next year.
(c) There will be good weather for the next month.
(d) Something horrible is going to happen.
4. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
5. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
2. How much can sperm whales weigh?
3. In what year does the story take place in?
4. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
5. How many men are in the small boat when it is first mentioned in the preface?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)