|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
(a) Seven a.m.
(b) Nine a.m.
(c) Eight a.m.
(d) Six a.m.
2. In what year does the story take place in?
3. How old is Captain George Pollard, Jr. when he boards the Essex in Chapter 2?
(a) Twenty- four years old.
(b) Twenty- eight years old.
(c) Thirty- eight years old.
(d) Thirty- four years old.
4. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
(a) Only Chase.
(b) Chase and Joy.
(c) Only Joy.
(d) Nickerson and Joy.
5. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
2. How many men are in the small boat when it is first mentioned in the preface?
3. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
4. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
5. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)