Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is land finally spotted at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) December 18.
(b) December 16.
(c) December 17.
(d) December 19.
2. Why does Joy request to be transferred to the captain's boat when he is close to dying?
(a) There is a doctor on the captain's boat.
(b) To die next to the captain.
(c) The captain's boat has more food.
(d) To die among Nantucketers.
3. How far away are the Marquesas from where the crew is in Chapter 6?
(a) Twelve hundred miles.
(b) One thousand miles.
(c) Two thousand miles.
(d) Twenty- two hundred miles.
4. Unknown to the crew in Chapter 9, how many miles away from the island is a community with food and water?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
5. What do the men in Chase's boat discover attached to the bottom of it on December 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the other seventy Nantucket whale ships, how is the Essex considered?
2. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
3. Where do the men sleep during their first night on the island in Chapter 9?
4. What is the crew hoping for as they enter the Offshore Grounds?
5. On what day does Pollard reach St. Mary's Island?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)