Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
(a) They have run out of the freshwater.
(b) They are in the sun for long periods of time.
(c) They are spending energy repairing their boat.
(d) They are eating saltwater-damaged bread.
2. What is the first concern that the men have about the island they find?
(a) It might be inhabited.
(b) It might be deserted.
(c) It might not have water.
(d) It might not have food.
3. How much does the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5 weigh?
(a) Eighty tons.
(b) Fifty tons.
(c) Seventy tons.
(d) Sixty tons.
4. Which one of the following is not something that Chase does in order to guard the provisions?
(a) He transfers them to his chest.
(b) He threatens to decrease the portions for anyone that has too much.
(c) He puts an arm or leg across them as he sleeps.
(d) He sleeps with a loaded pistol.
5. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far have the men rescued by the Dauphin been sailing at the end of the Preface?
2. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
3. When does Pollard's boat disappear in Chapter 8?
4. What do the men do in order to prevent water from splashing over the edges of the remaining boats?
5. What day does Richard Peterson choose to die?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)