Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
2. Which one of the Galapagos Islands is the crew of the Essex on when they discover a leak in the ship?
(a) Tower Island.
(b) Barrington Island.
(c) Hood Island.
(d) Culpepper Island.
3. What time does Chase order the men to prepare the ship for whaling in Chapter 2?
(a) Eight a.m.
(b) Seven a.m.
(c) Six a.m.
(d) Nine a.m.
4. After having little luck off the coast of Chile, where does the Essex begin experiencing some success?
(a) Off the coast of Peru.
(b) Off the coast of Colombia.
(c) Off the coast of Uruguay.
(d) Off the coast of Argentina.
5. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
(a) Very few.
(c) An average amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
2. How long does the average hunt for a sperm whale take?
3. Whose boat had the least amount of people in it as the crew divides for its trip in Chapter 6?
4. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
5. How long does it take the whale to revive after the collision before preparing to ram the boat again?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)