|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
(a) Several months.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Several days.
2. How long does it take the Essex to round Cape Horn in Chapter 4?
(a) One hour.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
3. How do Pollard and Chase react to the way the men take the Essex out to sea?
(a) They are proud.
(b) They are embarrassed.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are amused.
4. How long does it take the whale to revive after the collision before preparing to ram the boat again?
(a) Less than a minute.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Three minutes.
(d) One minute.
5. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
(a) One foot.
(b) One mile.
(c) Ten feet.
(d) Ten miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far off the coast of New England is Nantucket located?
2. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
3. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
4. What is Nickerson's response to the captain's approach in introducing himself to the crew?
5. What Ecuadorian city does the Essex stop at during September in Chapter 4?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)