Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
(a) August 15.
(b) August 5.
(c) July 5.
(d) July 15.
2. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
3. Compared to the other seventy Nantucket whale ships, how is the Essex considered?
(a) New, big, and lucky.
(b) Old, small, and lucky.
(c) Old, big, and lucky.
(d) New, small, and lucky.
4. If the Essex returns with sufficient product, how much money is Thomas Nickerson expecting to make from the trip?
(a) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
5. When did English settlers begin arriving in Nantucket?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
2. What is the first thing that the captain and crew of the Dauphin notice when they see the smaller boat?
3. How are sailors paid?
4. As described in Chapter 1, what does the sighting of a comet indicate?
5. How old is Captain George Pollard, Jr. when he boards the Essex in Chapter 2?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)