|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Essex sail towards the Galapagos Islands in Chapter 4?
(a) September 12.
(b) October 22.
(c) October 2.
(d) September 22.
2. What type of rock produces a spring for the men on December 22?
(a) Large and round.
(b) Small and flat.
(c) Large and flat.
(d) Small and round.
3. After having little luck off the coast of Chile, where does the Essex begin experiencing some success?
(a) Off the coast of Uruguay.
(b) Off the coast of Peru.
(c) Off the coast of Argentina.
(d) Off the coast of Colombia.
4. What is Chase's first inclination upon arriving at the island in Chapter 9?
(a) To leave immediately.
(b) To settle on the island permanently.
(c) To settle on the island for a few weeks.
(d) To settle on the island for a few days.
5. Why is the arrival of Chase, Lawrence, and Nickerson in Nantucket unexpected in Chapter 13?
(a) A rumor had been told that they refused to return home.
(b) They are scheduled to arrive one month later.
(c) They are scheduled to arrive on a different ship.
(d) The people there are not aware of their rescue.
Short Answer Questions
1. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
2. When does Pollard's boat disappear in Chapter 8?
3. Which one of the following is not a whale ship that the Hero encounters on its way to Chile?
4. After being separated from Hendricks' boat, how far from the coast of South America is Pollard?
5. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)