|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of the day do the men observe the latitude of their trip in Chapter 10?
(a) Eight o'clock in the morning.
(d) Eight o'clock in the evening.
2. On January 26, how many men are in Chase's boat?
3. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
(a) On its side.
(b) Tail first.
(c) Head first.
(d) On its back.
4. Who persuades Pollard to sail to Chile or Peru instead of the Society Islands?
(a) No one.
(b) Only Chase.
(c) Only Joy.
(d) Chase and Joy.
5. How long does the northwesterly breeze hold for before switching to the east-northeast in Chapter 10?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
2. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
3. Whose boat had the least amount of people in it as the crew divides for its trip in Chapter 6?
4. How much can sperm whales weigh?
5. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)