|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which weapon does Pollard choose to keep for himself as Chapter 6 ends?
2. Which Chilean island is three hundred miles away from Chase's boat in Chapter 12?
(a) Easter Island.
(c) Juan Fernandez.
(d) Tierra del Fuego.
3. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
4. How many miles does it take the crew to set and trim the sails of the Essex?
(a) Less than nine.
(b) More than nine.
(c) More than ten.
(d) More than eleven.
5. What is Chase's first inclination upon arriving at the island in Chapter 9?
(a) To leave immediately.
(b) To settle on the island permanently.
(c) To settle on the island for a few weeks.
(d) To settle on the island for a few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not something that Chase does in order to guard the provisions?
2. After being rescued by the Dauphin, how many captains join Pollard for dinner at the end of Chapter 12?
3. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
4. How far off the coast of New England is Nantucket located?
5. In 1810, how many women over the age of twenty- three are widowed?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)