|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of rock produces a spring for the men on December 22?
(a) Large and flat.
(b) Large and round.
(c) Small and flat.
(d) Small and round.
2. Why does Pollard think that backtracking to the Galapagos Islands is impossible in Chapter 6?
(a) Because of the distance.
(b) Because of the wind direction.
(c) Because of the uncertainty of how to get back to them.
(d) Because of the waves around the islands.
3. How long does it take the Essex to round Cape Horn in Chapter 4?
(a) One day.
(b) One month.
(c) One hour.
(d) One week.
4. How common was cannibalism among sailors that are shipwrecked during the time the book takes place?
(a) It is widespread.
(b) It is unknown.
(c) It is never done.
(d) It is rarely done.
5. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
(a) July 15.
(b) August 5.
(c) August 15.
(d) July 5.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5 weigh?
2. What type of fish surround Chase's boat in Chapter 8?
3. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
4. What is the crew hoping for as they enter the Offshore Grounds?
5. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)