|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
(a) Four days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
2. What time is it on February 18 when Lawrence spots a sail?
(a) Seven a.m.
(b) Eight a.m.
(c) Seven p.m.
(d) Eight p.m.
3. How long does it take the Essex to round Cape Horn in Chapter 4?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One hour.
4. What day does Richard Peterson choose to die?
(a) January 17.
(b) January 18.
(c) January 20.
(d) January 19.
5. How many people are waiting for Pollard as he returns to Nantucket on August 5?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) More than fifteen hundred.
(d) Fifteen hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is land finally spotted at the end of Chapter 8?
2. How many miles west of the Galapagos is the Essex on November 2, 1820?
3. How long is it after avoiding the Society Islands in fear of cannibalism that the crew resorts to it for survival?
4. What direction do the winds blow from in the trades for seventy percent of the year?
5. What does the whale do after hitting the Essex below the anchor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)