|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
2. How many days worth of food does Chase's boat have at the start of Chapter 12?
3. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
(b) Very few.
(c) An average amount.
4. When did English settlers begin arriving in Nantucket?
5. Which ship's captain makes arrangements to rescue the remaining Essex members on Henderson Island?
(a) Two Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the officers think it will take the crew to reach either Chile or Peru?
2. Why is it difficult for the men to row in Chapter 8?
3. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
4. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
5. How many miles does it take the crew to set and trim the sails of the Essex?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)