|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the story take place in?
2. On what night do Pollard's boat and Hendricks' boat become separated?
(a) January 28.
(b) January 29.
(c) February 2.
(d) February 1.
3. Which one of the Galapagos Islands is the crew of the Essex on when they discover a leak in the ship?
(a) Hood Island.
(b) Tower Island.
(c) Culpepper Island.
(d) Barrington Island.
4. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Ten feet.
(c) One foot.
(d) One mile.
5. Which well known island is mentioned in Chapter 6 as a part of the Society Islands that the Nantucketers should have known about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
2. What is the first thing that the captain and crew of the Dauphin notice when they see the smaller boat?
3. When did English settlers begin arriving in Nantucket?
4. Who persuades Pollard to sail to Chile or Peru instead of the Society Islands?
5. When the men are close enough to attack the whale, what is used in order to pierce its vital organs?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)