|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
2. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Four hours.
3. After realizing they are too far south to reach Easter Island, how far away is the next group of islands?
(a) Eight hundred miles off the coast of Peru.
(b) Eight hundred miles off the coast of Chile.
(c) Five hundred miles off the coast of Peru.
(d) Five hundred miles off the coast of Chile.
4. What does Chase encounter at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A shark and porpoises.
(b) A shark, porpoises, and a whale.
(c) Porpoises and a whale.
(d) A shark and a whale.
5. In 1810, how many women over the age of twenty- three are widowed?
(a) Over half.
(b) Over a quarter.
(c) Almost half.
(d) Almost a quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows a sperm whale the ability to survive a head on collision with a boat?
2. In which region of Chile are Chase, Nickerson, and Lawrence on February 25?
3. What is the name of the newspaper that includes the article about the Marquesas before the ship sets sail from Nantucket?
4. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
5. What happens to Hendricks' boat on January 14?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)