|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much water do the men collect on December 23?
(a) Twenty gallons.
(b) Ten liters.
(c) Twenty liters.
(d) Ten gallons.
2. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
3. What day does Richard Peterson choose to die?
(a) January 20.
(b) January 17.
(c) January 18.
(d) January 19.
4. How long are the shifts that each man serves on watching the decks during the evenings in Chapter 2?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Two hours.
5. On what day does Pollard reach St. Mary's Island?
(a) February 23.
(b) February 21.
(c) February 22.
(d) February 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does each member of the Constellation give to the recovery of Chase, Nickerson, and Lawrence?
2. When does the Essex sail towards the Galapagos Islands in Chapter 4?
3. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
4. When did ships from Nantucket first start rounding Cape Horn?
5. When is land finally spotted at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)