|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Joy spend on the captain's boat before returning to his own boat and dying?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two hours.
2. How far have the men rescued by the Dauphin been sailing at the end of the Preface?
(a) Forty- five hundred nautical miles.
(b) Twenty- five hundred nautical miles.
(c) Fifty- five hundred nautical miles.
(d) Thirty- five hundred nautical miles.
3. How does Pollard initially respond to the suggestion of drawing a lot in Chapter 11?
(a) He threatens the person that suggests it.
(b) He is skeptical, but agrees to listen.
(c) He refuses to listen to it.
(d) He thinks that it is a good idea.
4. Which ship's captain makes arrangements to rescue the remaining Essex members on Henderson Island?
(b) Two Brothers.
5. What direction do the winds blow from in the trades for seventy percent of the year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the list of troubles that the bad weather causes for the Essex in Chapter 4?
2. What does Chase encounter at the end of Chapter 10?
3. How far away are the Marquesas from where the crew is in Chapter 6?
4. How long does it take the Essex to round Cape Horn in Chapter 4?
5. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)