|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which region of Chile are Chase, Nickerson, and Lawrence on February 25?
(c) Los Rios.
2. What does Chase encounter at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) A shark and a whale.
(b) A shark and porpoises.
(c) A shark, porpoises, and a whale.
(d) Porpoises and a whale.
3. How does Pollard initially respond to the suggestion of drawing a lot in Chapter 11?
(a) He refuses to listen to it.
(b) He threatens the person that suggests it.
(c) He thinks that it is a good idea.
(d) He is skeptical, but agrees to listen.
4. What year is it when Chapter 12 begins?
5. How long does Pollard wait before being taken home on the Two Brothers?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far have the men rescued by the Dauphin been sailing at the end of the Preface?
2. Which Chilean island is three hundred miles away from Chase's boat in Chapter 12?
3. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
4. Which of the following is not included in the list of troubles that the bad weather causes for the Essex in Chapter 4?
5. How long after the sinking of the Essex is Chase's account of the ordeal available as a book?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)