|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the Essex to round Cape Horn in Chapter 4?
(a) One week.
(b) One hour.
(c) One day.
(d) One month.
2. How much can sperm whales weigh?
(a) Twelve hundred tons.
(b) Twelve hundred pounds.
(c) Sixty tons.
(d) Six hundred pounds.
3. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
4. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
(a) Five thousand people.
(b) Eight thousand people.
(c) Seven thousand people.
(d) Six thousand people.
5. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
(a) Nantucket drag along.
(b) Nantucket pull through.
(c) Nantucket sleigh ride.
(d) Nantucket speeder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
2. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
3. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
4. How many men are in the small boat when it is first mentioned in the preface?
5. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)