|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
2. How many whaleboats are loaded onto the Essex in Chapter 1?
3. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
(a) Square shaped.
4. Which provisions does the crew of the Essex plan to purchase at the Azores?
(a) Vegetables, livestock, and weapons.
(b) Vegetables and livestock.
(c) Livestock and weapons.
(d) Vegetables and weapons.
5. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Pollard and Chase react to the way the men take the Essex out to sea?
2. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
3. What do Pollard and Daniel Russell, the captain of the Aurora, discuss in Chapter 4?
4. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
5. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)