|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when the island of St. Mary's is sighted off the coast of Chile in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
(a) Nantucket sleigh ride.
(b) Nantucket pull through.
(c) Nantucket drag along.
(d) Nantucket speeder.
3. When did English settlers begin arriving in Nantucket?
4. After stopping at the Cape Verde Islands in Chapter 3, how many spare whale boats does the Essex now have?
5. Out of twenty men who witnessed the sinking of the Essex, how many total men survived?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Essex sail towards the Galapagos Islands in Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
3. Compared to the other seventy Nantucket whale ships, how is the Essex considered?
4. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
5. Which fictional novel was inspired by the sinking of the Essex?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)