|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far off the coast of New England is Nantucket located?
(a) Thirty- four miles.
(b) Twenty- four miles.
(c) Forty- two miles.
(d) Forty- three miles.
2. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
3. Compared to the other seventy Nantucket whale ships, how is the Essex considered?
(a) New, small, and lucky.
(b) Old, big, and lucky.
(c) New, big, and lucky.
(d) Old, small, and lucky.
4. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
(a) Several months.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Several days.
5. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
(a) Nantucket speeder.
(b) Nantucket sleigh ride.
(c) Nantucket drag along.
(d) Nantucket pull through.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pollard and Daniel Russell, the captain of the Aurora, discuss in Chapter 4?
2. What is Nickerson's response to the captain's approach in introducing himself to the crew?
3. When did ships from Nantucket first start rounding Cape Horn?
4. When does the Essex sail towards the Galapagos Islands in Chapter 4?
5. In what year does the story take place in?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)