|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Sixteen years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
2. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
3. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
(a) Tail first.
(b) Head first.
(c) On its back.
(d) On its side.
4. If the Essex returns with sufficient product, how much money is Thomas Nickerson expecting to make from the trip?
(a) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(b) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
5. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
Short Answer Questions
1. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
2. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
3. How long does it take the crew of the Essex to kill eleven whales in Chapter 4?
4. When does the loading of the Essex begin?
5. In what year does the story take place in?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)