|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many masts does the Essex have as it sets sail in Chapter 2?
2. Which provisions does the crew of the Essex plan to purchase at the Azores?
(a) Livestock and weapons.
(b) Vegetables, livestock, and weapons.
(c) Vegetables and weapons.
(d) Vegetables and livestock.
3. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
(b) Square shaped.
4. When did English settlers begin arriving in Nantucket?
5. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Several days.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Several months.
Short Answer Questions
1. After having little luck off the coast of Chile, where does the Essex begin experiencing some success?
2. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
3. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
4. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
5. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)