Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being damaged in the storm, who encourages Pollard to continue with the trip instead of returning to Nantucket?
(a) Chase and Joy.
(b) Only Chase.
(c) Nickerson and Joy.
(d) Only Joy.
2. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
(a) He has over ten years of experience.
(b) He is a novice.
(c) This is his third whaling trip.
(d) This is his fourth whaling trip.
3. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
4. What do Pollard and Daniel Russell, the captain of the Aurora, discuss in Chapter 4?
(a) The discovery of other whaling boats off the coast.
(b) The discovery of a new whaling ground.
(c) The remaining time of the Aurora's trip.
(d) The remaining time of the Essex's trip.
5. What surprises Nickerson about Chase while they are on the sea?
(a) Chase does not appear to understand how a ship works.
(b) Chase has a mild-mannered approach to assigning tasks.
(c) Chase uses force to see that his orders are followed.
(d) Chase does not talk to anyone but the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much can sperm whales weigh?
2. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
3. Which one of the Galapagos Islands is the crew of the Essex on when they discover a leak in the ship?
4. What shape are the sails of the Essex?
5. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)