|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood of the men on November 26?
2. After stopping at the Cape Verde Islands in Chapter 3, how many spare whale boats does the Essex now have?
3. What do the men in Chase's boat discover attached to the bottom of it on December 14?
4. As described in Chapter 1, what does the sighting of a comet indicate?
(a) Something horrible is going to happen.
(b) There will be good weather for the next month.
(c) There will be good weather for the next year.
(d) Something unusual is going to happen.
5. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
(a) On its back.
(b) Tail first.
(c) On its side.
(d) Head first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
2. What does the whale do after hitting the Essex below the anchor in Chapter 5?
3. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
4. What type of whale attacks Pollard's boat in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Chase hesitate to attack the giant whale when it resurfaces on the starboard after the collision?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)