|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
(b) Very few.
(c) An average amount.
2. How much does the huge whale that appears off the port bow in Chapter 5 weigh?
(a) Eighty tons.
(b) Seventy tons.
(c) Sixty tons.
(d) Fifty tons.
3. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
(a) Six slices of bread.
(b) Eight slices of cheese.
(c) Six slices of cheese.
(d) Eight slices of bread.
4. How old is Thomas Nickerson when he first boards the Essex?
(a) Sixteen years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
5. How many miles west of the Galapagos is the Essex on November 2, 1820?
(a) Less than five hundred.
(b) Over two thousand.
(c) Over a thousand.
(d) Five hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
2. How long does it take the whale to revive after the collision before preparing to ram the boat again?
3. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
4. As the frustrations grow on the Essex, what complaint do the men bring to Pollard at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What do the men in Chase's boat discover attached to the bottom of it on December 14?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)