|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people live in Nantucket in 1819?
(a) Six thousand people.
(b) Five thousand people.
(c) Eight thousand people.
(d) Seven thousand people.
2. How long does it take the whale to revive after the collision before preparing to ram the boat again?
(a) One minute.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Less than a minute.
(d) Three minutes.
3. How do the other men try to locate Pollard's boat after it disappears?
(a) They return to the last place they saw Pollard.
(b) They shoot flares.
(c) They call out.
(d) They retrace the route that Pollard was on.
4. If the Essex returns with sufficient product, how much money is Thomas Nickerson expecting to make from the trip?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Two hundred and fifty dollars.
5. How much water is each man given per day as the crew attempts to make it to land in Chapter 7?
(a) A pint.
(b) Three-quarters of a pint.
(c) A quarter pint.
(d) A half pint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
2. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
3. When do the men attempt to row out of the winds in Chapter 8?
4. Which of the following is not included in the list of supplies that are loaded onto the Essex as it prepares for the journey in Chapter 1?
5. What causes Chase's boat to get a hole in it as they approach another whale on November 20?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)