|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction does the wind shift, allowing the boats to sail towards Peru?
2. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
(a) One mile.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Ten feet.
(d) One foot.
3. Due to starvation and lack of clothes, what illness are the men vulnerable to in the cold rain?
4. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
5. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
(a) He is a novice.
(b) This is his third whaling trip.
(c) This is his fourth whaling trip.
(d) He has over ten years of experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What discovery does the crew make on November 26?
2. What is the mood of the men on November 26?
3. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
4. How much evidence of favoritism is there by the Nantucketers in ensuring their survival?
5. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)