|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How common was cannibalism among sailors that are shipwrecked during the time the book takes place?
(a) It is unknown.
(b) It is rarely done.
(c) It is never done.
(d) It is widespread.
2. On January 26, how many men are in Chase's boat?
3. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Fourteen hundred and eighty miles.
(b) One thousand one hundred miles.
(c) Eight hundred and forty miles.
(d) Two thousand and one hundred miles.
4. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
(a) On its back.
(b) On its side.
(c) Tail first.
(d) Head first.
5. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
(a) They have run out of the freshwater.
(b) They are in the sun for long periods of time.
(c) They are spending energy repairing their boat.
(d) They are eating saltwater-damaged bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
2. Who is the first person chosen at the end of Chapter 11 when the lot is drawn?
3. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
4. When the men are close enough to attack the whale, what is used in order to pierce its vital organs?
5. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)