|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
(a) One mile.
(b) Ten feet.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) One foot.
3. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
(a) He has over ten years of experience.
(b) This is his fourth whaling trip.
(c) He is a novice.
(d) This is his third whaling trip.
4. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
5. What type of whale attacks Pollard's boat in Chapter 7?
(a) Killer whale.
(b) Blue whale.
(c) Sperm whale.
(d) Humpback whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what night do Pollard's boat and Hendricks' boat become separated?
2. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
3. Which direction is Chase's boat floating in Chapter 11?
4. On January 26, how many men are in Chase's boat?
5. How common was cannibalism among sailors that are shipwrecked during the time the book takes place?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)