|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What type of whale attacks Pollard's boat in Chapter 7?
(a) Killer whale.
(b) Sperm whale.
(c) Blue whale.
(d) Humpback whale.
3. How common was cannibalism among sailors that are shipwrecked during the time the book takes place?
(a) It is unknown.
(b) It is rarely done.
(c) It is never done.
(d) It is widespread.
4. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
(a) A mate and a boat steerer.
(b) A mate and oarsmen.
(c) A boatsteerer and oarsmen.
(d) A mate, a boat steerer, and oarsmen.
5. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
(a) Six slices of bread.
(b) Eight slices of bread.
(c) Six slices of cheese.
(d) Eight slices of cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pollard initially respond to the suggestion of drawing a lot in Chapter 11?
2. Who is the first person chosen at the end of Chapter 11 when the lot is drawn?
3. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
4. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
5. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)