|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crew hoping for as they enter the Offshore Grounds?
(a) Stronger winds.
(b) Weaker winds.
(c) Another whale.
(d) Another whale ship.
2. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Two thousand and one hundred miles.
(b) One thousand one hundred miles.
(c) Eight hundred and forty miles.
(d) Fourteen hundred and eighty miles.
3. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
(a) They throw their provisions overboard.
(b) They attempt to punch the whale.
(c) They jump overboard.
(d) They attempt to stab the whale.
4. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
5. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
(a) Tail first.
(b) On its back.
(c) Head first.
(d) On its side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of the men on November 26?
2. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
3. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
5. How many whale boats does the crew of the Essex lose after the first encounter with two whales in Chapter 3?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)