|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in Pollard's boat towards the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Coffin, Ramsdell, and Ray.
(b) Ray and Ramsdell, but not Coffin.
(c) Coffin and Ramsdell, but not Ray.
(d) Coffin and Ray, but not Ramsdell.
2. How much water is each man given per day as the crew attempts to make it to land in Chapter 7?
(a) A quarter pint.
(b) A pint.
(c) Three-quarters of a pint.
(d) A half pint.
3. As the frustrations grow on the Essex, what complaint do the men bring to Pollard at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) More chores on the ship.
(b) Smaller food portions.
(c) Unfair treatment by the first and second mate.
(d) Less sleep time.
4. What is the crew hoping for as they enter the Offshore Grounds?
(a) Another whale.
(b) Weaker winds.
(c) Another whale ship.
(d) Stronger winds.
5. How many whale boats does the crew of the Essex lose after the first encounter with two whales in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which direction is Chase's boat floating in Chapter 11?
2. What is the mood of the men on November 26?
3. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
5. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)