|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crew hoping for as they enter the Offshore Grounds?
(a) Another whale ship.
(b) Stronger winds.
(c) Weaker winds.
(d) Another whale.
2. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
(a) They are in the sun for long periods of time.
(b) They are spending energy repairing their boat.
(c) They are eating saltwater-damaged bread.
(d) They have run out of the freshwater.
3. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
(a) Six slices of bread.
(b) Six slices of cheese.
(c) Eight slices of bread.
(d) Eight slices of cheese.
4. Who is the first person chosen at the end of Chapter 11 when the lot is drawn?
5. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much water is each man given per day as the crew attempts to make it to land in Chapter 7?
2. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
3. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
4. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Where is the first whale spotted in Chapter 3?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)