|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being separated from Hendricks' boat, how far from the coast of South America is Pollard?
(a) Twenty five hundred miles.
(b) Fifteen hundred miles.
(c) One thousand miles.
(d) Two thousand miles.
2. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
(a) Six slices of bread.
(b) Eight slices of cheese.
(c) Eight slices of bread.
(d) Six slices of cheese.
3. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
(a) They jump overboard.
(b) They throw their provisions overboard.
(c) They attempt to stab the whale.
(d) They attempt to punch the whale.
4. How long is it after avoiding the Society Islands in fear of cannibalism that the crew resorts to it for survival?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
5. What discovery does the crew make on November 26?
(a) They are sailing parallel to South America.
(b) They are sailing towards South America.
(c) They sailed past South America.
(d) They are very close to South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
2. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
3. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
4. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
5. How much evidence of favoritism is there by the Nantucketers in ensuring their survival?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)