|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
(a) They have run out of the freshwater.
(b) They are spending energy repairing their boat.
(c) They are in the sun for long periods of time.
(d) They are eating saltwater-damaged bread.
2. How common was cannibalism among sailors that are shipwrecked during the time the book takes place?
(a) It is widespread.
(b) It is rarely done.
(c) It is never done.
(d) It is unknown.
3. What discovery does the crew make on November 26?
(a) They are sailing parallel to South America.
(b) They are very close to South America.
(c) They sailed past South America.
(d) They are sailing towards South America.
4. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
(a) Very few.
(b) An average amount.
5. How much water is each man given per day as the crew attempts to make it to land in Chapter 7?
(a) Three-quarters of a pint.
(b) A pint.
(c) A half pint.
(d) A quarter pint.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction does the wind shift, allowing the boats to sail towards Peru?
2. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
3. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
4. On January 26, how many men are in Chase's boat?
5. After being separated from Hendricks' boat, how far from the coast of South America is Pollard?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)