|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
(a) They are spending energy repairing their boat.
(b) They have run out of the freshwater.
(c) They are in the sun for long periods of time.
(d) They are eating saltwater-damaged bread.
2. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
(a) Nantucket pull through.
(b) Nantucket speeder.
(c) Nantucket sleigh ride.
(d) Nantucket drag along.
3. How long is it in between whale sightings in Chapter 3?
(a) Several months.
(b) Several hours.
(c) Several days.
(d) Several weeks.
4. Who is in Pollard's boat towards the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Ray and Ramsdell, but not Coffin.
(b) Coffin, Ramsdell, and Ray.
(c) Coffin and Ramsdell, but not Ray.
(d) Coffin and Ray, but not Ramsdell.
5. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the men are close enough to attack the whale, what is used in order to pierce its vital organs?
2. What is the mood of the men on November 26?
3. What is the crew hoping for as they enter the Offshore Grounds?
4. In what direction does the wind shift, allowing the boats to sail towards Peru?
5. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)