|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
(a) He is a novice.
(b) This is his third whaling trip.
(c) This is his fourth whaling trip.
(d) He has over ten years of experience.
2. What is the mood of the men on November 26?
3. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
(a) Very few.
(b) An average amount.
4. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
(a) They are in the sun for long periods of time.
(b) They have run out of the freshwater.
(c) They are eating saltwater-damaged bread.
(d) They are spending energy repairing their boat.
5. In what direction does the wind shift, allowing the boats to sail towards Peru?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
2. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. Who is the first person chosen at the end of Chapter 11 when the lot is drawn?
4. As described in Chapter 3, what does each whale boat contain?
5. What is the equivalent of the amount of food that each man is given in order to ration it for the trip?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)