|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discovery does the crew make on November 26?
(a) They are sailing towards South America.
(b) They are very close to South America.
(c) They sailed past South America.
(d) They are sailing parallel to South America.
2. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
(a) This is his third whaling trip.
(b) He has over ten years of experience.
(c) He is a novice.
(d) This is his fourth whaling trip.
3. How many whale boats does the crew of the Essex lose after the first encounter with two whales in Chapter 3?
4. In what direction does the wind shift, allowing the boats to sail towards Peru?
5. Which direction is Chase's boat floating in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
2. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
3. How much water is each man given per day as the crew attempts to make it to land in Chapter 7?
4. How much evidence of favoritism is there by the Nantucketers in ensuring their survival?
5. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)