|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
(a) They jump overboard.
(b) They attempt to punch the whale.
(c) They attempt to stab the whale.
(d) They throw their provisions overboard.
2. Due to starvation and lack of clothes, what illness are the men vulnerable to in the cold rain?
3. How many whale boats does the crew of the Essex lose after the first encounter with two whales in Chapter 3?
4. As the frustrations grow on the Essex, what complaint do the men bring to Pollard at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Unfair treatment by the first and second mate.
(b) Less sleep time.
(c) More chores on the ship.
(d) Smaller food portions.
5. What is the mood of the men on November 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his first whale kill, how many large mammals did Nickerson kill on Nantucket?
2. Which direction is Chase's boat floating in Chapter 11?
3. How experienced is Benjamin Lawrence in harpooning whales?
4. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)