|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
(a) Nantucket drag along.
(b) Nantucket sleigh ride.
(c) Nantucket pull through.
(d) Nantucket speeder.
2. How far away in sailing distance from the Essex is the Offshore Ground in Chapter 7?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five days.
3. Which direction is Chase's boat floating in Chapter 11?
4. What is the mood of the men on November 26?
5. On what night do Pollard's boat and Hendricks' boat become separated?
(a) February 1.
(b) February 2.
(c) January 28.
(d) January 29.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being separated from Hendricks' boat, how far from the coast of South America is Pollard?
2. Who is the first person chosen at the end of Chapter 11 when the lot is drawn?
3. How is the whale towed back to the ship after it is killed in Chapter 3?
4. In what direction does the wind shift, allowing the boats to sail towards Peru?
5. On January 26, how many men are in Chase's boat?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)