|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much evidence of favoritism is there by the Nantucketers in ensuring their survival?
(a) Very little.
(b) A substantial amount.
(d) A moderate amount.
2. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
(a) One foot.
(b) Ten feet.
(c) One mile.
(d) Ten miles.
3. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Eight hundred and forty miles.
(b) Fourteen hundred and eighty miles.
(c) Two thousand and one hundred miles.
(d) One thousand one hundred miles.
4. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
(a) They jump overboard.
(b) They attempt to punch the whale.
(c) They attempt to stab the whale.
(d) They throw their provisions overboard.
5. Who is the first person chosen at the end of Chapter 11 when the lot is drawn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Pollard's boat towards the end of Chapter 11?
2. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. After being separated from Hendricks' boat, how far from the coast of South America is Pollard?
4. How much water is each man given per day as the crew attempts to make it to land in Chapter 7?
5. When the men are close enough to attack the whale, what is used in order to pierce its vital organs?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)