One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the thirst of the men on Chase's boat to become even worse in Chapter 7?
(a) They are spending energy repairing their boat.
(b) They are in the sun for long periods of time.
(c) They are eating saltwater-damaged bread.
(d) They have run out of the freshwater.
2. After seventeen days in the boats, how far have the men sailed at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Two thousand and one hundred miles.
(b) Eight hundred and forty miles.
(c) One thousand one hundred miles.
(d) Fourteen hundred and eighty miles.
3. What is the crew hoping for as they enter the Offshore Grounds?
(a) Another whale ship.
(b) Weaker winds.
(c) Stronger winds.
(d) Another whale.
4. What type of whale attacks Pollard's boat in Chapter 7?
(a) Blue whale.
(b) Humpback whale.
(c) Killer whale.
(d) Sperm whale.
5. Whose idea is it to stop keeping track of the longitude in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away from the first whale sighted do the men position themselves in the boats?
2. What is the name given to the event of a harpooned whale dragging a boat at high speeds?
3. How do the men on Pollard's boat respond to the whale's attack?
4. How much water is each man given per day as the crew attempts to make it to land in Chapter 7?
5. How many days has it been since Pollard and Hendricks have lost sight of Chase's boat in the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)