1. In what year does the story take place in?
2. As described in the Preface, in which ocean are the whales hunted?
3. According to the Preface, what is the primary reason for whale hunting?
4. How many men normally would attempt to approach, harpoon, and kill the whale?
5. How much can sperm whales weigh?
(a) Twelve hundred tons.
(b) Six hundred pounds.
(c) Sixty tons.
(d) Twelve hundred pounds.
6. How far off the coast of New England is Nantucket located?
(a) Forty- two miles.
(b) Twenty- four miles.
(c) Forty- three miles.
(d) Thirty- four miles.
7. On which country's coast is the Dauphin traveling when it spots the smaller boat?
8. What is the first thing that the captain and crew of the Dauphin notice when they see the smaller boat?
(a) A fire.
(b) The men on the ship.
(c) The bones on the ship.
(d) A flag.
This section contains 4,799 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)