|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose biography did William E. Dodd write?
(a) President Taft.
(b) President Washington.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) President Wilson.
2. When did William E. Dodd boarded the ship for Germany?
(a) July 21, 1933.
(b) July 2, 1933.
(c) July 22, 1933.
(d) July 12, 1933.
3. Who was president of Germany when Dodd took office?
(d) von Papen.
4. Where did Joseph Schachno live according to the Introduction?
5. What was George Gordon's position?
(a) Counselor of the embassy.
(b) SAS chief.
(c) Embassy security chief.
(d) Public relations chief.
6. How did Martha see Hitler according to Chapter 5?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) A charismatic man.
(c) As a clown.
(d) A normal leader.
7. How did George S. Messersmith feel in his campaign?
(a) Supported by the Ambassador.
(b) Supported by the State Department.
(c) Supported by the Amrican public.
8. When did the Introduction take place?
9. What was Bella Fromm's position?
(a) She was a writer.
(b) She was a German interpreter.
(c) She was a journalist.
(d) She was a receptionist.
10. What building was Joseph Schachno visiting at the start of the Introduction?
(a) His home.
(b) Police headquarters.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The American Consulate.
11. When was Chapter 1 taking place?
12. Where was Joseph Schachno's skin flayed?
(a) On his legs.
(b) On his face.
(c) On most of his body.
(d) On his back.
13. What was crucial for William E. Dodd to do in Germany according to Chapter 4?
(a) Prevent Hitler from killing Hindenburg.
(b) Prevent Hitler from persecuting the Jews.
(c) Prevent Hitler from building an army.
(d) Prevent a moratorium by Germany on its debt.
14. Where was Edgar Mowrer transferred to in Chapter 9?
(c) Washington, D.C.
15. What was William E. Dodd urged to tell Hitler?
(a) That Russia didn't want war.
(b) That Germany will not accept interference from the U.S.
(c) That the Jews of Germany supported the government.
(d) That public opinion had turned against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Frederic M. Sackett leave his post as U.S. Ambassador in Germany?
2. What were Martha and many Americans according to Chapter 5?
3. What was Messersmith's opinion of Ernst Hanfstaengl?
4. What did Messersmith know the new Ambassador had to have?
5. What was one of Franklin D. Roosevelt's most difficult jobs after being elected according to Chapter 2?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)