|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing that Hitler and his men understood, according to Messersmith?
2. What did William E. Dodd want to stay out of according to Chapter 5?
(a) Hitler's relations with the British.
(b) Hitler's relations with the French .
(c) Hitler's relations with the Jews.
(d) Hitler's relations with the Soviet Union.
3. What was the Tiergarten an answer to?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) Central Park.
(d) The U.S. Navy command building.
4. Who did Schachno flee his home with after he was beaten?
(a) His children.
(b) His mother.
(d) His wife.
5. Who did William E. Dodd meet with before going to Germany?
(a) A group of Jewish leaders.
(b) A group of diplomats.
(c) A group of Generals.
(d) A group of politicians.
6. What building was Joseph Schachno visiting at the start of the Introduction?
(a) Police headquarters.
(b) His home.
(c) The American Consulate.
(d) The hospital.
7. What were the Storm Troopers part of?
(a) The Gestapo.
(b) The SS.
(c) The Reich Police.
(d) The SAS.
8. What did people in America think of the treatment of the Jews by Germany?
(a) They thought the reports were underestimating the problem.
(b) They thought reports were exaggerated.
(c) They were happy.
(d) They were appalled.
9. What proof did the uniformed men have of Joseph Schachno's crime?
(a) A meeting he had.
(b) A phone call he recieved.
(c) A letter he wrote.
10. Where was Schachno beaten?
(a) In a local church.
(b) At the uniformed men's headquarters.
(c) In the street.
(d) In his house.
11. Where did Schachno go on his way to returning to the U.S?
12. What was William E. Dodd urged to tell Hitler?
(a) That public opinion had turned against him.
(b) That Russia didn't want war.
(c) That Germany will not accept interference from the U.S.
(d) That the Jews of Germany supported the government.
13. What was Mildred Fish Harnack a representative of?
(a) American Women's Club.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Nazi Party of America.
(d) The Republican party.
14. What was Joseph Schachno's profession?
15. When did William E. Dodd reach Germany?
(a) July 13, 1933.
(b) July 30, 1933.
(c) July 3, 1933.
(d) July 23, 1933.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bella Fromm's position?
2. What was Martha calling what Sigrid called deterioration?
3. What did Konstantin Neurath think he could do?
4. What did Messersmith know the new Ambassador had to have?
5. How old was William E. Dodd at the start of Chapter 1?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)