|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1934, Part V: Disquiet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Marinus van der Lubbe sentenced according to Chapter 28?
(a) January 30, 1934.
(b) January 9, 1934.
(c) January 19, 1934.
(d) January 29, 1934.
2. Why did the new Ambassador vow to lead a modest life in Berlin?
(a) He wanted to impress Hitler.
(b) He wanted to save money for his retirement.
(c) He wanted to teach a lesson to his children.
(d) In support of his fellow Americans hit by the Depression.
3. What was Rudolph Diels' position?
(a) Reich Police Chief.
(b) Foreign Press Chief.
(c) Gestapo chief.
(d) Goering Chief of staff.
4. What was George S. Messersmith's campaign?
(a) Try to befriend Hitler to avoid war.
(b) Warn the world about Hitler.
(c) Protect the Jews of Germany.
(d) Get American investments for Germany.
5. Who did Boris ridicule?
(b) Those ready to die for their beliefs.
(d) Women and girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dodd surprised to see in every town and village according to Chapter 11?
2. What was William E. Dodd's position according to Chapter 1?
3. What were Martha and Rudolf Diels' marital status when they started seeing each other?
4. What proof did the uniformed men have of Joseph Schachno's crime?
5. Why did Baroness Poulette von Huhn lose her job as a columnist?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)