|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what port does Håkan's ship finally dock once it reaches the United States?
(a) New York City.
(b) San Francisco.
2. A number of blocks into Håkan's walk into a town, the people begin to behave in what new way?
(a) They begin to stare at him.
(b) They begin to seek refuge from him.
(c) They begin to arm themselves.
(d) They begin to chatter incessantly.
3. Håkan strikes "eastward as" what season again comes "to an end" (161)?
4. Which member of the Brennan family is the first to find Håkan in a terrible state on the ship?
5. James Brennan's mine is located nearby what body of water?
(a) A river.
(b) A hot spring.
(c) A stream.
(d) A creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Håkan's body act as the only part that reminds him of his former self?
2. How long after Håkan's parting from Lorimer does Pingo become ill?
3. The sheriff announces that Håkan will undergo what punishment for his crimes after being paraded through the countryside?
4. When Håkan regains consciousness after his period of feverish wandering, he finds himself in what state inside a covered wagon?
5. What type of weather does the narrator state happens sometimes and is "always a miracle" (105)?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)