|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A convoy from what location arrives in order to threaten the Brennans if they do not give up their mine and flee?
(c) Kansas City.
(d) San Francisco.
2. In Chapter 7, Håkan and the rest of the convoy begin to cross what type of natural feature?
(a) A bay.
(b) A desert.
(c) A river.
(d) A swamp.
3. Toward what location does Lorimer travel when he parts ways with Håkan?
(a) San Francisco.
4. Håkan fears that what element will result in the deaths of the convoy members?
(a) Attacks from Native Americans.
5. What substance does Håkan use to protect his skin from the sun?
(a) Dried blood.
(b) Dried leaves.
(c) Dried mud.
(d) Dried jerky.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman who takes Håkan as a sex slave also spends a great deal of time engaged in what activity with him?
2. Who is the first person in the narrative to call Håkan by the name of "Hawk" (31)?
3. What kind of expedition do the Brennans launch when they get to the United States?
4. Which member of the Brennan family makes a map of the United States and gives it to Håkan?
5. Håkan finds out from a sailor that the land he sees from the ship is part of what location?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)