|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel's prologue depicts a group of men aboard a ship with what name?
(a) The Unsinkable.
(b) The Impeccable.
(c) The Unpredictable.
(d) The Unspeakable.
2. Håkan and his brother Linus use what type of abandoned structures as places to play?
(c) Bomb shelters.
3. Which member of the Brennan family is the first to find Håkan in a terrible state on the ship?
4. What type of animal does Erik sell in order to pay Linus and Håkan's fare to America?
(a) A goat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A colt.
(d) A hog.
5. The Brennans are surprised by what aspect of the prices they encounter once on land?
(a) How low they are.
(b) How they differ according to the method of payment used.
(c) How high they are.
(d) How often they fluctuate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator refers to the man at the head of the nefarious convoy by using what term?
2. A convoy from what location arrives in order to threaten the Brennans if they do not give up their mine and flee?
3. The woman who takes Håkan as a sex slave also spends a great deal of time engaged in what activity with him?
4. The prologue of In the Distance takes place in the same time frame as what other section of the novel?
5. The prologue takes place on a ship near what location?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)