Prologue and Chapters 1-4
1. In what century is the novel In the Distance set?
(a) The 18th.
(b) The 19th.
(c) The 21st.
(d) The 20th.
2. The novel's prologue depicts a group of men aboard a ship with what name?
(a) The Impeccable.
(b) The Unpredictable.
(c) The Unsinkable.
(d) The Unspeakable.
3. The men in the prologue are aboard what type of ship?
(a) A freight schooner.
(b) A commercial liner.
(c) A passenger schooner.
(d) A passenger liner.
4. What element of weather leads to the men's predicament of being stranded?
5. The prologue takes place on a ship near what location?
6. The prologue of In the Distance takes place in the same time frame as what other section of the novel?
(a) The end of the novel.
(b) The epilogue.
(c) The epigraph.
(d) The 14th chapter.
7. In what country is Håkan born?
8. Which two sons in Håkan's family die from illness?
(a) The two youngest.
(b) The middle and the youngest.
(c) The two eldest.
(d) The youngest and the eldest.
This section contains 4,367 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)