|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political figure does Abbott say he feels close to?
2. What does Abbott claim every Communist revolution brings the world closer to?
3. What does Abbott say is a barrier to intelligence?
4. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
5. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say about Stendhal's novel, THE RED AND THE BLACK?
2. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
3. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
4. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
5. Why does Abbott liken the prison system to liking a dog?
6. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
7. What does Abbott say about simple things?
8. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
9. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
10. Why does Abbott think Vietnam veterans should feel shame for their part in the Vietnam War?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Abbott think is wrong with America? In what way could his views be described as limited? Is there any validity to his claims?
Essay Topic 2
In what could it be said that Abbott is institutionalized? What diffferent view does this give Abbott on life? What do you think society could from Abbott's views?
Essay Topic 3
Why did so many people in American prisons take up the principles of Communism? How did the Communists take adavantage of this?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)