|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott question about Gilmore?
2. How does Abbott claim guards instigate violence in prison?
3. What does Abbot say Americans love?
4. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
5. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott believe is his higher calling?
2. Why does Abbott say he admires Russia?
3. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
4. What is Abbott's opinion on freedom?
5. Why does Abbott think Vietnam veterans should feel shame for their part in the Vietnam War?
6. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
7. What does Abbot state are his reasons for taking heroin and marijuana?
8. What does Abbott think Cuba needs?
9. Why does Abbott not like the prisoner who denounces sex, drink and drugs?
10. What does Abbott say about American justice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Gary Gilmore and why does Abbott talk about him in his letters? Why does Abbott feel able to distance himself from Gilmore's crimes and beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does power play a big part in prison relationships? How has Abbott managed to maintain his own power and what does this say about how prison has molded him as a person?^
Essay Topic 3
Why did so many people in American prisons take up the principles of Communism? How did the Communists take adavantage of this?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)