|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he can't understand about Gilmore?
2. What is the name of Mailer's book about a true crime?
3. Who does Abbott say American democracy is slanted against?
4. What does Abbott say ex-prisoners can never get honestly?
5. What does Abbott call Cuba?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Abbott's political beliefs and how do you think these beliefs developed? Considering he has spent all his life in prison, how legitimate are Abbott's beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Why has murder become commonplace in prison? How can the authorities stop such violence occurring in prisons?
Essay Topic 3
What was Abbott's upbringing? How much was it responsible for his incarceration?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)