|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he uses heroin for?
2. What newspaper does Abbott say Marx once wrote to?
3. What does Abbott say is his wider calling?
4. What does Abbott say he is conflicted about?
5. Which country does Abbott say he admires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
2. What does Abbott say about simple things?
3. How does prison encourage racism?
4. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
5. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
6. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
7. How did Blackie try to expose the prison system?
8. Why does Abbott say he admires Russia?
9. Why does Abbott say he supports Communism?
10. How does prison blacken men's hearts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Abbott's political beliefs and how do you think these beliefs developed? Considering he has spent all his life in prison, how legitimate are Abbott's beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
What is the human element in religion? Why can Abbott never believe in God despite his respect for people that do?
Essay Topic 3
Why has murder become commonplace in prison? How can the authorities stop such violence occurring in prisons?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)