|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he is conflicted about?
2. What political system attracts Abbott?
3. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
4. What does Abbott say is the only force which opposes race theory of humanity?
5. What did Marx say in his letter was ineffective?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say about Stendhal's novel, THE RED AND THE BLACK?
2. How does prison encourage racism?
3. Why does Abbott think Vietnam veterans should feel shame for their part in the Vietnam War?
4. What does Abbott say about Communist revolution?
5. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
6. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
7. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
8. What does Abbott say about simple things?
9. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
10. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does power play a big part in prison relationships? How has Abbott managed to maintain his own power and what does this say about how prison has molded him as a person?^
Essay Topic 2
What does Abbott think is wrong with America? In what way could his views be described as limited? Is there any validity to his claims?
Essay Topic 3
Why did so many people in American prisons take up the principles of Communism? How did the Communists take adavantage of this?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)