|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marx say in his letter was ineffective?
2. What does Abbot say Americans love?
3. What was the name of the criminal Mailer wrote about in the Executioner's Song?
4. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
5. What does Abbott claim has been robbed from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
2. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
3. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
4. What was the third racist incident Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
5. What does Abbot state are his reasons for taking heroin and marijuana?
6. What is Abbott's opinion of American society?
7. Why does Abbott say he supports Communism?
8. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
9. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
10. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Marx's view on capital punishment? What examples can you think of that either go against or back up his claim? What are your own opinions on capital punishment?
Essay Topic 2
What is the human element in religion? Why can Abbott never believe in God despite his respect for people that do?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Abbott refuse to give into the authorities? How does it affect his time in prison and his chances of release?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)