|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Abbott escape to?
2. What do guards look upon prisoners as?
3. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
4. How did Striker kill himself?
5. What does Abbot say is the natural result of prison violence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say about revolution at the end of the chapter?
2. How did the guards treat Abbott's claustrophobia?
3. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
4. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
5. What is supersanity?
6. What does Abbott say about his early life?
7. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
8. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
9. What was Abbott's time like at the Butner North Carolina Federal Correctional Institution?
10. What happened to Striker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Abbott think rehabilitation rather than punishment is the key to curing prisoners? How could you criticize Abbott's view?
Essay Topic 2
How would Abbott cope in the outside world? How do you think conditions in prison could be changed to help socialize the inmates better?
Essay Topic 3
In what could it be said that Abbott is institutionalized? What diffferent view does this give Abbott on life? What do you think society could from Abbott's views?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)