|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
2. What does Abbott say a bull is pricked with?
3. What is a shiv?
4. What city did Abbott escape to?
5. What does Abbott call the second prisoner he recalls in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Abbot try to survive the starvation diet?
2. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
3. How did the guards treat Abbott's claustrophobia?
4. What is a punk?
5. What does Abbott say about his early life?
6. How does Abbott fight the tedium of solitary confinement?
7. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
8. Who are pigs?
9. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
10. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is supersanity? Why does Abbott think supersanity is so conducive to deep thinking?
Essay Topic 2
Why did so many people in American prisons take up the principles of Communism? How did the Communists take adavantage of this?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does power play a big part in prison relationships? How has Abbott managed to maintain his own power and what does this say about how prison has molded him as a person?^
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)