|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott condemn every government employee of the prison system as?
2. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
3. What was the only part of his body that X could move?
4. What was Abbott sent to Butner North Carolina Correctional Institute for?
5. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
2. Why does Abbott think Vietnam veterans should feel shame for their part in the Vietnam War?
3. How did Blackie try to expose the prison system?
4. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
5. What is psyche pain?
6. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
7. Why does Abbott liken the prison system to liking a dog?
8. What does Abbott say about the noise in a prison?
9. Why does Abbott think Gilmore insists on the death penalty?
10. What is the policeman mentality?
Essay Topic 1
Why has murder become commonplace in prison? How can the authorities stop such violence occurring in prisons?
Essay Topic 2
Why did so many people in American prisons take up the principles of Communism? How did the Communists take adavantage of this?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Gary Gilmore and why does Abbott talk about him in his letters? Why does Abbott feel able to distance himself from Gilmore's crimes and beliefs?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)