|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
2. What did Abbott eat in addition to his starvation diet?
3. What does Abbott do in solitary confinement just to hear something?
4. What mentality does Abbott say the guards have?
5. What is the name of the punk Abbott refers to in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abbott compare prison to a bull ring and the prisoner to a bull?
2. How does Abbott fight the tedium of solitary confinement?
3. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
4. What does Abbott say about paranoia in this chapter?
5. Who are pigs?
6. What is the policeman mentality?
7. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
8. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
9. How did Abbot try to survive the starvation diet?
10. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has reading and studying changed Abbott as a person? What kind of person do you think he would have become if he had a proper education?
Essay Topic 2
What is the human element in religion? Why can Abbott never believe in God despite his respect for people that do?
Essay Topic 3
How has prison torture affected Abbott? How have laws changed since? Why was such punishment deemed as unhelpful for the prison environment?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)