|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
2. What does Abbott say becomes reality while in solitary confinement?
3. What city did Abbott escape to?
4. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
5. What does Abbott say is the usual murder weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
2. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
3. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
4. What was Abbott's time like at the Butner North Carolina Federal Correctional Institution?
5. What is supersanity?
6. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
7. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
8. What does Abbott say about paranoia in this chapter?
9. Why is murder so common in prison?
10. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Marx's view on capital punishment? What examples can you think of that either go against or back up his claim? What are your own opinions on capital punishment?
Essay Topic 2
What does Abbott think is wrong with America? In what way could his views be described as limited? Is there any validity to his claims?
Essay Topic 3
What are Abbott's political beliefs and how do you think these beliefs developed? Considering he has spent all his life in prison, how legitimate are Abbott's beliefs?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)