|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott compare the hole to?
2. What is a prisoner given once a day as part of the C-300 punishment?
3. Who was Abbott once falsely accused of stabbing?
4. Where does Abbott say he spent his childhood?
5. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a punk?
2. Who are pigs?
3. What does Abbott say about paranoia in this chapter?
4. What happened to Abbott when he tried to run away from the juvenile center?
5. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
6. What does Abbott say about revolution at the end of the chapter?
7. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
8. Why does Abbott say Pigs are so dangerous?
9. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
10. What does Abbott say about the noise in a prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Gary Gilmore and why does Abbott talk about him in his letters? Why does Abbott feel able to distance himself from Gilmore's crimes and beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
What does Abbott think is wrong with America? In what way could his views be described as limited? Is there any validity to his claims?
Essay Topic 3
How would Abbott cope in the outside world? How do you think conditions in prison could be changed to help socialize the inmates better?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)