|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott call intelligence robbed of experience?
2. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
3. What is the worst crime one can commit while in prison?
4. What does Abbott say he was sent to prison to become?
5. What does Abbott think are treated better than people in the hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
2. What does Abbott say about Stendhal's novel, THE RED AND THE BLACK?
3. What does Abbott say about revolution at the end of the chapter?
4. What does Abbot state are his reasons for taking heroin and marijuana?
5. How did the guards treat Abbott's claustrophobia?
6. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
7. What does Abbott think about Gary Gilmore?
8. Why does Abbott consider Alexander Solzhenitsyn a traitor?
9. How does prison encourage racism?
10. What does Abbott say about his early life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the human element in religion? Why can Abbott never believe in God despite his respect for people that do?
Essay Topic 2
What is supersanity? Why does Abbott think supersanity is so conducive to deep thinking?
Essay Topic 3
How has prison torture affected Abbott? How have laws changed since? Why was such punishment deemed as unhelpful for the prison environment?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)