Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
2. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
3. What does Abbott say he suffered from for four years?
4. Who does Abbott say are the source of the guard's evil?
5. What does Abbott call all of the employees within the prison system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is supersanity?
2. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
3. How does prison encourage racism?
4. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
5. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
6. What is a punk?
7. What does Abbott say about simple things?
8. Why does Abbott think Vietnam veterans should feel shame for their part in the Vietnam War?
9. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
10. What is psyche pain?
Essay Topic 1
How has reading and studying changed Abbott as a person? What kind of person do you think he would have become if he had a proper education?
Essay Topic 2
How would Abbott cope in the outside world? How do you think conditions in prison could be changed to help socialize the inmates better?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Abbott think democracy is so slanted against black people? In what way does Communist philosophy try to do away with such prejudice?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)