|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only part of his body that X could move?
2. What does Abbott say one must fight while in the hole?
3. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
4. What is the name of the poem Abbott recites in this chapter?
5. What does Abbott believe prison controls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
2. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
3. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
4. What is psyche pain?
5. What does Abbott say about his early life?
6. How does Abbott fight the tedium of solitary confinement?
7. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
8. Why does Abbott say Pigs are so dangerous?
9. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
10. What is a punk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Abbott's upbringing? How much was it responsible for his incarceration?
Essay Topic 2
Why did so many people in American prisons take up the principles of Communism? How did the Communists take adavantage of this?
Essay Topic 3
Why has murder become commonplace in prison? How can the authorities stop such violence occurring in prisons?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)