Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
2. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
3. What does Abbott say he suffered from for four years?
4. Who does Abbott say are the source of the guard's evil?
5. What does Abbott call all of the employees within the prison system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is supersanity?
2. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
3. How does prison encourage racism?
4. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
5. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
6. What is a punk?
7. What does Abbott say about simple things?
8. Why does Abbott think Vietnam veterans should feel shame for their part in the Vietnam War?
9. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
10. What is psyche pain?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Abbott feel it is important to choose sides? What problems occur from people choosing one side over the other? Are these problems apparent in Abbott's own life?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Gary Gilmore and why does Abbott talk about him in his letters? Why does Abbott feel able to distance himself from Gilmore's crimes and beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
Why did so many people in American prisons take up the principles of Communism? How did the Communists take adavantage of this?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)