|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
2. What does Abbott compare the hole to?
3. Where does Abbott say he is marched to as a thirteen-year-old boy?
4. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
5. Who does Abbott say are the source of the guard's evil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
2. What is psyche pain?
3. Why does Abbott say Pigs are so dangerous?
4. Who are pigs?
5. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
6. What does Abbott say about his early life?
7. What is supersanity?
8. What does Abbott say about paranoia in this chapter?
9. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
10. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Abbott's political beliefs and how do you think these beliefs developed? Considering he has spent all his life in prison, how legitimate are Abbott's beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Abbott think democracy is so slanted against black people? In what way does Communist philosophy try to do away with such prejudice?
Essay Topic 3
How has reading and studying changed Abbott as a person? What kind of person do you think he would have become if he had a proper education?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)