|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott call Cuba?
(a) A pain.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A dog.
(d) An infant.
2. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
3. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) The Immoralist.
(b) Strangers on a Train.
(c) The Stranger.
(d) The Red and the Black.
4. Who runs the dance hall mentioned in #152?
5. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
(a) He believes in the next life.
(b) He bears an inner guilt.
(c) He doesn't want to go to prison.
(d) He hates himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abbott say he would like to understand Gilmore?
2. What drug does Abbott say helps him to think about philosophical matters?
3. What does Abbott say America can steal from a person?
4. What is capital punishment said to encourage?
5. What does Abbott say happens to men's hearts in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does prison blacken men's hearts?
2. What does Abbott say about simple things?
3. What does Abbott think about Gary Gilmore?
4. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
5. Why does Abbott consider Alexander Solzhenitsyn a traitor?
6. Why does Abbott say he admires Russia?
7. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
8. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
9. What is Abbott's opinion on freedom?
10. What does Abbott believe is his higher calling?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)