|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott think it would be more humane to do to a criminal who commits violent acts?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Brainwash him.
(c) Put him into confinemnet.
(d) Chain him up in his own house.
2. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
(a) Real life.
(b) Prison life.
3. What does Abbott call Cuba?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A dog.
(c) A pain.
(d) An infant.
4. In what state was a black farmer fined for double parking?
(a) New York.
5. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) The Stranger.
(b) The Red and the Black.
(c) Strangers on a Train.
(d) The Immoralist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country does Abbott say is Cuba's master?
2. What do the guards claim happened to Blackie?
3. What does Abbott say the American prison does rather than rehabilitate?
4. What does Abbott call the problems his pen pal suffers from?
5. What does Abbott say America can steal from a person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abbott's opinion of American society?
2. How does prison encourage racism?
3. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
4. How did Blackie try to expose the prison system?
5. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
6. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
7. What does Abbott say about Stendhal's novel, THE RED AND THE BLACK?
8. What does Abbot state are his reasons for taking heroin and marijuana?
9. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
10. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)