|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country does Abbott not like to hear compared favorably with America?
2. What does Abbott say he is conflicted about?
(a) The prospect of a family.
(b) The prospect of freedom.
(c) His love for his country.
(d) Moving to another prison.
3. What does Abbott say guilt is a matter of?
(b) The heart.
(c) The mind.
(d) The state.
4. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
(b) His soul.
(c) Communist revolution.
5. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
(a) The devil.
(b) The pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town's dance hall Abbott was passing through?
2. What kind of people does Abbott say the Vietnam Veterans killed?
3. Where does Abbott say he wishes for instability?
4. Who does Abbott identify as the two Communist superpowers?
5. Whose writings does Abbott say he supports?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott believe is his higher calling?
2. Why does Abbott not like the prisoner who denounces sex, drink and drugs?
3. Why does Abbott say he supports Communism?
4. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
5. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
6. What is Abbott's opinion on freedom?
7. What does Abbott say about simple things?
8. What does Abbott say about Communist revolution?
9. Why does Abbott liken the prison system to liking a dog?
10. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)