|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prison system Solzyhenitsyn exposed?
2. Who does Abbott say beat him up outside the dance hall in #152?
(a) A group of black men.
(b) A group of mormons.
(c) A group of businessmen.
(d) A group of sailors.
3. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
(a) He believes in the next life.
(b) He doesn't want to go to prison.
(c) He hates himself.
(d) He bears an inner guilt.
4. What political figure does Abbott say he feels close to?
5. What does Abbott think it would be more humane to do to a criminal who commits violent acts?
(a) Brainwash him.
(b) Torture him.
(c) Chain him up in his own house.
(d) Put him into confinemnet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the criminal Mailer wrote about in the Executioner's Song?
2. What does Abbott say happens to men's hearts in prison?
3. When did Blackie seize four guards as hostages?
4. Who does Abbott say China's army is composed of?
5. What kind of people does Abbott say the Vietnam Veterans killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott liken the prison system to liking a dog?
2. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
3. What does Abbott say about Stendhal's novel, THE RED AND THE BLACK?
4. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
5. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
6. What does Abbott say about Communist revolution?
7. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
8. What does Abbott think Cuba needs?
9. What does Abbott say about American justice?
10. How does prison encourage racism?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)