|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abbott say is the only place non-whites get equality?
2. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
3. What does Abbott consider Solzhenitsyn to be?
(a) A prisoner of war.
(b) A traitor to his people.
(c) A great writer.
(d) A capitalist pig.
4. What newspaper does Abbott say Marx once wrote to?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Mirror.
(c) The Chronicale.
(d) The Guardian.
5. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the police deal with the black farmer when he threatened them?
2. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
3. Which country does Abbott say he admires?
4. Who does Abbott say beat him up outside the dance hall in #152?
5. In what state was a black farmer fined for double parking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
2. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
3. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
4. Why does Abbott think Gilmore insists on the death penalty?
5. Why does Abbott liken the prison system to liking a dog?
6. Why does Abbott consider Alexander Solzhenitsyn a traitor?
7. What does Abbott believe is his higher calling?
8. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
9. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
10. How does prison encourage racism?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)