|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people does Abbott say the Vietnam Veterans killed?
(a) Doll-like people.
(b) God-fearing people.
(c) Peaceful people.
(d) Machine-like people.
2. What does Abbott say he appreciates seeing on his cell window?
(a) Rain drops.
(c) Spider webs.
3. What kind of death does Abbott say prisoners enter when they enter prison?
(a) A civil death.
(b) A slow death.
(c) A humorless death.
(d) A state death.
4. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(a) Gordon Smith.
(b) Julien Sorel.
(c) Tom Ripley.
5. What does Abbott say some prisoners are never given access to?
(c) Good food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town's dance hall Abbott was passing through?
2. What does Abbott say is his wider calling?
3. What does Abbott call Cuba?
4. What does Abbott consider Solzhenitsyn to be?
5. What does Abbott believes happens to the earliest revolutionaries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
2. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
3. How did Blackie try to expose the prison system?
4. What does Abbott think about Gary Gilmore?
5. What is Abbott's opinion of American society?
6. What does Abbott say about American justice?
7. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
8. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
9. Why does Abbott consider Alexander Solzhenitsyn a traitor?
10. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)