|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one newspaper document that happened following several executions?
(a) A communtiy wide depression.
(b) Violent acts.
(c) A community wide crime spree.
(d) A riot.
2. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
(b) The pigs.
(c) The devil.
3. Which country does Abbott not like to hear compared favorably with America?
4. What does Abbott say Americans have a hunger for?
(b) The death penalty.
(c) True crime.
5. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abbott believe killed Blackie?
2. What does Abbott say he can't understand about Gilmore?
3. What people does Abbott say are the targets in American prisons?
4. What political system attracts Abbott?
5. What did the black farmer use as a weapon against the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott say he admires Russia?
2. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
3. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
4. What is Abbott's opinion of American society?
5. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
6. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
7. Why does Abbott consider Alexander Solzhenitsyn a traitor?
8. What does Abbott say about Communist revolution?
9. What does Abbott say about American justice?
10. What is Abbott's opinion on freedom?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)