|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say guilt is a matter of?
(a) The heart.
(c) The mind.
(d) The state.
2. What does Abbott claim every Communist revolution brings the world closer to?
(a) Freedom for all.
(b) Complete poverty.
(d) Its ideal state.
3. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
(a) He believes in the next life.
(b) He bears an inner guilt.
(c) He hates himself.
(d) He doesn't want to go to prison.
4. What does Abbott think it would be more humane to do to a criminal who commits violent acts?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Chain him up in his own house.
(c) Put him into confinemnet.
(d) Brainwash him.
5. What science does Abbott say intelligence tests are the product of?
(a) Bourgeois science.
(b) True science.
(c) Christian science.
(d) Capitalist science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the black farmer use as a weapon against the police?
2. What is the name of Mailer's book about a true crime?
3. What political system attracts Abbott?
4. How did the police deal with the black farmer when he threatened them?
5. What does Abbott say he uses heroin for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
2. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
3. What is Abbott's opinion of American society?
4. What does Abbott say about American justice?
5. What does Abbott say about simple things?
6. What does Abbott think Cuba needs?
7. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
8. Why does Abbott say he supports Communism?
9. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
10. Why does Abbott say he admires Russia?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)