|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author does Abbott reference in this section?
(a) Alexander Solzhenitsyn.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Alexander Pushkin.
(d) Fyodor Dostoevsky.
2. What did Blackie say he wanted to lift the veil on?
(a) His sadness.
(b) His own madness.
(c) The prison system.
(d) The brutality of the guards.
3. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
(a) Real life.
(b) Prison life.
4. What does Abbott say guilt is a matter of?
(a) The mind.
(b) The state.
(c) The heart.
5. Who did Blackie demand enter the the prison?
(a) The President.
(b) The senator.
(c) The media.
(d) Goldie Hawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country does Abbott not like to hear compared favorably with America?
2. What does Abbot say Americans love?
3. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
4. What two people have to work together for the Communist revolution to work?
5. What people does Abbott say are the targets in American prisons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
2. What does Abbott think Cuba needs?
3. What does Abbott think about Gary Gilmore?
4. What is Abbott's opinion of American society?
5. What does Abbott say about Stendhal's novel, THE RED AND THE BLACK?
6. Why does Abbott liken the prison system to liking a dog?
7. What does Abbott believe is his higher calling?
8. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
9. Why does Abbott think Gilmore insists on the death penalty?
10. Why does Abbott consider Alexander Solzhenitsyn a traitor?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)