|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott want two dollars to purchase?
2. What does Abbott call the problems his pen pal suffers from?
3. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
4. What does Abbott say ex-prisoners can never get honestly?
(b) A job.
5. Why was an autopsy never performed on Blackie?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He had no relatives.
(c) He was a criminal.
(d) He died of natural causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town's dance hall Abbott was passing through?
2. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
3. What political system attracts Abbott?
4. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
5. In what state was a black farmer fined for double parking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
2. What does Abbott believe is his higher calling?
3. What is Abbott's opinion on freedom?
4. Why does Abbott liken the prison system to liking a dog?
5. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
6. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
7. Why does Abbott not like the prisoner who denounces sex, drink and drugs?
8. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
9. What does Abbott think Cuba needs?
10. How did Blackie try to expose the prison system?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)