|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Abbott say whites use to prove they are superior?
(a) Speech tests.
(b) Physiological tests.
(c) Reaction tests.
(d) Intelligence tests.
2. How did the police deal with the black farmer when he threatened them?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They set their dogs on him.
(c) They shot him.
(d) They arrested him.
3. What does Abbott call Cuba?
(a) A dog.
(b) A sheep.
(c) An infant.
(d) A pain.
4. What does Abbott claim has been robbed from him?
(a) His understanding of the world.
(b) His destiny.
(c) His concept of time.
(d) His perception of human behavior.
5. What does Abbott say is a barrier to intelligence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott think Gilmore is attracted to?
2. What does Abbott say the man that denies human nature is denying for himself?
3. What does Abbott say men view each other as in American society?
4. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
5. What does Abbott say Americans have a hunger for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
2. What does Abbott think about Gary Gilmore?
3. What was the third racist incident Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
4. Why does Abbott say he admires Russia?
5. What does Abbott say about Stendhal's novel, THE RED AND THE BLACK?
6. How does prison encourage racism?
7. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
8. What does Abbott say about American justice?
9. Why does Abbott think Gilmore insists on the death penalty?
10. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)