|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country does Abbott say he admires?
2. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
(a) He doesn't want to go to prison.
(b) He believes in the next life.
(c) He bears an inner guilt.
(d) He hates himself.
3. What does Abbott want two dollars to purchase?
4. Where does Abbott say he wishes for instability?
(a) North Africa.
(c) Southeast Asia.
(d) The Middle East.
5. What does Abbott say the man that denies human nature is denying for himself?
(b) A life.
(d) An outlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country does Abbott not like to hear compared favorably with America?
2. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
3. What does Abbot say the author has unwittingly portrayed Sorel as?
4. Who does Abbott identify as the two Communist superpowers?
5. What does Abbott say Americans have a hunger for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott think Gilmore insists on the death penalty?
2. What does Abbott say about Stendhal's novel, THE RED AND THE BLACK?
3. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
4. Why does Abbott liken the prison system to liking a dog?
5. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
6. How did Blackie try to expose the prison system?
7. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
8. What is Abbott's opinion of American society?
9. What is Abbott's opinion on freedom?
10. Why does Abbott not like the prisoner who denounces sex, drink and drugs?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)