|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is capital punishment said to encourage?
(c) Crime films.
(d) Crime books.
2. What does Abbott say the man that denies human nature is denying for himself?
(b) An outlet.
(c) A life.
3. What does Abbott question about Gilmore?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His upbringing.
(d) His sense of timing.
4. Which country does Abbott say is Cuba's master?
5. Who does Abbott say beat him up outside the dance hall in #152?
(a) A group of black men.
(b) A group of sailors.
(c) A group of businessmen.
(d) A group of mormons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political system attracts Abbott?
2. What political leader does Abbott liken himself to?
3. What does Abbott consider Solzhenitsyn to be?
4. What does Abbott say is his wider calling?
5. How does Abbott claim guards instigate violence in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
2. What does Abbott say about simple things?
3. Why does Abbott think Gilmore insists on the death penalty?
4. What is Abbott's opinion on freedom?
5. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
6. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
7. What does Abbot state are his reasons for taking heroin and marijuana?
8. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
9. What was the second incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
10. What is Abbott's opinion of American society?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)