|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say is the only force which opposes race theory of humanity?
2. What does Abbott call the problems his pen pal suffers from?
3. What kind of death does Abbott say prisoners enter when they enter prison?
(a) A humorless death.
(b) A civil death.
(c) A state death.
(d) A slow death.
4. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(a) Tom Ripley.
(b) Gordon Smith.
(c) Julien Sorel.
5. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abbott's pen pal's ambition?
2. Whose writings does Abbott say he supports?
3. What do the guards claim happened to Blackie?
4. Where does Abbott say is the only place non-whites get equality?
5. What does Abbott say Americans have a hunger for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
2. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
3. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
4. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
5. What does Abbott believe is his higher calling?
6. How does prison blacken men's hearts?
7. How did Blackie try to expose the prison system?
8. Why does Abbott say he supports Communism?
9. Why does Abbott think Vietnam veterans should feel shame for their part in the Vietnam War?
10. Why does Abbott say he admires Russia?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)