|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) The Red and the Black.
(b) The Stranger.
(c) The Immoralist.
(d) Strangers on a Train.
2. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
(a) Communist revolution.
(d) His soul.
3. What political figure does Abbott say he feels close to?
4. What did Blackie say he wanted to lift the veil on?
(a) The prison system.
(b) The brutality of the guards.
(c) His sadness.
(d) His own madness.
5. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
(b) Human rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say Americans have a hunger for?
2. What newspaper does Abbott say Marx once wrote to?
3. Who does Abbott say whites are taught to hate in prison?
4. What political leader does Abbott liken himself to?
5. What does Abbott say is a barrier to intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott think Gilmore insists on the death penalty?
2. Why does Abbott say he lost interest in his female pen pal?
3. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
4. How does prison blacken men's hearts?
5. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
6. Why does Abbott not like the prisoner who denounces sex, drink and drugs?
7. Why does Abbott say he supports Communism?
8. What was the third racist incident Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
9. How does prison encourage racism?
10. What does Abbott think Cuba needs?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)