|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
(b) Human rights.
2. Why does Abbott think Blackie did not hang himself?
(a) Blackie was due for parole.
(b) Blackie was desparate to be with his family again.
(c) Blackie had nothing to hang himself with.
(d) Blackie loved life.
3. What does Abbott say Americans have a hunger for?
(a) True crime.
(b) The death penalty.
4. In what state was a black farmer fined for double parking?
(d) New York.
5. Who does Abbott believe killed Blackie?
(a) A fellow inmate.
(b) The angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott think Gilmore is attracted to?
2. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
3. What does Abbott say he appreciates seeing on his cell window?
4. Why was an autopsy never performed on Blackie?
5. What is the name of the prison system Solzyhenitsyn exposed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
2. What does Abbott believe is his higher calling?
3. What does Abbott say about Communist revolution?
4. What does Abbott say about Stendhal's novel, THE RED AND THE BLACK?
5. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
6. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
7. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
8. What was Marx's views on capital punishment?
9. Why does Abbott liken the prison system to liking a dog?
10. What is Abbott's opinion on freedom?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)