|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one newspaper document that happened following several executions?
(a) A communtiy wide depression.
(b) A community wide crime spree.
(c) A riot.
(d) Violent acts.
2. What is Abbott's pen pal's ambition?
(a) To become a housewife.
(b) To become an actress.
(c) To become a criminologist.
(d) To become a lawyer.
3. Why was an autopsy never performed on Blackie?
(a) He had no relatives.
(b) He was a criminal.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He died of natural causes.
4. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
(c) Human rights.
5. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(a) Tom Ripley.
(c) Julien Sorel.
(d) Gordon Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people does Abbott say are the targets in American prisons?
2. What does Abbott say Americans have a hunger for?
3. What does Abbott say the man that denies human nature is denying for himself?
4. Who did Blackie demand enter the the prison?
5. What does Abbott say is his wider calling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott say he supports Communism?
2. How does Abbott link prejudice to testing?
3. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
4. What does Abbot state are his reasons for taking heroin and marijuana?
5. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
6. What does Abbott think Cuba needs?
7. Why does Abbott say he admires Russia?
8. Why does Abbott think Vietnam veterans should feel shame for their part in the Vietnam War?
9. Why does Abbott think Gilmore insists on the death penalty?
10. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)