|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
(a) A mental hospital.
(b) A zoo.
(d) The Senate.
2. What does Abbott compare the hole to?
(a) A coffin.
(b) An iron maiden.
(c) A nail bed.
(d) An sacrificial altar.
3. What is pruno?
(a) Fried prune paste.
(b) Prison wine.
(c) Baby food.
(d) Prison beer.
4. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Stand on his head.
(b) Ring a bell.
(c) Twist his torso.
5. What does Abbott say he suffered from for four years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott condemn every government employee of the prison system as?
2. What does Abbott say he thought was crushing him?
3. Who does Abbott say he has to sit next to everyday at breakfast?
4. What does Abbott believe prison controls?
5. What is the one thing a convict respects?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like to be in the blackout cell?
2. What is psyche pain?
3. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
4. Why is murder so common in prison?
5. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
6. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
7. What was Abbott's time like at the Butner North Carolina Federal Correctional Institution?
8. What does Abbott say about paranoia in this chapter?
9. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
10. How does Abbott fight the tedium of solitary confinement?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)