|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the policeman mentality allow some humans to do?
(a) Rise above others.
(b) Earn more money.
(c) Treat people badly.
(d) Make stupid rules.
2. What does Abbott say policeman obey?
(d) The state.
3. What did James say we do not do because we are sad?
(a) Shed teads.
(c) Kill ourselves.
(d) Make love.
4. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Twist his torso.
(c) Ring a bell.
(d) Stand on his head.
5. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
2. Why was Abbott sent to the Utah State Penitentiary?
3. What does Abbott claim he contracted in institutions?
4. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
5. What does Abbott say he suffered from for four years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say about the noise in a prison?
2. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
3. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
4. How did the guards treat Abbott's claustrophobia?
5. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
6. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
7. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
8. Why is murder so common in prison?
9. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
10. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)