|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the punk Abbott refers to in this chapter?
2. Who is the punk the slave to?
(a) The master.
(b) The pope.
(c) The state.
(d) The topdog.
3. Where does Abbott claim he has spent days lost?
(a) His past.
(b) His books.
(c) His cell.
(d) His head.
4. What does Abbott say a prison guard can do without consequence?
(a) Steal from an inmate.
(b) Sleep on duty.
(c) Beat an inmate.
(d) Cause a riot.
5. What does Abbott say he thought was crushing him?
(d) Steel doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott call the gradual wearing away of healthy aspects of one's psychology?
2. What was Abbott sent to Butner North Carolina Correctional Institute for?
3. What do guards look upon prisoners as?
4. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
5. What does Abbott say prisoners live by?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abbott compare prison to a bull ring and the prisoner to a bull?
2. What is the policeman mentality?
3. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
4. What is supersanity?
5. What does Abbott say about his early life?
6. What is psyche pain?
7. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
8. How did Abbot try to survive the starvation diet?
9. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
10. What does Abbott say about paranoia in this chapter?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)