|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott call all of the employees within the prison system?
2. What does Abbott do in solitary confinement just to hear something?
(a) Hits the walls.
(b) Stamps his feet.
(c) Mutters to himself.
3. What is the name of the punk Abbott refers to in this chapter?
4. What did James say we do not do because we are sad?
(a) Kill ourselves.
(b) Shed teads.
(c) Make love.
5. What does Abbott think are treated better than people in the hole?
(a) Siberian war prisoners.
(c) Prisoners on death row.
(d) Animals in a zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbot like to do when he is in solitary confinement?
2. What did Abbott eat in addition to his starvation diet?
3. What drug is Abbott give to stop him from hallucinating?
4. What does Abbot say it is now routine for him to try to do?
5. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abbott compare prison to a bull ring and the prisoner to a bull?
2. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
3. What is psyche pain?
4. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
5. What was it like to be in the blackout cell?
6. What does Abbott say about the noise in a prison?
7. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
8. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
9. What does Abbott say about revolution at the end of the chapter?
10. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)