|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abbot claim are evil?
(c) Probation officers.
2. What was Abbott sent to Butner North Carolina Correctional Institute for?
(a) Drug experimentation.
(b) Psychological experimentation.
(c) Criminological experimentation.
(d) Organ experimentation.
3. What is the name of the poem Abbott recites in this chapter?
4. What does Abbott call the second prisoner he recalls in this chapter?
5. What did James say we do not do because we are sad?
(b) Make love.
(c) Kill ourselves.
(d) Shed teads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he thought was crushing him?
2. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
3. What does Abbott say prisoners live by?
4. What does Abbott compare the hole to?
5. What do guards look upon prisoners as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
2. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
3. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
4. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
5. What was it like to be in the blackout cell?
6. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
7. What happened to Striker?
8. What is psyche pain?
9. What happened to Abbott when he tried to run away from the juvenile center?
10. Who are pigs?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)