|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abbott eat in addition to his starvation diet?
2. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
3. What does Abbott comapre the noise one hears inside a prison to?
(a) The Senate.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) A zoo.
4. What does Abbott say a prison guard can do without consequence?
(a) Beat an inmate.
(b) Steal from an inmate.
(c) Cause a riot.
(d) Sleep on duty.
5. What is the one thing a convict respects?
(a) Moral strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
2. What does Abbott think will end the policeman mentality?
3. What does Abbott say policeman obey?
4. What did James say we do not do because we are sad?
5. What do guards look upon prisoners as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
2. What does Abbott say about revolution at the end of the chapter?
3. What is psyche pain?
4. What does Abbott say about his early life?
5. How did the guards treat Abbott's claustrophobia?
6. Why is murder so common in prison?
7. What happened to Striker?
8. What was it like to be in the blackout cell?
9. Why does Abbott say Pigs are so dangerous?
10. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)