|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Abbott sent to the Utah State Penitentiary?
(a) He issued a check against insufficient funds.
(b) He bought a car with someone else's credit card.
(c) He hit a police officer.
(d) He stabbed a clerk to death.
2. What does Abbott say he finds painful and angering to look into?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A window.
(c) A telescope.
(d) A mirror.
3. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
4. What are strip cells used for?
5. What does Abbott claim he contracted in institutions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
2. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
3. What is the name of a cell that has no light coming into it?
4. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
5. Who is the punk the slave to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
2. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
3. What is the policeman mentality?
4. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
5. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
6. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
7. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
8. What does Abbott say about his early life?
9. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
10. What does Abbott say about paranoia in this chapter?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)