|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Abbott say strikes him as beautiful when he is out of solitary?
(b) Security guards.
(c) Bleached floors.
(d) Prison shirts.
2. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
3. What happens to Abbott after twenty three days in the blackout cell?
(a) He has a nervous breakdown.
(b) He starts to hallucinate.
(c) He has a seizure.
(d) He has a heart attack.
4. Who does Abbott say he has to sit next to everyday at breakfast?
(a) A stupid wino.
(b) A violent Nazi.
(c) A smelly bum.
(d) A rambling drunk.
5. What does Abbott think theory must be studied in absence of?
(b) Contact with other humans.
(d) Real-world experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott call intelligence robbed of experience?
2. What are strip cells used for?
3. What does Abbott say he did in 1971?
4. What does Abbot say is the natural result of prison violence?
5. What does Abbott call the gradual wearing away of healthy aspects of one's psychology?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott say Pigs are so dangerous?
2. What was Abbott's time like at the Butner North Carolina Federal Correctional Institution?
3. What does Abbot state are his reasons for taking heroin and marijuana?
4. How does Abbott fight the tedium of solitary confinement?
5. Why does Abbott consider Alexander Solzhenitsyn a traitor?
6. What is Abbott's opinion on freedom?
7. What was the first incident of racism Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
8. How does prison blacken men's hearts?
9. What does Abbott think about Gary Gilmore?
10. What is Abbott's opinion on religion?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)