|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abbott do to conserve energy during his starvation diet?
(a) Lay still.
(d) Held his breath.
2. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
(c) Going mad.
3. What does Abbot say it is now routine for him to try to do?
(a) Escape prison.
(b) Write short stories.
(c) Abuse the guards.
(d) Think about his homeland.
4. Who does Abbott say he has to sit next to everyday at breakfast?
(a) A violent Nazi.
(b) A smelly bum.
(c) A rambling drunk.
(d) A stupid wino.
5. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Abbott writing to?
2. What does Abbott say prison has tried but failed to take away from him?
3. What does Abbott say prisoners live by?
4. Which of the following philosophers is Abbott particularly drawn to?
5. What is the name of the author Abbott references at the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say about revolution at the end of the chapter?
2. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
3. What does Abbott say about his early life?
4. What is supersanity?
5. What is a punk?
6. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
7. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
8. Who are pigs?
9. What is the policeman mentality?
10. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)