|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say he had to do to urinate while in the Butner institution?
(a) Stand on his head.
(b) Twist his torso.
(c) Ring a bell.
2. Where does Abbott say he is marched to as a thirteen-year-old boy?
(a) A coal mine.
(b) A beach.
(c) A bomb shelter.
(d) A mess hall.
3. Who does Abbott say pigs don't have to answer to?
(c) The people.
(d) The government.
4. What does Abbot say it is now routine for him to try to do?
(a) Think about his homeland.
(b) Escape prison.
(c) Write short stories.
(d) Abuse the guards.
5. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
(a) Fossil fuels.
(c) Warm air.
(d) Cold air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
2. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
3. What does Abbott say one must fight while in the hole?
4. How did Striker kill himself?
5. How did the guards try to control Abbott's claustrophobia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbot state are his reasons for taking heroin and marijuana?
2. Why does Abbott say Pigs are so dangerous?
3. What does Abbott say about simple things?
4. What was it like to be in the blackout cell?
5. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
6. How does prison encourage racism?
7. What was the third racist incident Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
8. Who are pigs?
9. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
10. What does Communist philosophy say about prejudice?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)