|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say is the usual murder weapon?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A razor.
(d) A club.
2. What mentality does Abbott say the guards have?
(a) A policeman mentality.
(b) A god-fearing mentality.
(c) A capitalist mentality.
(d) A free world mentality.
3. What does Abbott say he suffered from for four years?
4. What does Abbott think are treated better than people in the hole?
(b) Animals in a zoo.
(c) Siberian war prisoners.
(d) Prisoners on death row.
5. What does Abbott claim he contracted in institutions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
2. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
3. What does Abbott say one must do to someone before they kill them?
4. Who does Abbott say are the source of the guard's evil?
5. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say about paranoia in this chapter?
2. What is the policeman mentality?
3. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
4. How does Abbott fight the tedium of solitary confinement?
5. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
6. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
7. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
8. What was it like to be in the blackout cell?
9. What does Abbott say about his early life?
10. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)