|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say one must fight while in the hole?
(b) Thoughts of suicide.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Routine and monotony.
2. What did James say we do not do because we are sad?
(a) Kill ourselves.
(b) Make love.
(c) Shed teads.
3. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
(a) He was alive.
(b) He was on the run.
(c) He was free.
(d) He had money.
4. What does Abbott say his lungs were burning with?
(a) Warm air.
(b) Fossil fuels.
(d) Cold air.
5. What is the one thing a convict respects?
(d) Moral strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott call the gradual wearing away of healthy aspects of one's psychology?
2. What two people did Abbott learn had died during his time in the C-300 cell?
3. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
4. What of the following does Abbott say gives a security guard a reason for shooting a prisoner?
5. What does Abbott say he pushed aside while in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Abbott when he tried to run away from the juvenile center?
2. What is psyche pain?
3. How did Abbot try to survive the starvation diet?
4. What does Abbott say about the noise in a prison?
5. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
6. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
7. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
8. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
9. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
10. What does Abbott say about revolution at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)