|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the poem Abbott recites in this chapter?
2. What does Abbot say it is now routine for him to try to do?
(a) Abuse the guards.
(b) Write short stories.
(c) Think about his homeland.
(d) Escape prison.
3. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
(c) The President.
4. What city did Abbott escape to?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
5. What was the only part of his body that X could move?
(a) His thumb.
(b) His forefinger.
(c) His eyelid.
(d) His leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott think are treated better than people in the hole?
2. What did Abbott do to conserve energy during his starvation diet?
3. What does Abbott believe prison controls?
4. What does Abbott say sex acts are demonstrations of?
5. What was Abbott sent to Butner North Carolina Correctional Institute for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
2. What was it like to be in the blackout cell?
3. Why is murder so common in prison?
4. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
5. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
6. How does Abbott fight the tedium of solitary confinement?
7. How did the guards treat Abbott's claustrophobia?
8. What is psyche pain?
9. What is a punk?
10. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)