|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say one must do to someone before they kill them?
(a) Befriend them.
(b) Torture them.
(c) Corner them.
(d) Watch their routine.
2. What does Abbot say it is now routine for him to try to do?
(a) Think about his homeland.
(b) Write short stories.
(c) Escape prison.
(d) Abuse the guards.
3. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
(a) Only convicts witness it.
(b) People have their different ideas of cruelty.
(c) Most prisoners have never heard about the law.
(d) It is the only way prisoners learn.
4. What does Abbott claim he contracted in institutions?
5. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
(a) A guard's jacket.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A man's hair.
(d) A piece of carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing a convict respects?
2. Who does Abbot claim are evil?
3. What is the name of the author Abbott references at the end of the chapter?
4. What is a shiv?
5. What is the name of the punk Abbott refers to in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Abbot try to survive the starvation diet?
2. How does Abbott fight the tedium of solitary confinement?
3. What is the policeman mentality?
4. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
5. What does Abbott say about paranoia in this chapter?
6. How does Abbott compare prison to a bull ring and the prisoner to a bull?
7. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
8. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
9. Why is murder so common in prison?
10. What happened to Striker?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)