|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
2. What does Abbott say one feels happening to oneself when they are in the hole?
(b) Going mad.
3. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
(a) Their boredom.
(b) Their need for women.
(c) The moral codes.
(d) Their hatred for the guards.
4. What does Abbott say one must do to someone before they kill them?
(a) Corner them.
(b) Befriend them.
(c) Watch their routine.
(d) Torture them.
5. What does Abbott think will end the policeman mentality?
(a) World War Three.
(b) A prisoner strike.
(c) A worldwide revolution.
(d) A worker's revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a prisoner given once a day as part of the C-300 punishment?
2. Why was Abbott sent to the Utah State Penitentiary?
3. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
4. What does Abbott say a bull is pricked with?
5. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
2. What does Abbott say about his early life?
3. What was it like to be in the blackout cell?
4. How did the guards treat Abbott's claustrophobia?
5. What happened to Striker?
6. What does Abbott say about revolution at the end of the chapter?
7. What is a punk?
8. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
9. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
10. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)