|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say policeman obey?
(b) The state.
2. What is a shiv?
(a) A card game.
(b) A kebab.
(c) A weapon.
(d) A fossil.
3. What happens to Abbott after twenty three days in the blackout cell?
(a) He has a nervous breakdown.
(b) He starts to hallucinate.
(c) He has a seizure.
(d) He has a heart attack.
4. What is the worst crime one can commit while in prison?
(a) The murder of an inmate.
(b) The stealing of food.
(c) The stealing of cigarettes.
(d) The murder of a guard.
5. Who does Abbot claim are evil?
(a) Probation officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Abbott once falsely accused of stabbing?
2. What does Abbott liken the experience of a being in a black cell to?
3. Where does Abbott say he is marched to as a thirteen-year-old boy?
4. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
5. What does Abbott compare the hole to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott say he wishes for instability in the East?
2. What does Abbott say about his early life?
3. Why does Abbott say he admires Russia?
4. Why does Abbott think Vietnam veterans should feel shame for their part in the Vietnam War?
5. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
6. What does Abbott think Cuba needs?
7. How does prison blacken men's hearts?
8. Why does Abbott think Gilmore feels guilty about his crimes?
9. What was the third racist incident Abbott experienced during his time away from prison?
10. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)