|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
2. What is the name of the poem Abbott recites in this chapter?
3. Who does Abbott say he has to sit next to everyday at breakfast?
(a) A smelly bum.
(b) A violent Nazi.
(c) A rambling drunk.
(d) A stupid wino.
4. Who is Abbott writing to?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Truman Capote.
(c) Ernest Hemmingway.
(d) Patricia Highsmith.
5. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
(b) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott call intelligence robbed of experience?
2. What does Abbott think will end the policeman mentality?
3. Where does Abbott say he spent his childhood?
4. What kind of animal does Abbott compare to an inmate?
5. What does a starvation diet consist of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abbott say about homosexuality in prison?
2. What does Abbott say about the noise in a prison?
3. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
4. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
5. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
6. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
7. What was it like to be in the blackout cell?
8. Who are pigs?
9. Why does Abbott say Pigs are so dangerous?
10. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)