|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott liken the experience of a being in a black cell to?
(a) Floating in space.
(b) Swimming in ink.
(c) Sleeping in a cave.
(d) Treading tar.
2. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
(a) He had money.
(b) He was on the run.
(c) He was alive.
(d) He was free.
3. What was Abbott sent to Butner North Carolina Correctional Institute for?
(a) Criminological experimentation.
(b) Organ experimentation.
(c) Drug experimentation.
(d) Psychological experimentation.
4. What does Abbott believe prison controls?
(a) One's thoughts.
(b) One's potential.
(c) One's life.
(d) One's body.
5. What does Abbott think theory must be studied in absence of?
(a) Contact with other humans.
(d) Real-world experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he is amazed of the feel of when he is out of solitary?
2. Who is Abbott writing to?
3. What does Abbott call the second prisoner he recalls in this chapter?
4. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
5. What does a starvation diet consist of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
2. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
3. What is a punk?
4. How does Abbott compare prison to a bull ring and the prisoner to a bull?
5. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
6. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
7. Why is murder so common in prison?
8. How did Abbot try to survive the starvation diet?
9. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
10. What happened to Striker?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)