|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abbott writing to?
(a) Norman Mailer.
(b) Truman Capote.
(c) Ernest Hemmingway.
(d) Patricia Highsmith.
2. Who does Abbott say he does not believe in?
(d) The President.
3. What is the worst crime one can commit while in prison?
(a) The murder of a guard.
(b) The stealing of food.
(c) The stealing of cigarettes.
(d) The murder of an inmate.
4. What does Abbott say policeman obey?
(a) The state.
5. Which of the following does Abbott say strikes him as beautiful when he is out of solitary?
(a) Security guards.
(b) Bleached floors.
(d) Prison shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say was the only serious crime he committed in free society?
2. What does Abbott say a bull is pricked with?
3. What does Abbott say one must do to someone before they kill them?
4. Why was Abbott sent to the Utah State Penitentiary?
5. What two people did Abbott learn had died during his time in the C-300 cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
2. What is a punk?
3. What is psyche pain?
4. What does Abbott say prison punishment is aimed at?
5. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
6. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
7. Why does Abbott say Pigs are so dangerous?
8. How did the guards treat Abbott's claustrophobia?
9. How do his fellow inmates save Abbott from starvation?
10. What does Abbott say about revolution at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)