|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing the prisoners have in common?
(a) Their need for women.
(b) Their hatred for the guards.
(c) Their boredom.
(d) The moral codes.
2. What does Abbott say intelligence becomes if it is robbed of actual experience?
3. What does Abbott do in solitary confinement just to hear something?
(a) Hits the walls.
(c) Stamps his feet.
(d) Mutters to himself.
4. What does a starvation diet consist of?
(a) A bowl of broth and a biscuit.
(b) A cup of soup and a sandwich.
(c) An apple and a slice of cheese.
(d) A baked potato and a piece of bread.
5. Who was Abbott once falsely accused of stabbing?
(a) A fellow inmate.
(b) A warden.
(c) A priest.
(d) A prison guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abbott claim he has spent days lost?
2. What is the one thing a convict respects?
3. What does Abbott say he forgot while in his hotel room?
4. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
5. What does Abbott say he can't control?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Abbott's time like at the Butner North Carolina Federal Correctional Institution?
2. Who are pigs?
3. What happened to Abbott when he tried to run away from the juvenile center?
4. What does Abbott say the prisoners have in common?
5. How did the guards treat Abbott's claustrophobia?
6. What is a punk?
7. What is life like for Abbott in solitary confinement at the juvenile center?
8. What is the policeman mentality?
9. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
10. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)