|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do guards look upon prisoners as?
2. What does Abbot say it is now routine for him to try to do?
(a) Abuse the guards.
(b) Think about his homeland.
(c) Write short stories.
(d) Escape prison.
3. What did James say we do not do because we are sad?
(a) Make love.
(b) Shed teads.
(c) Kill ourselves.
4. What is the name of the punishment cell Abbott stayed in for a total exceeding more than one year?
(a) The Pit.
(b) The hole.
(c) The clam.
(d) The C-300.
5. What does Abbott say prison has tried but failed to take away from him?
(a) His freedom.
(b) His soul.
(c) His mind.
(d) His love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say a prisoner is killed in?
2. What is the one thing a convict respects?
3. Who was Abbott once falsely accused of stabbing?
4. Why was Abbott sent to the Utah State Penitentiary?
5. Why does Abbott think the law against cruel and unusual punishment is a joke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is supersanity?
2. What does Abbott say about his early life?
3. Why does Abbott describe X's death as a mercy killing?
4. What crimes does Abbott say he committed?
5. Why does Abbott compare the Hole to a coffin?
6. How does Abbott compare prison to a bull ring and the prisoner to a bull?
7. What is a punk?
8. Why does Abbott say he continuously violates prison rules?
9. How does Abbott feel when he returns from prison life to solitary confinement?
10. What is the policeman mentality?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)