|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Blackie say he wanted to lift the veil on?
(a) His own madness.
(b) His sadness.
(c) The prison system.
(d) The brutality of the guards.
2. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
3. What does Abbott think it would be more humane to do to a criminal who commits violent acts?
(a) Chain him up in his own house.
(b) Put him into confinemnet.
(c) Brainwash him.
(d) Torture him.
4. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(b) Gordon Smith.
(c) Tom Ripley.
(d) Julien Sorel.
5. What does Abbott say America can steal from a person?
(a) One's life.
(b) One's soul.
(c) One's brain.
(d) One's freedom.
6. Which country does Abbott not like to hear compared favorably with America?
7. Who did Blackie demand enter the the prison?
(a) The senator.
(b) Goldie Hawn.
(c) The media.
(d) The President.
8. What was the name of the criminal Mailer wrote about in the Executioner's Song?
(a) James Banville.
(b) Fred West.
(c) Ted Bundy.
(d) Gary Gilmore.
9. What does Abbott say is the only force which opposes race theory of humanity?
10. What did one newspaper document that happened following several executions?
(a) A community wide crime spree.
(b) A riot.
(c) A communtiy wide depression.
(d) Violent acts.
11. Which country does Abbott say he admires?
12. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
(b) Human rights.
13. Where does Abbott say he wishes for instability?
(b) Southeast Asia.
(c) The Middle East.
(d) North Africa.
14. What is the name of Mailer's book about a true crime?
(a) Sleepness Nights.
(b) In Cold Blood.
(c) Executioner's Song.
15. What does Abbott say is a barrier to intelligence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
2. What people does Abbott say are the targets in American prisons?
3. What does Abbott believes happens to the earliest revolutionaries?
4. What science does Abbott say intelligence tests are the product of?
5. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)