|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
(c) Human rights.
2. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
3. What does Abbott say happens to men's hearts in prison?
(a) They rot.
(b) They burst.
(c) They shrivel.
(d) They blacken.
4. What political leader does Abbott liken himself to?
5. What does Abbott say America can steal from a person?
(a) One's soul.
(b) One's life.
(c) One's freedom.
(d) One's brain.
6. Why was an autopsy never performed on Blackie?
(a) He had no relatives.
(b) He was a criminal.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He died of natural causes.
7. Who does Abbott say are the only people able to cut through prejudice?
(d) True soldiers.
8. What does Abbott say he can't understand about Gilmore?
(a) He wanted to die.
(b) He was willing to kill again.
(c) He had a family.
(d) He killed two people who didn't resist.
9. In what state was a black farmer fined for double parking?
(a) New York.
10. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
11. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
(b) His soul.
(d) Communist revolution.
12. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
13. What does Abbott say the man that denies human nature is denying for himself?
(b) An outlet.
(c) A life.
14. What does Abbot say Americans love?
15. Who does Abbott identify as the two Communist superpowers?
(a) Cuba and North Korea.
(b) China and the Soviet Union.
(c) India and Pakistan.
(d) Iraq and Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Abbott call therapeutic?
2. What newspaper does Abbott say Marx once wrote to?
3. What does Abbott think Gilmore is attracted to?
4. What does Abbott say he admires about religion?
5. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)