|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbot say Americans love?
2. What kind of people does Abbott say the Vietnam Veterans killed?
(a) Peaceful people.
(b) God-fearing people.
(c) Doll-like people.
(d) Machine-like people.
3. What does Abbott say guilt is a matter of?
(b) The state.
(c) The heart.
(d) The mind.
4. What newspaper does Abbott say Marx once wrote to?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Guardian.
(c) The Chronicale.
(d) The Mirror.
5. Why was an autopsy never performed on Blackie?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He had no relatives.
(c) He died of natural causes.
(d) He was a criminal.
6. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
(a) His soul.
(c) Communist revolution.
7. Which author does Abbott reference in this section?
(a) Fyodor Dostoevsky.
(b) Alexander Solzhenitsyn.
(c) Leo Tolstoy.
(d) Alexander Pushkin.
8. What country does Abbott say has the most oppressive regime on the planet?
9. What does Abbott say he admires about religion?
(a) The human element.
(b) The moral code.
(c) The evil.
(d) The good stories.
10. What was the name of the criminal Mailer wrote about in the Executioner's Song?
(a) Fred West.
(b) Gary Gilmore.
(c) James Banville.
(d) Ted Bundy.
11. What science does Abbott say intelligence tests are the product of?
(a) Christian science.
(b) True science.
(c) Capitalist science.
(d) Bourgeois science.
12. What does Abbott want two dollars to purchase?
13. What does Abbott claim has been robbed from him?
(a) His destiny.
(b) His understanding of the world.
(c) His concept of time.
(d) His perception of human behavior.
14. What does Abbott think Gilmore is attracted to?
(a) The underworld.
(c) The afterlife.
(d) The death sentence.
15. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) The Red and the Black.
(b) The Immoralist.
(c) Strangers on a Train.
(d) The Stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
2. What does Abbott call Cuba?
3. What does Abbott say he is conflicted about?
4. Why does Abbott say he would like to understand Gilmore?
5. What does Abbott say is the only force which opposes race theory of humanity?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)