|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What people does Abbott say are the targets in American prisons?
2. What does Abbot say the author has unwittingly portrayed Sorel as?
(a) An evil entity.
(b) A bisexual.
(c) A homosexual.
(d) A God.
3. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(a) Gordon Smith.
(b) Tom Ripley.
(d) Julien Sorel.
4. What does Abbott say he admires about religion?
(a) The evil.
(b) The good stories.
(c) The human element.
(d) The moral code.
5. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
(b) The pigs.
(d) The devil.
6. Why does Abbott say he would like to understand Gilmore?
(a) So he can understand life.
(b) So he can understand evil.
(c) So he can write a book.
(d) So he can understand himself.
7. What two people have to work together for the Communist revolution to work?
(a) The middleclass and the peasants.
(b) The upperclass and the workingclass.
(c) The non-whites and the whites.
(d) The peasant and the worker.
8. What does Abbott say he can't understand about Gilmore?
(a) He killed two people who didn't resist.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) He had a family.
(d) He was willing to kill again.
9. How does Abbott claim guards instigate violence in prison?
(a) They spit in prisoner's meals.
(b) They bully the weak.
(c) They put innocent people into solitary.
(d) They pool people into racial groups.
10. Which country does Abbott say he admires?
11. What does Abbott say ex-prisoners can never get honestly?
(a) A job.
12. What does Abbott claim every Communist revolution brings the world closer to?
(a) Complete poverty.
(b) Freedom for all.
(c) Its ideal state.
13. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
14. What is the name of the prison system Solzyhenitsyn exposed?
15. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
(d) Human rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say the American prison does rather than rehabilitate?
2. In what state was a black farmer fined for double parking?
3. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
4. Which author does Abbott reference in this section?
5. What does Abbott call the problems his pen pal suffers from?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)