|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abbott say is the only place non-whites get equality?
2. What two people have to work together for the Communist revolution to work?
(a) The peasant and the worker.
(b) The upperclass and the workingclass.
(c) The non-whites and the whites.
(d) The middleclass and the peasants.
3. What does Abbott say America can steal from a person?
(a) One's life.
(b) One's brain.
(c) One's freedom.
(d) One's soul.
4. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
(a) He doesn't want to go to prison.
(b) He hates himself.
(c) He believes in the next life.
(d) He bears an inner guilt.
5. What kind of people does Abbott say the Vietnam Veterans killed?
(a) Machine-like people.
(b) God-fearing people.
(c) Peaceful people.
(d) Doll-like people.
6. What drug does Abbott call therapeutic?
7. What author does Abbott reference in this chapter?
8. What does Abbott say guilt is a matter of?
(a) The state.
(b) The heart.
(c) The mind.
9. Why does Abbott think Blackie did not hang himself?
(a) Blackie was due for parole.
(b) Blackie was desparate to be with his family again.
(c) Blackie loved life.
(d) Blackie had nothing to hang himself with.
10. How does Abbott claim guards instigate violence in prison?
(a) They bully the weak.
(b) They spit in prisoner's meals.
(c) They pool people into racial groups.
(d) They put innocent people into solitary.
11. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
12. Where does Abbott say he wishes for instability?
(a) Southeast Asia.
(c) North Africa.
(d) The Middle East.
13. How did the police deal with the black farmer when he threatened them?
(a) They shot him.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They set their dogs on him.
(d) They arrested him.
14. What does Abbott say he can't understand about Gilmore?
(a) He was willing to kill again.
(b) He killed two people who didn't resist.
(c) He had a family.
(d) He wanted to die.
15. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one newspaper document that happened following several executions?
2. What does Abbott say is his wider calling?
3. Who does Abbott say beat him up outside the dance hall in #152?
4. What did Marx say in his letter was ineffective?
5. Who runs the dance hall mentioned in #152?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)