|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the restaurant do with the young man's food?
(a) Put it in a dog's bowl.
(b) Put it in a paper bag.
(c) Dropped it in his lap.
(d) Served it cold.
2. What does Abbott say he uses heroin for?
(a) A substitute for sex.
(b) To forget time.
(c) To cure homesickness.
(d) Emotional security.
3. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
4. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(a) Gordon Smith.
(c) Julien Sorel.
(d) Tom Ripley.
5. Which country does Abbott say he admires?
6. What does Abbott consider Solzhenitsyn to be?
(a) A great writer.
(b) A capitalist pig.
(c) A traitor to his people.
(d) A prisoner of war.
7. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
8. What does Abbott say men view each other as in American society?
(b) Objects of hate.
(d) Objects of exploitation.
9. What does Abbott question about Gilmore?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His sanity.
(d) His sense of timing.
10. What was the name of the town's dance hall Abbott was passing through?
(a) Liberty Wells.
(b) Jefferson Ballroom.
(d) Lincoln Ballroom.
11. Who does Abbott say inherited the mathematics test?
(c) South Americans.
12. Which country does Abbott say is Cuba's master?
13. What is capital punishment said to encourage?
(b) Crime films.
(d) Crime books.
14. What is the name of the prison system Solzyhenitsyn exposed?
15. What political figure does Abbott say he feels close to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say happens to men's hearts in prison?
2. What does Abbott believes happens to the earliest revolutionaries?
3. Who did Blackie demand enter the the prison?
4. What author does Abbott reference in this chapter?
5. Why does Abbott say he would like to understand Gilmore?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)