|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say the American prison does rather than rehabilitate?
(c) Create hate.
(d) Create crime.
2. What was the name of the town's dance hall Abbott was passing through?
(a) Liberty Wells.
(c) Jefferson Ballroom.
(d) Lincoln Ballroom.
3. What do the guards claim happened to Blackie?
(a) He was moved to another prison.
(b) He shot himself.
(c) He was set free.
(d) He hanged himself.
4. What did the restaurant do with the young man's food?
(a) Put it in a dog's bowl.
(b) Dropped it in his lap.
(c) Put it in a paper bag.
(d) Served it cold.
5. Who does Abbott say inherited the mathematics test?
(a) South Americans.
6. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
7. Who does Abbott say beat him up outside the dance hall in #152?
(a) A group of businessmen.
(b) A group of sailors.
(c) A group of mormons.
(d) A group of black men.
8. What kind of people does Abbott say the Vietnam Veterans killed?
(a) Peaceful people.
(b) Machine-like people.
(c) God-fearing people.
(d) Doll-like people.
9. What is the name of the prison system Solzyhenitsyn exposed?
10. What does Abbott question about Gilmore?
(a) His upbringing.
(b) His sense of timing.
(c) His sanity.
(d) His intelligence.
11. What political figure does Abbott say he feels close to?
12. What does Abbott say he uses heroin for?
(a) To forget time.
(b) A substitute for sex.
(c) Emotional security.
(d) To cure homesickness.
13. What does Abbott want two dollars to purchase?
14. What does Abbott say he can't understand about Gilmore?
(a) He had a family.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) He was willing to kill again.
(d) He killed two people who didn't resist.
15. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) Strangers on a Train.
(b) The Stranger.
(c) The Immoralist.
(d) The Red and the Black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of death does Abbott say prisoners enter when they enter prison?
2. What does Abbott think Gilmore is attracted to?
3. What does Abbott believes happens to the earliest revolutionaries?
4. How did the police deal with the black farmer when he threatened them?
5. What political leader does Abbott liken himself to?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)