|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abbott identify as the two Communist superpowers?
(a) China and the Soviet Union.
(b) Cuba and North Korea.
(c) Iraq and Britain.
(d) India and Pakistan.
2. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
3. What kind of death does Abbott say prisoners enter when they enter prison?
(a) A slow death.
(b) A state death.
(c) A civil death.
(d) A humorless death.
4. What did the black farmer use as a weapon against the police?
(a) A glass.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A fence post.
(d) A knife.
5. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) The Immoralist.
(b) The Stranger.
(c) The Red and the Black.
(d) Strangers on a Train.
6. What kind of people does Abbott say the Vietnam Veterans killed?
(a) Doll-like people.
(b) Machine-like people.
(c) God-fearing people.
(d) Peaceful people.
7. What does Abbott say some prisoners are never given access to?
(d) Good food.
8. What does Abbott question about Gilmore?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His sanity.
(d) His sense of timing.
9. Which country does Abbott say he admires?
10. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
(a) Real life.
(d) Prison life.
11. What does Abbott think it would be more humane to do to a criminal who commits violent acts?
(a) Chain him up in his own house.
(b) Brainwash him.
(c) Put him into confinemnet.
(d) Torture him.
12. What newspaper does Abbott say Marx once wrote to?
(a) The Chronicale.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Mirror.
(d) The Guardian.
13. Which country does Abbott say is Cuba's master?
14. What author does Abbott reference in this chapter?
15. Whose writings does Abbott say he supports?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott claim every Communist revolution brings the world closer to?
2. What does Abbott think Gilmore is attracted to?
3. What did the restaurant do with the young man's food?
4. Who did Blackie demand enter the the prison?
5. What does Abbott call the problems his pen pal suffers from?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)