|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
2. What newspaper does Abbott say Marx once wrote to?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Mirror.
(c) The Guardian.
(d) The Chronicale.
3. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
4. Who does Abbott say American democracy is slanted against?
5. Who does Abbott say whites are taught to hate in prison?
6. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
(c) Real life.
(d) Prison life.
7. What does Abbott say he appreciates seeing on his cell window?
(b) Spider webs.
(d) Rain drops.
8. What does Abbott call Cuba?
(a) A pain.
(b) An infant.
(c) A dog.
(d) A sheep.
9. What author does Abbott reference in this chapter?
10. Who does Abbott say China's army is composed of?
(a) The animals.
(b) The majority.
(c) The people.
(d) The pigs.
11. Why was an autopsy never performed on Blackie?
(a) He was a criminal.
(b) He had no relatives.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He died of natural causes.
12. What does Abbott say some prisoners are never given access to?
(c) Good food.
13. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
(a) Communist revolution.
(c) His soul.
14. Who does Abbott identify as the two Communist superpowers?
(a) India and Pakistan.
(b) Iraq and Britain.
(c) China and the Soviet Union.
(d) Cuba and North Korea.
15. How did the police deal with the black farmer when he threatened them?
(a) They shot him.
(b) They arrested him.
(c) They beat him.
(d) They set their dogs on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prison system Solzyhenitsyn exposed?
2. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
3. Whose writings does Abbott say he supports?
4. What did the restaurant do with the young man's food?
5. What does Abbott say happens to men's hearts in prison?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)