|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abbott say is the only place non-whites get equality?
2. What political leader does Abbott liken himself to?
3. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
(a) The pigs.
(d) The devil.
4. Who runs the dance hall mentioned in #152?
5. Who does Abbott say inherited the mathematics test?
(b) South Americans.
6. What does Abbott say he is conflicted about?
(a) The prospect of freedom.
(b) Moving to another prison.
(c) The prospect of a family.
(d) His love for his country.
7. What does Abbott say is his wider calling?
(a) The campaigning for justice.
(b) The urging of worldwide Communist revolution.
(c) The campaigning of prisoners' rights.
(d) The urging of love and peace.
8. What does Abbott say he appreciates seeing on his cell window?
(a) Rain drops.
(d) Spider webs.
9. What does Abbott say men view each other as in American society?
(c) Objects of hate.
(d) Objects of exploitation.
10. What is the name of Mailer's book about a true crime?
(b) Executioner's Song.
(c) In Cold Blood.
(d) Sleepness Nights.
11. What does Abbott call Cuba?
(a) A pain.
(b) An infant.
(c) A dog.
(d) A sheep.
12. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
13. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) The Immoralist.
(b) The Red and the Black.
(c) Strangers on a Train.
(d) The Stranger.
14. How did the police deal with the black farmer when he threatened them?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They shot him.
(c) They set their dogs on him.
(d) They arrested him.
15. What political figure does Abbott say he feels close to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say is a barrier to intelligence?
2. What did Blackie say he wanted to lift the veil on?
3. Which country does Abbott not like to hear compared favorably with America?
4. What does Abbott say he admires about religion?
5. What was the name of the criminal Mailer wrote about in the Executioner's Song?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)