|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott claim every Communist revolution brings the world closer to?
(a) Freedom for all.
(b) Its ideal state.
(d) Complete poverty.
2. Who does Abbott say inherited the mathematics test?
(c) South Americans.
3. What political figure does Abbott say he feels close to?
4. What do the guards claim happened to Blackie?
(a) He was set free.
(b) He shot himself.
(c) He was moved to another prison.
(d) He hanged himself.
5. Which author does Abbott reference in this section?
(a) Leo Tolstoy.
(b) Alexander Pushkin.
(c) Alexander Solzhenitsyn.
(d) Fyodor Dostoevsky.
6. Who runs the dance hall mentioned in #152?
7. Why does Abbott say he would like to understand Gilmore?
(a) So he can understand himself.
(b) So he can understand life.
(c) So he can understand evil.
(d) So he can write a book.
8. What country does Abbott say has the most oppressive regime on the planet?
9. What drug does Abbott say helps him to think about philosophical matters?
10. Who does Abbott identify as the two Communist superpowers?
(a) China and the Soviet Union.
(b) Cuba and North Korea.
(c) Iraq and Britain.
(d) India and Pakistan.
11. When did Blackie seize four guards as hostages?
(a) During a riot.
(b) During an attempted escape.
(c) During solitary confinement.
(d) During a strike.
12. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
(a) He bears an inner guilt.
(b) He believes in the next life.
(c) He doesn't want to go to prison.
(d) He hates himself.
13. What people does Abbott say are the targets in American prisons?
14. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
15. What drug does Abbott call therapeutic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he is conflicted about?
2. What does Abbott say men view each other as in American society?
3. Who does Abbott say whites are taught to hate in prison?
4. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
5. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)