|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbot say the author has unwittingly portrayed Sorel as?
(a) A bisexual.
(b) A homosexual.
(c) A God.
(d) An evil entity.
2. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
(d) Human rights.
3. What does Abbott claim every Communist revolution brings the world closer to?
(a) Freedom for all.
(c) Its ideal state.
(d) Complete poverty.
4. What does Abbott say happens to men's hearts in prison?
(a) They burst.
(b) They blacken.
(c) They shrivel.
(d) They rot.
5. Who does Abbott say beat him up outside the dance hall in #152?
(a) A group of mormons.
(b) A group of black men.
(c) A group of businessmen.
(d) A group of sailors.
6. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(a) Julien Sorel.
(c) Tom Ripley.
(d) Gordon Smith.
7. What does Abbott think Gilmore is attracted to?
(a) The death sentence.
(c) The underworld.
(d) The afterlife.
8. What is the name of Mailer's book about a true crime?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(b) Sleepness Nights.
(c) Executioner's Song.
9. Which of the following does Abbott say whites use to prove they are superior?
(a) Physiological tests.
(b) Intelligence tests.
(c) Speech tests.
(d) Reaction tests.
10. Which country does Abbott not like to hear compared favorably with America?
11. What does Abbott call Cuba?
(a) An infant.
(b) A pain.
(c) A dog.
(d) A sheep.
12. What does Abbott say he can't understand about Gilmore?
(a) He was willing to kill again.
(b) He killed two people who didn't resist.
(c) He wanted to die.
(d) He had a family.
13. What does Abbott say he is conflicted about?
(a) His love for his country.
(b) Moving to another prison.
(c) The prospect of a family.
(d) The prospect of freedom.
14. What is capital punishment said to encourage?
(a) Crime books.
(b) Crime films.
15. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abbott believe killed Blackie?
2. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
3. Who does Abbott say whites are taught to hate in prison?
4. When did Blackie seize four guards as hostages?
5. What political system attracts Abbott?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)