|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbott's pen pal's ambition?
(a) To become a criminologist.
(b) To become a housewife.
(c) To become an actress.
(d) To become a lawyer.
2. What political leader does Abbott liken himself to?
3. Who does Abbott say China's army is composed of?
(a) The animals.
(b) The pigs.
(c) The people.
(d) The majority.
4. What country does Abbott say has the most oppressive regime on the planet?
5. What is the name of Mailer's book about a true crime?
(a) Sleepness Nights.
(b) In Cold Blood.
(d) Executioner's Song.
6. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(a) Gordon Smith.
(b) Julien Sorel.
(c) Tom Ripley.
7. Who does Abbott say inherited the mathematics test?
(b) South Americans.
8. What does Abbott question about Gilmore?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His sense of timing.
(d) His sanity.
9. What is the name of the prison system Solzyhenitsyn exposed?
10. How did the police deal with the black farmer when he threatened them?
(a) They arrested him.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They shot him.
(d) They set their dogs on him.
11. What political figure does Abbott say he feels close to?
12. In what state was a black farmer fined for double parking?
(b) New York.
13. When did Blackie seize four guards as hostages?
(a) During an attempted escape.
(b) During solitary confinement.
(c) During a riot.
(d) During a strike.
14. What does Abbott say is a barrier to intelligence?
15. What science does Abbott say intelligence tests are the product of?
(a) Christian science.
(b) Bourgeois science.
(c) True science.
(d) Capitalist science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say he can't understand about Gilmore?
2. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
3. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
4. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
5. What does Abbott call Cuba?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)