|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Blackie seize four guards as hostages?
(a) During a riot.
(b) During an attempted escape.
(c) During solitary confinement.
(d) During a strike.
2. What does Abbott think it would be more humane to do to a criminal who commits violent acts?
(a) Brainwash him.
(b) Put him into confinemnet.
(c) Torture him.
(d) Chain him up in his own house.
3. Who does Abbott say inherited the mathematics test?
(c) South Americans.
4. What political figure does Abbott say he feels close to?
5. Which country does Abbott say he admires?
6. What country does Abbott say has the most oppressive regime on the planet?
7. Who does Abbott say are the only people able to cut through prejudice?
(c) True soldiers.
8. What did Blackie say he wanted to lift the veil on?
(a) His own madness.
(b) The prison system.
(c) His sadness.
(d) The brutality of the guards.
9. Who runs the dance hall mentioned in #152?
10. What does Abbott say is the only force which opposes race theory of humanity?
11. Who does Abbott say whites are taught to hate in prison?
12. What does Abbott say guilt is a matter of?
(a) The mind.
(b) The heart.
(c) The state.
13. Which author does Abbott reference in this section?
(a) Leo Tolstoy.
(b) Alexander Pushkin.
(c) Alexander Solzhenitsyn.
(d) Fyodor Dostoevsky.
14. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) Strangers on a Train.
(b) The Red and the Black.
(c) The Stranger.
(d) The Immoralist.
15. What does Abbott think communists fight for?
(a) Human rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people does Abbott say the Vietnam Veterans killed?
2. What people does Abbott say are the targets in American prisons?
3. What does Abbott claim every Communist revolution brings the world closer to?
4. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
5. What does Abbott say is a barrier to intelligence?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)