|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say guilt is a matter of?
(a) The mind.
(b) The state.
(d) The heart.
2. Who does Abbott believe killed Blackie?
(b) The angels.
(c) A fellow inmate.
3. What did Marx say in his letter was ineffective?
(c) Capital punishment.
4. What drug does Abbott call therapeutic?
5. What does Abbott say he admires about religion?
(a) The evil.
(b) The moral code.
(c) The human element.
(d) The good stories.
6. What did one newspaper document that happened following several executions?
(a) Violent acts.
(b) A communtiy wide depression.
(c) A riot.
(d) A community wide crime spree.
7. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
8. Who does Abbott say are the only people able to cut through prejudice?
(c) True soldiers.
9. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
(b) The devil.
(d) The pigs.
10. What does Abbot say the author has unwittingly portrayed Sorel as?
(a) A homosexual.
(b) A bisexual.
(c) A God.
(d) An evil entity.
11. What country does Abbott say has the most oppressive regime on the planet?
12. What is the name of Mailer's book about a true crime?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(c) Sleepness Nights.
(d) Executioner's Song.
13. What author does Abbott reference in this chapter?
14. What does Abbott think it would be more humane to do to a criminal who commits violent acts?
(a) Brainwash him.
(b) Put him into confinemnet.
(c) Chain him up in his own house.
(d) Torture him.
15. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
2. What does Abbott say America can steal from a person?
3. Why was an autopsy never performed on Blackie?
4. What does Abbott say the man that denies human nature is denying for himself?
5. What does Abbott want two dollars to purchase?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)