|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott want two dollars to purchase?
2. Who does Abbott say inherited the mathematics test?
(d) South Americans.
3. Whose writings does Abbott say he supports?
4. Who does Abbott identify as the two Communist superpowers?
(a) Iraq and Britain.
(b) Cuba and North Korea.
(c) India and Pakistan.
(d) China and the Soviet Union.
5. What science does Abbott say intelligence tests are the product of?
(a) Capitalist science.
(b) True science.
(c) Christian science.
(d) Bourgeois science.
6. What do the guards claim happened to Blackie?
(a) He was moved to another prison.
(b) He hanged himself.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) He was set free.
7. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
8. What does Abbott say the American prison does rather than rehabilitate?
(a) Create crime.
(b) Create hate.
9. What does Abbott say he uses heroin for?
(a) To forget time.
(b) Emotional security.
(c) To cure homesickness.
(d) A substitute for sex.
10. What does Abbott call Cuba?
(a) An infant.
(b) A pain.
(c) A dog.
(d) A sheep.
11. What does Abbott say is a barrier to intelligence?
12. What does Abbott say America can steal from a person?
(a) One's soul.
(b) One's freedom.
(c) One's life.
(d) One's brain.
13. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
(a) The devil.
(d) The pigs.
14. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(a) Gordon Smith.
(b) Julien Sorel.
(c) Tom Ripley.
15. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
(a) He bears an inner guilt.
(b) He hates himself.
(c) He doesn't want to go to prison.
(d) He believes in the next life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marx say in his letter was ineffective?
2. What does Abbott question about Gilmore?
3. Which author does Abbott reference in this section?
4. What political system attracts Abbott?
5. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)