|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
(b) Real life.
(c) Prison life.
2. What does Abbott question about Gilmore?
(a) His upbringing.
(b) His sanity.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His sense of timing.
3. What two people have to work together for the Communist revolution to work?
(a) The non-whites and the whites.
(b) The peasant and the worker.
(c) The middleclass and the peasants.
(d) The upperclass and the workingclass.
4. What science does Abbott say intelligence tests are the product of?
(a) Bourgeois science.
(b) True science.
(c) Capitalist science.
(d) Christian science.
5. What does Abbott say he appreciates seeing on his cell window?
(b) Spider webs.
(c) Rain drops.
6. Why does Abbott think Gilmore is asking for the death penalty?
(a) He hates himself.
(b) He doesn't want to go to prison.
(c) He bears an inner guilt.
(d) He believes in the next life.
7. Why does Abbott think Blackie did not hang himself?
(a) Blackie loved life.
(b) Blackie had nothing to hang himself with.
(c) Blackie was due for parole.
(d) Blackie was desparate to be with his family again.
8. Who does Abbott say China's army is composed of?
(a) The people.
(b) The animals.
(c) The pigs.
(d) The majority.
9. What does Abbott say happens to men's hearts in prison?
(a) They blacken.
(b) They burst.
(c) They shrivel.
(d) They rot.
10. What people does Abbott say are the targets in American prisons?
11. Where does Abbott say is the only place non-whites get equality?
12. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
(a) Gordon Smith.
(c) Tom Ripley.
(d) Julien Sorel.
13. What does Abbott say guilt is a matter of?
(a) The mind.
(b) The heart.
(c) The state.
14. What did the restaurant do with the young man's food?
(a) Dropped it in his lap.
(b) Put it in a dog's bowl.
(c) Served it cold.
(d) Put it in a paper bag.
15. What does Abbott say he admires about religion?
(a) The evil.
(b) The human element.
(c) The good stories.
(d) The moral code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper does Abbott say Marx once wrote to?
2. What does Abbott say he can't understand about Gilmore?
3. What was the name of the criminal Mailer wrote about in the Executioner's Song?
4. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
5. What does Abbott say is the only force which opposes race theory of humanity?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)