|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott say some prisoners are never given access to?
(b) Good food.
2. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) The Red and the Black.
(b) Strangers on a Train.
(c) The Immoralist.
(d) The Stranger.
3. What does Abbott call Cuba?
(a) An infant.
(b) A dog.
(c) A pain.
(d) A sheep.
4. What author does Abbott reference in this chapter?
5. In what state was a black farmer fined for double parking?
(c) New York.
6. Who does Abbott say whites are taught to hate in prison?
7. What political leader does Abbott liken himself to?
8. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
(a) Prison life.
(b) Real life.
9. What drug does Abbott call therapeutic?
10. Why was an autopsy never performed on Blackie?
(a) He had no relatives.
(b) He was a criminal.
(c) He died of natural causes.
(d) He killed himself.
11. Which of the following does Abbott say whites use to prove they are superior?
(a) Reaction tests.
(b) Intelligence tests.
(c) Physiological tests.
(d) Speech tests.
12. Why does Abbott think Blackie did not hang himself?
(a) Blackie loved life.
(b) Blackie was desparate to be with his family again.
(c) Blackie had nothing to hang himself with.
(d) Blackie was due for parole.
13. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
(a) His soul.
(b) Communist revolution.
14. What does Abbott claim has been robbed from him?
(a) His concept of time.
(b) His perception of human behavior.
(c) His destiny.
(d) His understanding of the world.
15. What does Abbott say he uses heroin for?
(a) To cure homesickness.
(b) Emotional security.
(c) A substitute for sex.
(d) To forget time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abbott believe killed Blackie?
2. What is the name of Mailer's book about a true crime?
3. When did Blackie seize four guards as hostages?
4. Who does Abbott say are the only people able to cut through prejudice?
5. What did one newspaper document that happened following several executions?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)