|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
2. What does Abbott say men view each other as in American society?
(c) Objects of hate.
(d) Objects of exploitation.
3. What is the title of the novel Abbott talks about in this section?
(a) Strangers on a Train.
(b) The Red and the Black.
(c) The Stranger.
(d) The Immoralist.
4. Who did Blackie demand enter the the prison?
(a) The media.
(b) The President.
(c) The senator.
(d) Goldie Hawn.
5. Who does Abbott identify as the two Communist superpowers?
(a) Iraq and Britain.
(b) China and the Soviet Union.
(c) Cuba and North Korea.
(d) India and Pakistan.
6. What does Abbott say is a fading dream?
(a) Communist revolution.
(b) His soul.
7. What drug does Abbott call therapeutic?
8. What two people have to work together for the Communist revolution to work?
(a) The peasant and the worker.
(b) The middleclass and the peasants.
(c) The non-whites and the whites.
(d) The upperclass and the workingclass.
9. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
10. What drug does Abbott say helps him to think about philosophical matters?
11. What does Abbott say happens to men's hearts in prison?
(a) They shrivel.
(b) They blacken.
(c) They rot.
(d) They burst.
12. What country does Abbott say has the most oppressive regime on the planet?
13. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
14. Who does Abbott say are the only people able to cut through prejudice?
(d) True soldiers.
15. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
(a) Prison life.
(d) Real life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political system does Abbott want to see overthrown?
2. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
3. Who does Abbott say inherited the mathematics test?
4. What does Abbott say he uses heroin for?
5. What does Abbott think it would be more humane to do to a criminal who commits violent acts?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)