|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbott think it would be more humane to do to a criminal who commits violent acts?
(a) Brainwash him.
(b) Chain him up in his own house.
(c) Torture him.
(d) Put him into confinemnet.
2. What does Abbott say he is conflicted about?
(a) The prospect of freedom.
(b) Moving to another prison.
(c) The prospect of a family.
(d) His love for his country.
3. What did the restaurant do with the young man's food?
(a) Dropped it in his lap.
(b) Put it in a paper bag.
(c) Put it in a dog's bowl.
(d) Served it cold.
4. What political system attracts Abbott?
5. What does Abbott call the problems his pen pal suffers from?
6. What does Abbott say some prisoners are never given access to?
(b) Good food.
7. What is the name of the prisoner Abbott recalls in this section?
8. What does Abbott say drugs are his antidote to?
(a) The pigs.
(d) The devil.
9. Who runs the dance hall mentioned in #152?
10. Who does Abbott say inherited the mathematics test?
(b) South Americans.
11. What author does Abbott reference in this chapter?
12. What does Abbott say guilt is a matter of?
(a) The mind.
(b) The state.
(d) The heart.
13. What does Abbott mock Vietnam Veterans for being?
14. What did Marx say in his letter was ineffective?
(a) Capital punishment.
15. What does Abbot say Americans love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
2. What does Abbott say the American prison does rather than rehabilitate?
3. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
4. What is Abbott's pen pal's ambition?
5. How did the police deal with the black farmer when he threatened them?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)