|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the town's dance hall Abbott was passing through?
(a) Liberty Wells.
(b) Jefferson Ballroom.
(d) Lincoln Ballroom.
2. What does Abbott say is a barrier to intelligence?
3. What does Abbott want two dollars to purchase?
4. What does Abbott say is the form of the truth from a certain view point?
(b) Prison life.
(c) Real life.
5. Who does Abbott say whites are taught to hate in prison?
6. Why was an autopsy never performed on Blackie?
(a) He was a criminal.
(b) He had no relatives.
(c) He died of natural causes.
(d) He killed himself.
7. Which country does Abbott say is Cuba's master?
8. What kind of death does Abbott say prisoners enter when they enter prison?
(a) A civil death.
(b) A humorless death.
(c) A slow death.
(d) A state death.
9. What does Abbott claim every Communist revolution brings the world closer to?
(a) Complete poverty.
(b) Freedom for all.
(c) Its ideal state.
10. What does Abbott say America can steal from a person?
(a) One's soul.
(b) One's brain.
(c) One's life.
(d) One's freedom.
11. Who does Abbott say are the only people able to cut through prejudice?
(b) True soldiers.
12. What does Abbott say is the only consolation available to him in prison?
13. Where does Abbott say he wishes for instability?
(a) Southeast Asia.
(b) The Middle East.
(c) North Africa.
14. What does Abbott call Cuba?
(a) A pain.
(b) A sheep.
(c) An infant.
(d) A dog.
15. What is the name of Mailer's book about a true crime?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(c) Sleepness Nights.
(d) Executioner's Song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose writings does Abbott say he supports?
2. Why does Abbott say he would like to understand Gilmore?
3. What is Abbott's pen pal's ambition?
4. Which of the following does Abbott say whites use to prove they are superior?
5. What is the name of the Red and Black's protagonist?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)